What Is the True Gospel?

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 17, 2014 2:11 am » by *WillEase*

Published on Jan 16, 2014

There's a lot of confusion in this world, and we should be able to look to religion to point the way. But we find all kinds of serious fundamental disagreements in religion. And if you look at the variety of the different gospels--the Gospel of Jesus Christ, the Gospel of salvation, or the Gospel of grace, or the Gospel of the Kingdom, or the social Gospel, or even the Israel message--and many more like that, you see all kinds of confusion. How are we to understand the true Gospel? Many people have lost that Gospel, and the Gospel is everything! That's what the entire message of the Bible is about!

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 17, 2014 2:58 am » by Cosmine

Cosmine's cohost...:M8

Upload to Disclose.tv

Vocasti! :twisted:

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 17, 2014 4:31 am » by Constabul

What Is the True Gospel?
Flatulence, cause it is backed by bullshit, just like any other version of it.

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 17, 2014 5:24 am » by Cosmine

Constabul wrote:What Is the True Gospel?

The gospel of the twelves is very interesting, don't mean it's the truth or something like that....

In it Jesus talks about god the father and the goddess mother...
About being vegetarian and to be kind for the animals.... gives remedies to ailments... ect...

Very different than the other gospels...

:cheers:
Cosmine's cohost...:M8

Upload to Disclose.tv

Vocasti! :twisted:

Super Moderator

PostFri Jan 17, 2014 8:29 am » by Slith

The true Gospel according to the church? Or the ones they keep away from the general flock?

http://www.earlychristianwritings.com/gnostics.html

Beating the shit out of the spammers......one click at a time

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 17, 2014 11:51 am » by Constabul

Cosmine wrote:
Constabul wrote:What Is the True Gospel?

The gospel of the twelves is very interesting, don't mean it's the truth or something like that....

In it Jesus talks about god the father and the goddess mother...
About being vegetarian and to be kind for the animals.... gives remedies to ailments... ect...

Very different than the other gospels...

Sounds cool enough, i guess. Dont get me wrong, there are any number of philosophies that we as people surround ourselves with, be it stories of Jesus, Krishna, lau tzu, my little pony, dr. susse, GI Joe, etc.
An while it may give us guidelines or things to aspire for, and hope when things seems down. It does not give us insight to a creator, creation force, or to the notion that God beings, or their avatars walked among us. So here comes faith to shore up that uncertainty, to make us certain and comfort us in the haze of the over flow of smoke we blow up our own asses and those who fall in a somewhat agreeable line.

It's great we can find a empathic link to characters we read about, gives us a sense of sharing something with them, and may help make some a better person if they were lacking to begin with.
As the op states, but in my own metaphor, it is like buying ice cream. There are many versions and new ones being made vary often. That doesnt count the topings. Whowza the topics, all there to allow you to tailor your experience WHILE still being!...... Ice Cream.. What A coincidink!
If you dont get the metaphor, is cool, not everyone has to, Ultimately believe what you will, I know I will do the same.

I was going to joking say that common sense hack my account and made that post, and disavow any connection to it.