What is wrong with Islam today?

Conspirator

PostSat Jun 22, 2013 1:05 pm » by *WillEase*

Upload to Disclose.tv

Published on Jun 22, 2013

Is there really a problem with Islam today? Critics see Muslim women as downtrodden and sectarian conflict dominates the headlines, but for many Muslims this is a gross misrepresentation.
In this episode of Head to Head at the Oxford Union, Mehdi Hasan challenges controversial Canadian author Irshad Manji, writer of The Trouble with Islam Today and also Allah, Liberty and Love on the need to reform Islam, the notion of Ijtihad, the problem of Islamophobia and what Muslims need to own-up to.

Initiate

PostWed Jan 01, 2014 9:13 am » by OtheklzeR

waaaahhhh!!!! the uploader has not made this video available in this country (USA)
or the NSA is blocking it

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 01, 2014 12:07 pm » by Iwanci

The trouble with Islam is 'ISLAM'. end of story full stop.

The trouble with ANY religion is the religion itself... there is NO right religion, it is all wrong.

Religion is the commoditisation of belief, and this in itself is arrogant.. from arrogance the negative and divisive seeds are sown and from this grow the issues we see around us.

To say otherwise is to live a lie and to live a life of delusion.

Amen.
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 01, 2014 12:42 pm » by Toxic32

Wooooow. What a refreshing talk. I thought the interviewer was a dick head and I was overwhelmed by the lack arguments from the plethora of imams waiting to snipe her point of view. Thanks for posting the interview.

With people like her standing up and being counted gives me hope that maybe just maybe we can avoid being channeled into a third world war over religion.

I wonder how long it will be before she gets blow up. If they can shoot a school girl in the head for wanting to go to school what chance does she have.

:flop:
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 01, 2014 2:19 pm » by Iwanci

By doing what she is doing she is a quasi martyr for her cause.. don't be deceived peeps... if she wasn't allowed to be saying what she is saying she would already be dead or beaten. Religions are trying very hard to reinvent themselves... and all they are really doing is changing the status quo...

be deceived .. be very deceived ..... The greatest threat to religion is the awakening of its followers, and as times change, so too must religion in order to stop the followers questioning...

Q. what does 1 + 1 =?

A. whatever it takes to make you remain a follower.
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 01, 2014 3:54 pm » by Fatdogmendoza

Iwanci wrote:By doing what she is doing she is a quasi martyr for her cause.. don't be deceived peeps... if she wasn't allowed to be saying what she is saying she would already be dead or beaten. Religions are trying very hard to reinvent themselves... and all they are really doing is changing the status quo...

be deceived .. be very deceived ..... The greatest threat to religion is the awakening of its followers, and as times change, so too must religion in order to stop the followers questioning...

Q. what does 1 + 1 =?

A. whatever it takes to make you remain a follower.

i.e Image

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 01, 2014 4:16 pm » by Noentry

Islam is all but finished.
Gang mentality religion is a pestilence on this world.

Everything is wrong with Islam today/tomorrow.

Upload to Disclose.tv

"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 01, 2014 10:01 pm » by Opalserpent

It's easy to point fingers but we christians were just as bad in our young years.
Jews are busy destorying the world but thats not what we are here to talk about.
Obviously muslims backed by zionist money and jews pretending to be muslims
commiting terrorisim is enough.

The only even remotely sustainable argument is that muslims mistreat their women however
every religion does.

It's obvious that the producers of this program are zionist funded and if I researched I would
find the connections quickly however I have tropical ear today and there are more important
things to post then muslim hate.

I still blame those that make us war with eachother on purpose while they steal our
banks and land and liberty.
Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 11:04 am » by Iwanci

Does or Should a true believer care about what people think? Does a true believer care about the clothes or jewellery its leader wears?

NO! a true believer is blinded by faith. So why is it important to ensure that there is a noticeable change between old and new leaders? Why is it important to change the way people think?

The real answer is that there are not may TRUE believers left. True believers are vastly different from believers of convenience.

The only real thing to understand is that there is no difference between religions.. the story may change but it is a story nonetheless.

You want to lift the veil? The further from the religious 'god' you get, the closer to the inner 'god' you will get. God, is simply one's inner self, go within and you will rise... if you need to get your morals from someone else, then you have lost the first basic principle of faith in mankind and the battle is over.

No ONE but YOU has the power to reach your destination, following others make you open for exploitation.
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator

PostThu Jan 02, 2014 2:32 pm » by Flecktarn

Its the same as every other religion the followers start interpreting it to suit their own ideals or agendas then the trouble starts
ImageImage

Next