What's for Easter Dinner?

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 6:20 pm » by Spock

For those of you who participate in the Easter celebration, give it up, what's for dinner today?

We just pulled a spiral ham off the grill - braising it in it's own juices, have au gratin potatoes, steamed asparagus, grilled corn on the cob and yeast rolls and home made lemon cream ice cream.

The only thing that sucks is the meal will destroy my buzz, so I may wait to eat until around 3 or 4.

Initiate

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 6:33 pm » by Bink02

Nothing fancy, BBQ hamburgers , hot dogs, potato salad , got some small cocktail shrimp, I haven't quite figured out what I'm going to do with yet : :headscratch: and of course BEER ... :cheers:
Founder of the RLA (Rebel Lemming Alliance ) * We follow no one ...

"People should not fear their governments, governments should fear their people ."

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 6:59 pm » by Spock

Can't beat BBQ hamburgers!

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 7:01 pm » by 99socks

Still trying to figure out what the heck to do with a ham without Vernor's....

Pineapple, brown sugar and cloves is good... but no Vernor's. :?
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 7:07 pm » by Spock

my wife did some sort of glaze with spicy mustard and pineapple juice (rubbed on) and topped with a couple pineapple rings (canned pineapple). Then cooked it on the grill wrapped in tin foil for 2 hours at 375. Braising the juices over it.

Not a thick glaze - i guess just enough to seep down into the juice as it cooks.

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 7:07 pm » by domdabears

I just celebrate the family and easter bunny thing. Nothing religious.
We're doing something different this year and are going to a brunch.
Getting ready to leave soon.
I haven't been to a brunch since I was about 8.

So we will be eating everything you could think of most likely.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 7:13 pm » by Spock

POTLOCKS RULE!!!!

FINGER SANDWICHES & HOME COOKED CHICKEN FINGERS FOREVER!

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 7:35 pm » by -Marduk-

I`ll grill some fine stuff today: steaks (turkey steaks for the girls) drenched in herb sauce, some tiny Nürnberger Bratwürste, stuffed paprika & potatoes, champignon mushrooms

all served with some fine dips...

garlic bread, herb butter

aaand to crown it all, my gurls specialty:

East-German noodle salad.

Lecker!!!

yeah and beer.... a lot of beeeer

Initiate

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 7:48 pm » by Ademu

Not Religious

But i'll be making my own yummy japanese style chicken cutlet curry

Recipe for those interested, not to honk my own horn but its amazing:

INGREDIENTS:

For the chicken:

200g chicken
100g flour (seasoned with salt and pepper)
1 egg, beaten
200g breadcrumbs
100 ml vegetable oil

For the sauce:

1 tablespoon vegetable oil
1 onion, peeled & chopped
5 garlic cloves, peeled
1 carrot, peeled & chopped
2 tablespoons plain flour
1 tablespoon curry powder
600ml chicken stock
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons honey
½ teaspoon garam masala

Method:

1. Heat the oil in a pan. Add the onion and garlic and sauté for 2 minutes, then add the carrot and cook slowly for 10 minutes, with the lid on, stirring occasionally.

2. Stir in the flour and curry powder and cook for one minute. Add the chicken stock, then the soy sauce and the honey. Bring to the boil. Reduce the heat, and simmer for 20 minutes.

3. Add the garam masala and pass through a sieve to make a smooth sauce.

For the chicken:

1. Lay the (seasoned) flour, egg and breadcrumbs on to separate plates. Coat the chicken with the flour, the egg and the breadcrumbs.

2. Heat the oil in a frying pan, then fry the chicken for 5 minutes on each side.

3. Remove from the pan and drain on kitchen paper.

Serve on rice with the sauce on top.

PostThu May 05, 2011 11:05 am » by Elizixia

One of our family favorites was this simple but delicious recipe for Hot Curried Fruit. It is a wonderful accompaniment to your glazed ham. You can use most any kind of canned fruit, but do be aware of mixing pleasing colors and textures, too. This can be put together the night before, covered and refrigerated and heated the next day either in a crockpot for several hours on low or in the oven for about 30-40 minutes at 350 degrees.

Hot Curried Fruit

1 large can pineapple chunks (drain and reserve juice) 1 regular can pears, halved (drain and reserve juice) 1 regular can peaches, halved (or can substitute apricots) (drain and reserve juice) 1/2 c. maraschino cherries 1/3 c. butter, melted 1/2 c. brown sugar 1 1/2 tsp. curry powder 1 tbsp. lemon juice

Place drained fruit in a sprayed 9x13 pan (or equivalent) with cut sides of the fruit facing down. Drop maraschino cherries on top in a pretty pattern. Mix half of the reserved fruit juices, melted butter, brown sugar, curry powder, and lemon juice in a saucepan and heat until brown sugar is melted, stirring carefully. Pour butter/sugar mixture on top of fruit. Bake for 35-45 minutes at 350 degrees. Serve warm or cooled. This is wonderful with ham.MySpace Layouts...

Next