What's happening with the moon?

Initiate

PostFri Jan 21, 2011 3:42 pm » by Alternateworld

There has already been threads about the position of the moon and many eagle eyed astro-types soon perked up and said that the moon IS where it should be. Excellent. :flop:

But what of it's orientation? has it rotated, have WE rotated?

Either way there's a growing amount of people that are asking these questions...

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

This is the best i can get the moon due to technological restrictions! :lol:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Intrigued, i compared pics that i'd taken, one from nov 25th and the other from jan 18th, and i must admit that they don't look to be the same, is this right...?

Using the collective power of the dtv intelligence network surely we can solve this one... :headscratch:

Super Moderator

PostFri Jan 21, 2011 3:53 pm » by The57ironman

those last two are your pics?..... :flop:

that an amazing discrepency.... :o

holy sh*t.....dig a hole :ohno: :ohno:

:peep:

:cheers:

Professor Chris Williams says a solution to the climate crisis requires a restructuring of the global economy

Image.....just buy more red shoes..

Super Moderator

PostFri Jan 21, 2011 3:56 pm » by The57ironman

wait a minute....rotate

Professor Chris Williams says a solution to the climate crisis requires a restructuring of the global economy

Image.....just buy more red shoes..

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 21, 2011 4:05 pm » by Thesaint

Yep, Rotate baby. :cheers:

Initiate

PostFri Jan 21, 2011 4:09 pm » by Alternateworld

I can personally say that i have not done anything with the pics. And as far as i'm aware, and as far as i can remember, i took them both from a horizontal position.

But my pics aside, there's a lot of folk saying that something like this may have occurred, i just wanna see if we on here can prove or debunk such a notion. I mean, the evidence is right in front of our face, most nights...

Writer

PostFri Jan 21, 2011 4:21 pm » by Stinkbug

It appears to be the same side we are seeing in the 2 photos although the face appears to be shifted counterclockwise 45 degrees. Also take note the 1st photo is not a full moon pic as the 2nd one is.

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 21, 2011 4:22 pm » by Funnyman46

Where's the Man in the Moon view we're used to seeing?I've tried to get a couple of shots from the southern east coast of the states but it's been cloudy skies for a few days.I'll keep trying and send what I can to see if this has happened from this perspective as well.
Nice shots of the moon alternateworld :flop:
Sometimes, simple is better

Initiate

PostFri Jan 21, 2011 4:40 pm » by Alternateworld

Because of the way i attach my cam to the scope there should only be a change in angle when i zoom in, as these two look the same size i am assuming that the camera was in the same position for both shots. I fully accept that this may not have been the case and therefore i'm happy for the above photo not to be used in evidence for the theory. I am not a sensationalist or hoaxer and don't wish to be viewed as one, hence this little explanation to my picture.

At the time i wasn't really noting the orientation, i will be from now on tho, ...with a spirit level if need be! :geek:

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 21, 2011 4:45 pm » by Newdawnrising

Maybe this has already been said, but imo the moon is reflecting the changes of our SUN. IMO color frequencies change, as do the frequencies in sound. The Sun is reviving up, it will blow off some mass, and then take a nice long nap. :flop:
I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man, sometimes they have some really good ideas.

Conspirator

PostFri Jan 21, 2011 4:50 pm » by Newdawnrising

@ alternate, you certainly captured some stunners. I haven't seen the moon in 38 days, and that's no lie, in fact you can bank on it. But you know what, the SUN is shinning, so far this is the longest it has shown itself in 15 days. Which is nice, so nice i might just get off my lazy ass and shovel, i might! :sunny:
I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man, sometimes they have some really good ideas.

Next