What should you do if you see a ghost/spirit?

PostThu Apr 14, 2011 7:12 am » by Justinaxwe

In my grandmas house I sometimes can sense something in the rooms people have passed away in, like it feels cold and empty. What should I do if I see a ghost? I watch videos on YouTube and I have nightmares so I think I would have a heartattack in real life..

:pray:

Conspirator

PostThu Apr 14, 2011 7:21 am » by Bleever

Nope rise above and empower yourself...the question is why is this spirit a ghost? It takes nothing away from you...point being you are allowed to be you...these ghosts/spirits (which are real) cannot take away from you...so let this give you strength..
Jesus died our death so that we may receive His life.

Writer

PostThu Apr 14, 2011 9:40 am » by Kryptin

why are you so scared of the unknown? Ask yourself why you're really afraid of paranormal contact. Most ghostly encounters are not evil in nature.

Initiate

PostFri Apr 15, 2011 5:41 pm » by Malkere

ghosts are dead people. usually nothing to be afraid of. I would say "Hello" if I were you. Try to keep them calm, try to lead them into the light. Souls are supposed to go back to the higher realms after their bodies die; some people get scared/trapped though and relive various moments/areas of their recent life, while some are free and unbound, simply unaware of their ability to return to "Heaven" whenever they're ready.

treat them how you would like to be treated.
To realize that you do not understand is a virtue;
Not to realize that you do not understand is a defect. -Lao Tzu

Initiate

PostFri Apr 15, 2011 5:43 pm » by Symbolon

Call Ghost Buster of course..

Writer

PostFri Apr 15, 2011 5:47 pm » by rvtruth

DO Nothing.....Neither exist. A result of hypertension or an over active mind. It seems you have other deep seated fears you are failing to recognise. Movies are movies, facts are facts. There is NO proof of any Ghosts, Gods, Easter Bunnies or Santa Claus. Learn to relax, meditate and do things that bring joy into your life, watch a good comedy and fill your home with positive energy, that does exist like electricity and is scientifically proven. Good vibes can change your home and your life.

Don't be afraid of the shadows, the same stuff is there when the lights are on.

Good Luck

Initiate

PostFri Apr 15, 2011 6:14 pm » by 7hidden7agenda7

most ghosts are unaware that they have died, explaining to them that it's time to move on is usually sufficient, as has already been noted by malkere. there are many soft methods for removing an unwanted presence, they usually revolve around asking, prodding, guiding etc. there is one method which can be used, ideally as a last resort, which isn't a soft method, and that is the holy water ritual from 'psychic self defence' by dion fortune. you could try the local church's holy water, but I'd advise you make your own instead. it really depends on how much you believe in it, making your own is probably more effective unless you're particularly weak minded. And don't go using it on friends and/or family that have passed on, that's just rude.

tl:dr
a wild ghost appears :ghost:
used "holy water" :vomit:
It's super effective :owned:
Last edited by 7hidden7agenda7 on Fri Apr 15, 2011 6:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Expedite Your Imminent Demise. Or Die Trying!

Initiate

PostFri Apr 15, 2011 6:15 pm » by Symbolon

DO Nothing.....Neither exist.

This has to be one of the most ridiculous statements I have yet read.

Writer

PostFri Apr 15, 2011 6:17 pm » by Thundercock

Sorry rvtruth, I have to disagree. I've had strange experiences on a handful of occassions myself. Not because of hypertension or anything...They just sort of happened on their own accord without my consent. I've seen a black mass in the corner of one of my appartments in San Francisco materialize then take on the standard aparition human form where features are obscured but it stood upright.

On a seperate occassion that same black mass formed into a clearly visible black cat, larger than most house cats though, and ran through the appartment then disappeared into a wall.

Also, after my grandmother died I went back into her house as I was left in charge of clearing out some things. I had left my coat on a nightstand the previous day and went back the next morning to get it because I was headed to the airport to fly home to Cali. Sitting on top of the jacket as if place and sitting upright against the back of the nightstand was an envelope that contained the death certificate and those little cards the funeral home gives out. They were for my grandfather who died 9 years earlier. When I went to pick it up to inquire how the hell it got there (because it was boxed up for storage by my wife on the previous day) I also got the classic electric charge where the hair on your body stands up and the temperature dropped. I didn't believe in any of that stuff at all really until that had happened. I wasn't afraid as I knew it was the spirit of my grandmother just coming to say goodbye...but I still ran out of the house like a little bitch because of the unexpected experience. Come on y'all, you know I bitched right up. I can't get over on you guys.

I have never gone back and the house was sold to the parents of one of my childhood friends...which actually was a nice surprise for me because they are really good people and their kids are top notch. A fireman and policeman in Leominster, Ma.

In regards to what to do...I would say try to overcome any fear you might have. If these things really do feed off of human emotion you don't want to feed it poison. Try to be calm and communicate if need be. If you want it to leave ask how you can help it get where it's going. I'm not sure ignoring it will work but you're free to try that too. Bottom line is this, if it hasn't tried to hurt you yet it probably won't. Maybe it's just a lonely spirit and wouldn't mind some company. Maybe it's lost or perhaps too afraid to admit that it's dead. Do what you can to lend a helping hand. After all living people are just spirits in meat suits. Dont' let the physical world get in the way of your caring nature for all souls. Just be kind and be safe about it. You'll be fine.

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 15, 2011 6:38 pm » by Cwmman

Some wild things have happened in my house sometimes spooky but mostly good, if me and the other half are having a barney the lights start to flicker we then know its time to stop because something else is getting pissed of with us and other times when the radio/tv comes on or the banging on the wall from the spair room happens i usualy have a 'talk' with whatever it is and that calms things down.
My daughter saw a ghost in our house about 5/6 years ago, she phoned me up to tell me
"there's an old man on the stairs"
and before i could get home she told me not to bother because he had gone... i could'nt believe how calm she was .
Try not to worry to much because you will just scare yourself,
the last paragraph that thunder cock wrote basicaly says it all, good advice :flop:
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—
after they’ve tried everything else.
Winston Churchill.

Next