8%
Unwarranted
54%
What's a duck?
38%

Total votes : 13
Conspirator

PostTue Dec 24, 2013 4:58 am » by *WillEase*

What do you make of the public backlash that Duck Dynasty star, Phil Robertson has received from pro-homosexual activists after his anti-gay remarks last week? Justified or unwarranted?

Original GQ article that started the controversy:
http://www.gq.com/entertainment/televis ... rentPage=1

Conspirator

PostTue Dec 24, 2013 6:29 am » by *WillEase*

Sponsor Sends a Message With Statement on Phil Robertson, ‘Duck Dynasty’ Controversy
Dec. 23, 2013 9:00pm Jason Howerton

Realtree, a hunting and outdoors company, released a statement Monday reaffirming its partnership with the Duck Commander team, including Phil Robertson. The company also made it clear that they support “everyone’s right to their opinion” and made no attempt to apologize or clarify for Robertson.
http://www.realtree.com/hunting/article ... ins-strong

“Realtree’s partnership with Phil Robertson and the Duck Commander team has remained strong for nearly a decade. Our plan is to continue that partnership,” the statement reads. “As a company, our values align well with the Robertson’s. Realtree’s “Family, Friends and the Outdoors” slogan is one we take to heart. We support everyone’s right to their opinion, and we certainly support Phil’s right to his.”

The statement comes as other companies contemplate their relationship with the “Duck Dynasty” crew.

Cracker Barrel decided to stop selling “Duck Dynasty” merchandise, only to quickly reverse the decision following public outrage.

“You told us we made a mistake,” the company wrote on its Facebook page. “And, you weren’t shy about it. You wrote, you called and you took to social media to express your thoughts and feelings. You flat out told us we were wrong. We listened. Today, we are putting all our Duck Dynasty products back in our stores.”
http://www.latimes.com/business/money/l ... z2oLsNrafg

Initiate

PostSat Dec 28, 2013 12:38 am » by Ishumble

Not bashing the post but really who cares while we turn our attention to this who holds congress accountable,who is concerned about the millions loosing their unemployment benefits,who cares about the thousand of abused,and exploited children. The news has once again twisted us into some nonsense so we are distracted from the real issues, I think it is a conspiracy :shock:

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 28, 2013 1:36 am » by 99socks

Ishumble wrote:Not bashing the post but really who cares while we turn our attention to this who holds congress accountable,who is concerned about the millions loosing their unemployment benefits,who cares about the thousand of abused,and exploited children. The news has once again twisted us into some nonsense so we are distracted from the real issues, I think it is a conspiracy :shock:

Pfft, forget even about all of that stuff... during this whole Duck fiasco, Congress passed the NDAA. :o

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_D ... ongress%29
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Initiate

PostSat Dec 28, 2013 3:39 am » by grimghost

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 28, 2013 6:42 am » by *WillEase*

grimghost wrote:

Upload to Disclose.tv

That was quick. Suspending him was stupid to begin with.

Super Moderator

PostSat Dec 28, 2013 7:41 am » by Seahawk

Maybe it's just me, but there are several things that I find sort of "scary" about this whole Duck bullshit.

1. This is perceived as/ is considered a popular (good) show? :shock:

2. This is perceived as/ is considered a popular (good) show on A & E????? :shock:

3. This is perceived as/ is considered a popular (good) show on A & E, so much so, that they have their own fucking Chia pet characters???? :shock:

4. This is perceived as/ is considered a popular (good) show on A & E, so much so, that there are 3 threads about it, here on DTV???? :shock:

5. Even Will is into it????? :shock: ( :P )

Baaaaaa. Baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa.

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 28, 2013 10:36 am » by *WillEase*

Seahawk wrote:Maybe it's just me, but there are several things that I find sort of "scary" about this whole Duck bullshit.

4. This is perceived as/ is considered a popular (good) show on A & E, so much so, that there are 3 threads about it, here on DTV???? :shock:

One of which was created by a moderator... :roll:

A&E confirmed on Friday that “Duck Dynasty” will resume filming later this spring with the “entire Robertson family.” That means Phil Robertson’s “hiatus” from the show, sparked by his remarks about homosexuality in GQ magazine, will have absolutely no impact on the upcoming season or the show at large.

The Robertson family also announced on Friday that Phil will still be as involved as ever in the series. The “Duck Dynasty” patriarch missed no filming during his temporary suspension that resulted in intense backlash from fans...and Will. :twisted:

Read A&E’s statement relating the show via the Hollywood Reporter:

As a global media content company, A+E Networks’ core values are centered around creativity, inclusion and mutual respect. We believe it is a privilege for our brands to be invited into people’s home and we operate with a strong sense of integrity and deep commitment to these principals.

That is why we reacted so quickly and strongly to a recent interview with Phil Robertson. While Phil’s comments made in the interview reflect his personal views based on his own beliefs, and his own personal journey, he and his family have publicly stated they regret the “coarse language” he used and the mis-interpretation of his core beliefs based only on the article. He also made it clear he would “never incite or encourage hate.” We at A+E Networks expressed our disappointment with his statements in the article, and reiterate that they are not views we hold.

But Duck Dynasty is not a show about one man’s views. It resonates with a large audience because it is a show about family… a family that America has come to love. As you might have seen in many episodes, they come together to reflect and pray for unity, tolerance and forgiveness. These are three values that we at A+E Networks also feel strongly about.

So after discussions with the Robertson family, as well as consulting with numerous advocacy groups, A&E has decided to resume filming Duck Dynasty later this spring with the entire Robertson family.

We will also use this moment to launch a national public service campaign (PSA) promoting unity, tolerance and acceptance among all people, a message that supports our core values as a company, and the values found in Duck Dynasty. These PSAs will air across our entire portfolio.

An A&E source also told the Hollywood Reporter the family and network plan to work together to promote “tolerance” in the future.

In the GQ interview that started all the controversy, Robertson said homosexuality is “not logical” and immoral from a Biblical sense. He also questioned why a man would choose another man’s “anus” over a woman’s “vagina.”

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 28, 2013 2:35 pm » by Rich316

Have you ever seen these guys do any work? the show is just flipping stupid beyond belief.. each to their own I guess... I mean all these duck whistle orders and these guys are sittting on their asses doing nothing.. I bet most are made in china and the ones they do make are just for 'the show'... I dunno but I think people watch the show and laugh at them not with them... they are strange people but they're harmless and obviously his invention has paid off big time.. I learned 2 things from that show.. 1. who it was who invented the duck whistle and 2. how much money wealthy people can waste doing stupid shit.. see Bam Margera for that too..

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 28, 2013 8:38 pm » by Thebluecanary

I've never seen the show, and have no plans to watch it. Unless antiques are involved, I'm pretty bored by reality TV and wish it would go away already.

I don't really agree with the man's views.

I have seen an exhausting amount of argument about this topic on social media from my friends and family. The conservative folks are crying about free speech and demanding boycotts. The liberal side is posting helpful infographics to explain to the conservative side what they think "free speech" actually means, and how one is free to say whatever one wants just as ones employer is free to fire one for expressing an unpopular public opinion if it feels like it damages the brand. (Conveniently forgetting all the times that they themselves have had twisted panties over someone being punished for expressing an opinion that THEY agree with, and all the times that they themselves have called for a boycott of someone or something that they believe represents policies they disagree with.)

Other than just being sick to death of hearing about it, and feeling like the whole controversy has been manipulated to take attention off other scarier things going on, I'm glad that A&E backed down and let the man have his job back. Not because I care about the show, or because I hate the gays, but because I'm pretty concerned about the trend in this country that we have to silence people we disagree with. Paula Deen said a naughty word ten years ago in a private conversation…so she has to loose her show and her corporate endorsements? The whole "You said something that hurts my feelings, now you must be DESTROYED" thing is very McCarthy era to me, and I don't care for it. It's not really "free speech" if it costs you your livelihood, now is it? Meanwhile, scumbag thugs like Michael Vick commit actual crimes, and we have to fall all over ourselves to give them second chances?
Remember, in a real conspiracy, all players are pawns regardless of their rank.
-----Christopher Hyatt

Next

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook