What the hell is going on about this spill?!?!

Initiate

PostSun Jul 04, 2010 9:32 am » by Shagrath

Now this just pisses me off! This is out in the general media even, not some conspiracy.

- There are obvious actions to speed things up, but the government oddly resists taking them.
- First, the Environmental Protection Agency can relax restrictions on the amount of oil in discharged water, currently limited to 15 parts per million.
- Various skimmers and tankers (some of them very large) are available that could eliminate most of the oil from seawater, discharging the mostly clean water while storing the oil onboard.
- Next, the Obama administration can waive the Jones Act, which restricts foreign ships from operating in U.S. coastal waters.
- The combination of these two regulations is delaying and may even prevent the world's largest skimmer, the Taiwanese owned "A Whale," from deploying.
- In addition, the federal government can free American-based skimmers. Of the 2,000 skimmers in the U.S. (not subject to the Jones Act or other restrictions), only 400 have been sent to the Gulf.
- The Obama administration can also permit more state and local initiatives.

As the government fails to implement such simple and straightforward remedies, one must ask why.

Must read!
http://finance.yahoo.com/banking-budget ... -budgeting

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 04, 2010 10:02 am » by Will69ease

Writer

PostSun Jul 04, 2010 10:28 am » by Ahmafi

Dear reader
Think of it as conspiracy , what can anyone do ?
just set back and enjoy what is left ?

Initiate

PostSun Jul 04, 2010 4:52 pm » by Shagrath

Happy 4th everyone! :cheers:

Just bumping here...

Conspirator

PostSun Jul 04, 2010 11:35 pm » by Illuminated

'BP is caught lying by CNN on Corexit Dispersent use after EPA demands 75% reduction.
CLOSE [X]
Incessant Tomfoolery and ongoing outrage.

Clearly they do not give a rats ass about the possible short and long term effects as long as they keep the oil under the surface of the water'

vid: http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=dc1_1278131711
Restoring Sanity and or Keeping Fear Alive! :wink:

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 05, 2010 1:37 am » by Megame23

naught wrote:
ahmafi wrote:Dear reader
Think of it as conspiracy , what can anyone do ?
just set back and enjoy what is left ?

No more sitting back.

You are damn right.
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing." ~Edmund Burke

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 05, 2010 2:45 am » by Hansom

The governments only role in society is to control, subdue, manipulate the human race.
They do so for the corporations and the bank owners, who in turn do so for ?
But it's got nothing to do with the attainment of wealth, it's just about control and manipulation.
If you're waiting for the governments of the world to get off their collective asses and do something about the whole situation in the world.
You'll be waiting for a very very very long time.
The only way things will change for the better is if we the people take the power back.
But as you and I know people are far too busy, following the programme/ playing the game.
Fear, greed and apathy are the socially accepted norm.
Live a life without these and you're considered strange, crazy or even dangerous.
But don't worry too much about this for the status quo cannot be maintained indefinitely.
Things will change, they always do.
If our documented history is to be believed:-
100,000 years ago we where sitting in a cold dark cave picking our arses, afraid of the dark.
10,000 years ago we couldn't construct a simple geometric shape bigger than ourselves.
1000 years ago we couldn't even travel across continents in less than a day.
100 years ago we weren't able to transmit images and sounds at near instantaneous speeds across the globe.
10 years ago planets outside the solar system were unheard of.
1 year ago the gulf of mexico was a beautiful place to see.
So you see things will always change, believe.
In Lak'ech

May the force be with you, always.

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 05, 2010 3:28 am » by Hansom

Thank you jetxvii I appreciate that.
I am very deliberate in what I say and think carefully before I post a reply on the forum.
I will read what I have put so far, think then add another little bit.
I don't do so to be deceitful or to sound clever, it's just the way I am.
I figure if I am going to commit time and energy into saying something, it should be worthwhile.
Isn't that what part of being a "good" person is.
Again, thanks :D
In Lak'ech

May the force be with you, always.