What the Mayans Have to Say

Master Conspirator

PostTue Mar 13, 2012 4:14 am » by Cornbread714

If you'd like a better insight into all this 2012 talk, it makes sense to listen to what the Mayans actually have to say.

This documentary starts with all the prophecy stuff and ends up showing what is happening in modern Mayan life. I think it really gives a great perspective on what we all may be headed for globally and how we must change, prophecies or not.

The Mayans are struggling to reclaim their land and culture, and who can blame them - they've been fucked by everyone since the Spaniards showed up and they're sick of it. And maybe their local struggle has a lot of relevance to the rest of us and our survival as we move into the next "cycle".

I'm sure some will see this as some kind of communist propaganda, but if you're that dim-witted then there truly is no hope for you. I hope Quetzlcoatl carries you off into the sky while you scream and beg for forgiveness... :alien51:

http://www.disclose.tv/members/action/v ... umentary_/
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Master Conspirator

PostTue Mar 13, 2012 4:43 am » by Cornbread714

Of course, being an ancient Mayan did have its drawbacks:

But they had a lot of laughs, too...

Conspirator

PostTue Mar 13, 2012 4:48 am » by Hackjames

Without having investigated in any capacity, I wonder about the authenticity of some of the most brutal practices attributed to the Maya. I have my reasons for suspicion, but I'm curious if anyone could either validate or invalidate my opinion for me?

Don't make me type things when you could type things instead, please.
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Master Conspirator

PostTue Mar 13, 2012 4:54 am » by Cornbread714

hackjames wrote:Without having investigated in any capacity, I wonder about the authenticity of some of the most brutal practices attributed to the Maya. I have my reasons for suspicion, but I'm curious if anyone could either validate or invalidate my opinion for me?

Don't make me type things when you could type things instead, please.

As far as I know, the Mayans were, for a long time, generally considered to be a lot less bloody than the Aztecs.

But in the 70's (I think), they decoded the Mayan glyphs (or so they say) and finally were able to translate them. When they did, they found the Mayans to be just as into blood sacrifice as the Aztecs, or maybe even more so.

At least that's what the scholars say.

Conspirator

PostTue Mar 13, 2012 5:00 am » by Hackjames

While I sincerely thank you for the response, I was already aware of the situation in those terms, which is what I disagree with (potentially, anyway).

What you wrote does provide good context for my inquiry, but I was hoping for something more specific and "concrete"...to support me either being correct or needlessly concerned. I hope that is vague enough to be both helpful and motivational for anyone who feels qualified to participate in this exercise.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Master Conspirator

PostTue Mar 13, 2012 5:02 am » by Cornbread714

But I have also heard it theorized that the Mayans returned to the land after the heyday of their civilization that saw the building of the pyramids. They certainly seem to have left it all behind at some point.

No one really knows why. Some theorize that after their society grew to an unmanageable, corrupt level, that they abandoned their cities and became farmers again.

Conspirator

PostTue Mar 13, 2012 5:10 am » by Hackjames

cornbread714 wrote:No one really knows why.

That's it right there, isn't it?

I just find it a bit difficult to believe I suppose, but I'm also attributing them with having built the relevant structures associated with their civilization. If they just moved in after the fact then my argument weakens considerably.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Conspirator

PostTue Mar 13, 2012 5:13 am » by Frutty

hackjames wrote:
cornbread714 wrote:No one really knows why.

That's it right there, isn't it?

I just find it a bit difficult to believe I suppose, but I'm also attributing them with having built the relevant structures associated with their civilization. If they just moved in after the fact then my argument weakens considerably.

The most authoritative documentation about the brutality of Mayan are what are known as the codices. (of course they could be forgeries, as in fact some of them have been found to be)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_codic ... ya_codices :rtft:
ImageImageImageImage
Deception in life is nothing but a lie reduced to practice

Conspirator

PostTue Mar 13, 2012 5:26 am » by Frutty

It was a long time since I've read the mayan history, but they did not abandon their lands.

They were exterminated.

The reason, the Spaniards believed that such a brutal race could not be brought into Catholicism and were deemed creatures of the devil.

They were hunted with dogs and swords almost to their extermination.

Of course, its race survives as some of the Spaniards took Mayan wives.

There's a beautiful love story about a Spaniard and a Mayan woman, and if my memory don;t fail me Cortez, Mexico's conquistador, had a Mayan wife

:flop:
ImageImageImageImage
Deception in life is nothing but a lie reduced to practice

Master Conspirator

PostTue Mar 13, 2012 5:39 am » by Cornbread714

frutty wrote:It was a long time since I've read the mayan history, but they did not abandon their lands.

They were exterminated.

The reason, the Spaniards believed that such a brutal race could not be brought into Catholicism and were deemed creatures of the devil.

They were hunted with dogs and swords almost to their extermination.

Of course, its race survives as some of the Spaniards took Mayan wives.

There's a beautiful love story about a Spaniard and a Mayan woman, and if my memory don;t fail me Cortez, Mexico's conquistador, had a Mayan wife

:flop:

I didn't say they abandoned their lands.

I said they abandoned their cities, which they did before the Spaniards arrived.

The Aztecs were still in the height of their civilization when the conquest occurred. The Mayans were basically an agrarian society at that point.

I think you are getting the two cultures confused.

Next