What the Mayans Have to Say

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 10610
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:11 pm

PostTue Mar 13, 2012 4:14 am » by Cornbread714


If you'd like a better insight into all this 2012 talk, it makes sense to listen to what the Mayans actually have to say.

This documentary starts with all the prophecy stuff and ends up showing what is happening in modern Mayan life. I think it really gives a great perspective on what we all may be headed for globally and how we must change, prophecies or not.

The Mayans are struggling to reclaim their land and culture, and who can blame them - they've been fucked by everyone since the Spaniards showed up and they're sick of it. And maybe their local struggle has a lot of relevance to the rest of us and our survival as we move into the next "cycle".

I'm sure some will see this as some kind of communist propaganda, but if you're that dim-witted then there truly is no hope for you. I hope Quetzlcoatl carries you off into the sky while you scream and beg for forgiveness... :alien51:

http://www.disclose.tv/members/action/v ... umentary_/
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 10610
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:11 pm

PostTue Mar 13, 2012 4:43 am » by Cornbread714


Of course, being an ancient Mayan did have its drawbacks:
Image


But they had a lot of laughs, too...
Image
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator
Posts: 1729
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:14 am

PostTue Mar 13, 2012 4:48 am » by Hackjames


Without having investigated in any capacity, I wonder about the authenticity of some of the most brutal practices attributed to the Maya. I have my reasons for suspicion, but I'm curious if anyone could either validate or invalidate my opinion for me?

Don't make me type things when you could type things instead, please.
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 10610
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:11 pm

PostTue Mar 13, 2012 4:54 am » by Cornbread714


hackjames wrote:Without having investigated in any capacity, I wonder about the authenticity of some of the most brutal practices attributed to the Maya. I have my reasons for suspicion, but I'm curious if anyone could either validate or invalidate my opinion for me?

Don't make me type things when you could type things instead, please.


As far as I know, the Mayans were, for a long time, generally considered to be a lot less bloody than the Aztecs.

But in the 70's (I think), they decoded the Mayan glyphs (or so they say) and finally were able to translate them. When they did, they found the Mayans to be just as into blood sacrifice as the Aztecs, or maybe even more so.

At least that's what the scholars say.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator
Posts: 1729
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:14 am

PostTue Mar 13, 2012 5:00 am » by Hackjames


While I sincerely thank you for the response, I was already aware of the situation in those terms, which is what I disagree with (potentially, anyway).

What you wrote does provide good context for my inquiry, but I was hoping for something more specific and "concrete"...to support me either being correct or needlessly concerned. I hope that is vague enough to be both helpful and motivational for anyone who feels qualified to participate in this exercise.
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 10610
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:11 pm

PostTue Mar 13, 2012 5:02 am » by Cornbread714


But I have also heard it theorized that the Mayans returned to the land after the heyday of their civilization that saw the building of the pyramids. They certainly seem to have left it all behind at some point.

No one really knows why. Some theorize that after their society grew to an unmanageable, corrupt level, that they abandoned their cities and became farmers again.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator
Posts: 1729
Joined: Wed Dec 31, 2008 12:14 am

PostTue Mar 13, 2012 5:10 am » by Hackjames


cornbread714 wrote:No one really knows why.


That's it right there, isn't it?

I just find it a bit difficult to believe I suppose, but I'm also attributing them with having built the relevant structures associated with their civilization. If they just moved in after the fact then my argument weakens considerably.
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3454
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:35 am

PostTue Mar 13, 2012 5:13 am » by Frutty


hackjames wrote:
cornbread714 wrote:No one really knows why.


That's it right there, isn't it?

I just find it a bit difficult to believe I suppose, but I'm also attributing them with having built the relevant structures associated with their civilization. If they just moved in after the fact then my argument weakens considerably.


The most authoritative documentation about the brutality of Mayan are what are known as the codices. (of course they could be forgeries, as in fact some of them have been found to be)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Maya_codic ... ya_codices :rtft:
ImageImageImageImage
Image
Deception in life is nothing but a lie reduced to practice

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3454
Joined: Fri Dec 31, 2010 9:35 am

PostTue Mar 13, 2012 5:26 am » by Frutty


It was a long time since I've read the mayan history, but they did not abandon their lands.

They were exterminated.

The reason, the Spaniards believed that such a brutal race could not be brought into Catholicism and were deemed creatures of the devil.

They were hunted with dogs and swords almost to their extermination.

Of course, its race survives as some of the Spaniards took Mayan wives.

There's a beautiful love story about a Spaniard and a Mayan woman, and if my memory don;t fail me Cortez, Mexico's conquistador, had a Mayan wife

:flop:
ImageImageImageImage
Image
Deception in life is nothing but a lie reduced to practice

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 10610
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:11 pm

PostTue Mar 13, 2012 5:39 am » by Cornbread714


frutty wrote:It was a long time since I've read the mayan history, but they did not abandon their lands.

They were exterminated.

The reason, the Spaniards believed that such a brutal race could not be brought into Catholicism and were deemed creatures of the devil.

They were hunted with dogs and swords almost to their extermination.

Of course, its race survives as some of the Spaniards took Mayan wives.

There's a beautiful love story about a Spaniard and a Mayan woman, and if my memory don;t fail me Cortez, Mexico's conquistador, had a Mayan wife

:flop:


I didn't say they abandoned their lands.

I said they abandoned their cities, which they did before the Spaniards arrived.

The Aztecs were still in the height of their civilization when the conquest occurred. The Mayans were basically an agrarian society at that point.

I think you are getting the two cultures confused.
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)


Next

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook