When all else fails...

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 02, 2012 9:42 pm » by Newearthman

What would you do when all else fails?

Is there any reason not to give up besides the ones we imagine in our own head; is there actually a destination?

At what point do we stop trying and just let what ever happens happen?

I'm so tired of people who think that they have some secret metaphysical understanding of life that no one else understands. Often the people who preach the most about their higher understanding actually are the least qualified to understand and diagnose real life issues. Indeed, too many armchair quarterbacks that spend hour and hours reading spiritual teachings and philosophies like to let everyone else know how much spiritual knowledge they have gained and push it on others when they themselves have not even went through the experiences to know themselves. People will read a few inspiring books and then feels like they have all the mental tools to be a leader when in fact it's more like the blind leading the blind. People will take the simplest ideas and make a big equation out of it and lose the idea all together. I like to try and take the simple approach to any problem and I find I'm faced with 10 different people who all have different ideas and all think theirs is the right answer. I don't pretend to have the answer to anything and I certainly don't tell people how to live their lives...I only try to set the example and try new things until I find out what works. I'm not on some metaphysical head trip, I know the state of things, and I want to change things in a practical way...you can sit there and meditate all day but at the end of the day what have you accomplished...Inner peace? :P Sure spend a half hour a day in thought but afterwards go out and actually do something rather than preach your enlightenment to me because I live in the real world, I know myself and I have an open mind.

I'm not ready to give up and I will do whatever I can do to affect the environment around me!

Initiate

PostMon Jul 02, 2012 10:29 pm » by Thor

Newearthman wrote:What would you do when all else fails?

Is there any reason not to give up besides the ones we imagine in our own head; is there actually a destination?

I'm so tired of people who think that they have some secret metaphysical understanding of life that no one else understands. Often the people who preach the most about their higher understanding actually are the least qualified to understand and diagnose real life issues. Indeed, too many armchair quarterbacks that spend hour and hours reading spiritual teachings and philosophies like to let everyone else know how much spiritual knowledge they have gained and push it on others when they themselves have not even went through the experiences to know themselves. People will read a few inspiring books and then feels like they have all the mental tools to be a leader when in fact it's more like the blind leading the blind. People will take the simplest ideas and make a big equation out of it and lose the idea all together. I like to try and take the simple approach to any problem and I find I'm faced with 10 different people who all have different ideas and all think theirs is the right answer. I don't pretend to have the answer to anything and I certainly don't tell people how to live their lives...I only try to set the example and try new things until I find out what works. I'm not on some metaphysical head trip, I know the state of things, and I want to change things in a practical way...you can sit there and meditate all day but at the end of the day what have you accomplished...Inner peace? :P Sure spend a half hour a day in thought but afterwards go out and actually do something rather than preach your enlightenment to me because I live in the real world, I know myself and I have an open mind.

I'm not ready to give up and I will do whatever I can do to affect the environment around me!

The awnsers you seek are the following:

(And no, I'm not trying to ba a smart ass, nor do I claim to be right.)

What would you do when all else fails?

Keep trying!

No, there is no destination (except death), but the one YOU choose. All reasons are more or less imaginary... What ever you believe in, the first thing to do is to convince YOURSELF! Ever wonder why there is proof of everything on the Internet, it's because people convince themselves they are right! Once that is done, it does not matter what others think, since you already have your point of view.

If there was a destination, why aren't you told so (by a higher being).

Never, you may -however- try something else. Choose another direction, see it like this: When you are born, you are sitting on a sphere. It's you choice witch direction you take, but eventualy you reach the same point again, once you reach the same point over and over and conclude you're unhappy. You either keep doing the same thing or decide that it's time for a change,the only point everyone reaches is the end (Death). Thus, you can see how there are plenty of cases of "good" doing "bad" and vice-versa. And of course, the surroundings matter since you can't choose much if you're, for instance, looked in a prision cell.

Hope I helped. Want more? Just reply or PM me.

(It's true: Thor loves philosophy :lol: )

I also hope I made my point.

:cheers:

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 02, 2012 10:50 pm » by Newearthman

Nice reply Man :clapper:

:cheers:

Initiate

PostMon Jul 02, 2012 10:55 pm » by Thor

Thank you very much indeed... :lol:

Initiate

PostMon Jul 02, 2012 10:58 pm » by Thor

Thor wrote:Thank you very much indeed... :lol:

Hope it helped. I know how it is to seek awnsers and find none so... :flop:

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 02, 2012 11:04 pm » by Tuor10

People literally go insane trying to figure out existence, and the meaning of it.

I find solace in books - particularly those of the fantasy variety - because frankly, the current paradigm of existence is fucking boring.

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 02, 2012 11:19 pm » by Newearthman

It sure is at times with moments of shear terror...

Conspirator

PostMon Jul 02, 2012 11:21 pm » by E6722maj

Tuor10 wrote:People literally go insane trying to figure out existence, and the meaning of it.

I find solace in books.

absolutely. agree 1000% :cheers:

whatever

Initiate

PostMon Jul 02, 2012 11:26 pm » by Thor

Tuor10 wrote:People literally go insane trying to figure out existence, and the meaning of it.

I find solace in books - particularly those of the fantasy variety - because frankly, the current paradigm of existence is fucking boring.

Movies, books, cigs and coffee make life acceptable. :mrcool:

Initiate

PostMon Jul 02, 2012 11:31 pm » by Thor

Newearthman wrote:It sure is at times with moments of shear terror...

Yeah... Like trying to explain someone simple stuff and they keep saying "What?"

Or a few weeks back, talking to someone about the fact that I didn't upgrade to Digital TV and hence could not watch TV, something I rarely do anyways. The reply was "HOW DO YOU ENTERTAIN YOURSELF!" :bang;

Felt like grabbing the guy and scream... there's real life out there. Actual things to do idiot :lol:

Next

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook