When rape is a tool of war

Writer
Posts: 17
Joined: Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:25 pm

PostThu Apr 07, 2011 2:19 pm » by Norrnor78


Editor's note: Kelly Askin is senior legal officer for international justice at the human rights organization Open Society Justice Initiative. She is an expert on war crimes against women, served as a legal advisor to the judges of the International Criminal Tribunal for the former Yugoslavia and for Rwanda from 2000-2002 and has also worked on post conflict justice in Congo, East Timor and Sierra Leone.
(CNN) -- The raw courage demonstrated by Eman al-Obeidy in persisting in telling her story of alleged repeated gang rape and torture in Libya is helping to change the dialogue in Libya and the Middle East about the use of sexual violence as a weapon of repression.....follow us http://edition.cnn.com/2011/OPINION/04/ ... tml?hpt=C1

Initiate
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:25 pm

PostThu Apr 07, 2011 4:17 pm » by Ademu


In all fairness this is not a problem unique to libya, or even our current times. Rape has always been used throughout history as means of putting women "in their place". Any fucker who perpetrates that offense on anyone deserves death by repeated public torture. They should just tie them up and let there victims have at them. I have more compassion for cold blooded killers than rapist.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 7317
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:14 am

PostThu Apr 07, 2011 4:18 pm » by 99socks


The more a man's honor is tied to "his" women, the more likely the women are to be raped during war.
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!


http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 404
Joined: Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:54 pm

PostThu Apr 07, 2011 4:26 pm » by Ziggy


99socks wrote:The more a man's honor is tied to "his" women, the more likely the women are to be raped during war.




I agree completely. What better way to show your enemy you have "conquered" all.
:vomit:
"Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water....."

Bob Caron...." Don't be afraid to die....it's beautiful!

I'm getting the fuck out of Dodge!! Edit: I am now safely out of Dodge!

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3733
Joined: Mon Dec 14, 2009 1:32 pm

PostFri Apr 08, 2011 9:28 am » by Illuminated


Restoring Sanity and or Keeping Fear Alive! :wink:

Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 7596
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:34 pm

PostFri Apr 08, 2011 4:14 pm » by Flecktarn


war brings out the worst in humanity ,where man will commit the most barbaric acts all under the notion that its being done for the protection of a country ,and the minority of men commit these act should not be in the military at all but locked up for life as they are a threat to everyone as they have crossed that line and in there minds they think they can do whatever and whenever they want ,,the military screen people in service for psyological signs so they do know who is a high risk chance of offending,,yet overlook the risks for the simple fact that they have men who enjoy killing and will not think twice about pulling the trigger or sticking the knife in ,,all the units i have served with we have never had a single alligation of rape or sexual assult ,but the same can not be said about the amercain units we served alongside off ,,they would often talk about going off to kill a local ,,or im going to do me one of the arab bitches etc ,we were trying to win the locals over and all our work was undone ,,
ImageImage

Initiate
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:25 pm

PostFri Apr 08, 2011 4:59 pm » by Ademu


flecktarn wrote:,but the same can not be said about the amercain units we served alongside off ,,they would often talk about going off to kill a local ,,or im going to do me one of the arab bitches etc ,we were trying to win the locals over and all our work was undone ,,


This reminds me of my time over there with the corps. Throughout the entire operation from the deployment build up to the flights home, we were constantly told that the people of Iraq were animals, less than human beings. This in conjunction with the vast majority that signed up to kill themselves some "ragheads", the constant chest beating and dick measuring contests (figurative), the "Malaria" pills we were forced to take (still no idea what they were, only that they made even the most peaceful of guys in my unit into violent psychopaths) , and the whole "die motherfucker die" culture created an implication of acceptance for even the most heinous of crimes.

Fleck I couldn't even begin to tell you how many times I heard things similar to what you posted above. My squad wasn't quite as bad as most of them since I refused to allow that shit, but there is only so much you can do at a relatively low rank to mitigate these actions. My single greatest regret to this day is that I didn't do more to try and stop this mentality (I was scared of my commands retaliation so I kept my mouth shut :( :( :( )

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 7596
Joined: Thu Apr 23, 2009 10:34 pm

PostSun Apr 10, 2011 1:21 am » by Flecktarn


ademu wrote:
flecktarn wrote:,but the same can not be said about the amercain units we served alongside off ,,they would often talk about going off to kill a local ,,or im going to do me one of the arab bitches etc ,we were trying to win the locals over and all our work was undone ,,


This reminds me of my time over there with the corps. Throughout the entire operation from the deployment build up to the flights home, we were constantly told that the people of Iraq were animals, less than human beings. This in conjunction with the vast majority that signed up to kill themselves some "ragheads", the constant chest beating and dick measuring contests (figurative), the "Malaria" pills we were forced to take (still no idea what they were, only that they made even the most peaceful of guys in my unit into violent psychopaths) , and the whole "die motherfucker die" culture created an implication of acceptance for even the most heinous of crimes.

Fleck I couldn't even begin to tell you how many times I heard things similar to what you posted above. My squad wasn't quite as bad as most of them since I refused to allow that shit, but there is only so much you can do at a relatively low rank to mitigate these actions. My single greatest regret to this day is that I didn't do more to try and stop this mentality (I was scared of my commands retaliation so I kept my mouth shut :( :( :( )

i hear ya bro,,dont get me wrong some amercain units were great to work with and held high values they were true brothers ,they even hated the other units as it gave them a bad name ,, :cheers: :flop:
ImageImage

Initiate
Posts: 450
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 6:25 pm

PostSun Apr 10, 2011 6:32 am » by Ademu


flecktarn wrote:
ademu wrote:
flecktarn wrote:,but the same can not be said about the amercain units we served alongside off ,,they would often talk about going off to kill a local ,,or im going to do me one of the arab bitches etc ,we were trying to win the locals over and all our work was undone ,,


This reminds me of my time over there with the corps. Throughout the entire operation from the deployment build up to the flights home, we were constantly told that the people of Iraq were animals, less than human beings. This in conjunction with the vast majority that signed up to kill themselves some "ragheads", the constant chest beating and dick measuring contests (figurative), the "Malaria" pills we were forced to take (still no idea what they were, only that they made even the most peaceful of guys in my unit into violent psychopaths) , and the whole "die motherfucker die" culture created an implication of acceptance for even the most heinous of crimes.

Fleck I couldn't even begin to tell you how many times I heard things similar to what you posted above. My squad wasn't quite as bad as most of them since I refused to allow that shit, but there is only so much you can do at a relatively low rank to mitigate these actions. My single greatest regret to this day is that I didn't do more to try and stop this mentality (I was scared of my commands retaliation so I kept my mouth shut :( :( :( )

i hear ya bro,,dont get me wrong some amercain units were great to work with and held high values they were true brothers ,they even hated the other units as it gave them a bad name ,, :cheers: :flop:


Thanks Fleck :cheers:

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1540
Joined: Thu Nov 04, 2010 7:18 am
Location: Southern California

PostSun Apr 10, 2011 10:24 am » by SUKHOV


This makes my sadness and contempt for evil throb like no other :dunno:
The True Sons of Liberty are alive and well.
Мое сердце, мой спаситель, да будет свет.
Image


Next

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook