PostThu Dec 22, 2011 3:44 am » by Harbin

Another view:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Antiwar.com

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 22, 2011 4:50 am » by Constabul

Initiate

PostThu Dec 22, 2011 5:04 am » by X-mog

Who is this Will Ferrel? He's hideous. He's got a child like sense of humor which I find disturbing. There's really no reason he should be on the silver screen, or any screen for that matter! He just pops out of nowhere like a new disease congealed from some gutter. It's almost like he's the son of some rich man. Some spoiled brat. harbin and constabul are spamming this thread!

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 22, 2011 5:12 am » by Harbin

truthseeker2k11 wrote:Who is this Will Ferrel? He's hideous. He's got a child like sense of humor which I find disturbing. There's really no reason he should be on the silver screen, or any screen for that matter! He just pops out of nowhere like a new disease congealed from some gutter. It's almost like he's the son of some rich man. Some spoiled brat. harbin and constabul are spamming this thread!

The jews who financed and directed the Will Ferrel movie above, wanted to portray whites and Christians as buffoons. It's what Hollywood does best, because they have a propensity and burning desire to do so.

As for my [fknnewz] post, I did preface it, and hold no position for or against content in said video.
Antiwar.com

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 22, 2011 5:16 am » by Hansom

truthseeker2k11 wrote:Nobody knows the precise date but it has been recorded that it was on or about the day that the constellation of sirius became visible in Bethlehem,which was pecisely, Dec. 25th.

Sorry my friend, sirius is the name of the dog star, or alpha canis majoris.
It is a star not a constellation, it's in the constellation of canis major.
In Lak'ech

May the force be with you, always.

Initiate

PostThu Dec 22, 2011 7:36 am » by X-mog

hansom wrote:
truthseeker2k11 wrote:Nobody knows the precise date but it has been recorded that it was on or about the day that the constellation of sirius became visible in Bethlehem,which was pecisely, Dec. 25th.

Sorry my friend, sirius is the name of the dog star, or alpha canis majoris.
It is a star not a constellation, it's in the constellation of canis major.

The point is, it was that star "sirius" otherwise known as "the bethlehem star" that was the brightest point on the horizon at the time. In those days, stars were like beacons to the people of the old world and that it was the 'reference point' to which we can estimate Christ's birth.

Conspirator
Location: 'Happiness is the angle at which the wise are gathered'

PostThu Dec 22, 2011 7:45 am » by SamueltheLion

harbin wrote:Now.
Right now.
Christ can be born in your heart right now if you truly desire it.

good answer harbin.

"if christ be not risen then all our hopes are in vain"...
so yeah, erm, what does all that mean?

wellllllll...

methinks: christ can be born in you, and thus, you can be born again.

hehehe.

remember: "christ" was born in "yeshua", and "yeshua" was born in "emmanuel": joshua ben joseph. lol

as for constabul: what gives you such authority and certainty it is a plagiarism?
i too have wondered about the myth of Maia in the odysee, she gives birth to hermes, who is a winged messenger.

i did not know about the myth of buddha being born like that.

well, the important thing is: there was a christ like figure, and all myth is written for a reason:
there is personal instruction within it, knowledge, for you to attain, if you so desire
Your faith will make you whole

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 22, 2011 8:00 am » by Constabul

samuelthemule wrote:as for constabul: what gives you such authority and certainty it is a plagiarism?
i too have wondered about the myth of Maia in the odysee, she gives birth to hermes, who is a winged messenger.

i did not know about the myth of buddha being born like that.

well, the important thing is: there was a christ like figure, and all myth is written for a reason:
there is personal instruction within it, knowledge, for you to attain, if you so desire

Just bringing it up.
Not like i'm saying if you're a follower of hermes or Buddhist you're ok with rape murder pedo, or any things like that . :look:
(Nice tie to authority heh)

On a side note, Yeah there are parallels, and some think it is due to basically plagiarism, a little of this a little of that, and poof, the story of baby jesus.

Recycled motifs are common in ancient beliefs ,of a region where trade routes carried the stories.
You can find many similarities with many of the god creation ( the gods themselves) myths.
they are not verbatim, but carry similar structure. Great stuff. Should look into it.

Christianity is basically Buddhism with bit of Judaic beliefs mixed in.
It's all in the end, not about the man but the message, but some cannot separate that and deify.
Last edited by Constabul on Thu Dec 22, 2011 8:13 am, edited 2 times in total.

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 22, 2011 8:05 am » by Truthdefender

By Mike Taylor
Ahh, it is the Christmas season, again. A time of joy about the birth of our Savior, a time of good will toward men, and family getting together to celebrate the birth of Jesus Christ. Many Christians view this time as a most holy time when Jesus Christ was born in a manger, as God in the flesh, and was announced to the world via shepherds tending their flocks in the fields, by night.

Many centuries ago, the Roman Catholic Church in all its religious and dictatorial desire to give honor to the Savior, imposed a set date of December 25th as the date that Jesus was born. I wish to take an historical position, and foremost and more importantly, a biblical position on this most human of traditions that comes in the winter every year of our modern times.

THE BIBLICAL ACCOUNT

Is there anything that we can look to that determines what day exactly, that Jesus Christ was born? No, not exactly. But we can come close to the month and season of His birth from scripture and it wasn’t in December. How do I know? Scripture gives an account based on the birth of John the Baptist and its relationship of Mary being with child. Let’s start with the father of John the Baptist. John, who was the second cousin of Jesus Christ, had as his father a member of the priesthood called by the name, Zacharias. . Zacharias was given the priestly duties before the Lord at set dates in the course of 24 priest that performed their duties at set times of the year. Zacharias duties fell on the course of Abijah, as we find in Luke chapter 1:

1:5 THERE was in the days of Herod, the king of Judaea, a certain priest named Zacharias, of the course of Abia: and his wife was of the daughters of Aaron, and her name was Elisabeth.

1:6 And they were both righteous before God, walking in all the commandments and ordinances of the Lord blameless.

1:7 And they had no child, because that Elisabeth was barren, and they both were now well stricken in years.

1:8 And it came to pass, that while he executed the priest's office before God in the order of his course,

1:9 According to the custom of the priest's office, his lot was to burn incense when he went into the temple of the Lord.

From the time of King David, there were 24 courses of priests assigned to the Temple, and the course of Abijah was the 8th course as a permanent assignment. Each course of priests served for 7 days (1 Chronicles 9:25), twice a year. Their week long service at the Temple began and ended on the Sabbath (2 Chronicles 23:8).

We know from studying scripture and knowing how the course fell that Zacharias was given these duties during the 10 week of the Jewish year, or about Sivan 12-18, which falls on our calendar in the month of May/June.

We can read about the encounter that Zacharias had with the angel Gabriel in the subsequent verses that speak of the proclamation that Zecharias and Elisabeth would have a child and his name was to be John. But to pinpoint the near date of the conception of John the Baptist we look to these verses in that same passage of Luke:

1:23 And it came to pass, that, as soon as the days of his ministration were accomplished, he departed to his own house.

1:24 And after those days his wife Elisabeth conceived, and hid herself five months, saying,

1:25 Thus hath the Lord dealt with me in the days wherein he looked on me, to take away my reproach among men.

So by taking this scripture, we can determine that John the Baptist was conceived in June sometime, and Elisabeth hid herself for 5 months.

How does this relate to the birth of Jesus? We read further down in Luke and we come to the angel now appearing to Mary, the earthly mother of our Savior.

1:26 And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, (emphasis mine)

1:27 To a virgin espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was Mary.

1:28 And the angel came in unto her, and said, Hail, thou that art highly favoured, the Lord is with thee: blessed art thou among women.

1:29 And when she saw him, she was troubled at his saying, and cast in her mind what manner of salutation this should be.

1:30 And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found favour with God.

1:31 And, behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.

Luke makes a pointed effort to show that in the “sixth month” meaning from the time of John the Baptist being conceived, an angel also came to Mary and she became pregnant by the Holy Spirit with Jesus.

1:36 And, behold, thy cousin Elisabeth, she hath also conceived a son in her old age: and this is the sixth month with her, who was called barren.

By taking this biblical account of the conception of John the Baptist, who would be born 9 months later, we find that John was born sometime in the spring, or sometime in March or early April in our calendar, and in the Jewish calendar, the month of Nisan, around Passover time. Simple math allows us to calculate the approximate time of the birth of Jesus by taking the time of Mary coming to Elisabeth who was 6 months pregnant, and Mary having just conceived shows that Jesus would be born 6 months after John’s birth, around the time of the fall, or approximately, during the Feast of Tabernacles celebration in the month of September or early October. Which makes a lot of sense, as the meaning of the Feast of Tabernacles is “God with us.” God came to live amongst us as a living, breathing human being during this time.

There are many more clues that people overlook when they embrace the birth of our Lord. It is noted that the angels came to the shepherds who were tending their flocks in the fields around Bethlehem. We know that the weather there is similar to ours, as it is on the same latitude as we are in the Midwest, so the winter, if it were in December, could be very cold and snowy with no grass growing on the hills. Also, these sheep or lambs were being tended, possibly for the temple sacrifices that would begin in the fall during the Day of Atonement and they wouldn’t risk the death of fragile lambs to cold weather.

Another clue is that Joseph was commanded to go to his place of birth to be counted for taxes by the census of Quirinius, as taxes would be leveled when the farmers had the proceeds from their crops and were full of money. Also, they would naturally gather to celebrate a festival during this time, or the Feast of Tabernacles, so the town was packed with feast observers, hence Mary and Joseph could find no room at the Inn for lodging.

Why is this all important? It was commanded by Jesus to observe His death and resurrection, but no where is there a commandment to observe His birth. Then why do we do it? Simply, it is tradition that was started by the ruling theocracy, or the Roman Catholic Church. Is there anything wrong with observing the birth of Jesus Christ? No, not in itself, as we are joyous and thankful that He did come, as a child and grow into a man, full of grace and truth with one mission, to save the world of its sins. But for some reason, men find no threat coming from a cute little baby lying in a manger, but have a hard time acknowledging the risen Savior who will come back as a ruling and reigning Warrior King with a rod of iron to put down all sin and rebellion found on this earth.

http://www.raptureready.com/soap/taylor56.html
In Christ are hid all the treasures of wisdom and knowledge

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 22, 2011 8:07 am » by Constabul

Speak of the devil (looks up) :mrgreen:

PreviousNext