Where are all the female geniuses. ???

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 12:51 pm » by Toxic32

Svaha wrote:"The most difficult part about the warrior's way is to realize that the world is a feeling. When one is not-doing, one is feeling the world."

~ Journey To Ixtlan, Carlos Castaneda ~

All great male geniuses had their insights through the 'feminine', in dreams/visions or if the thinking stopped for a second.
Still we cling on to the male path, the left brain path, the path of intellect, that's what we've been told to do so.
This path is not natural to women.

A genius is someone embodying exceptional intellectual ability, creativity, or originality, typically to a degree that is associated with the achievement of unprecedented insight.

These attributes are not male or female orientated. But by implication your argument implies that females are less likely to express genius because they are somehow inferior. And why would you claim that dreams and visions are feminine attributes.
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 3:53 pm » by Svaha

Toxic32 wrote:
Svaha wrote:"The most difficult part about the warrior's way is to realize that the world is a feeling. When one is not-doing, one is feeling the world."

All great male geniuses had their insights through the 'feminine', in dreams/visions or if the thinking stopped for a second.
Still we cling on to the male path, the left brain path, the path of intellect, that's what we've been told to do so.

A genius is someone embodying exceptional intellectual ability, creativity, or originality, typically to a degree that is associated with the achievement of unprecedented insight.

These attributes are not male or female orientated. But by implication your argument implies that females are less likely to express genius because they are somehow inferior. And why would you claim that dreams and visions are feminine attributes.

No I'm not implying that women are inferior.

Our society favors / enforces left brain doing (male attributes) to the extreme (not to long ago even writing with the left hand (connected to the right brain) was forbidden)
Male attributes is not as in 'only men have these attributes', but as in 'the bigger part of our attention (both females and males) is in the left brain part.

For women to become succesful they must act like the 'male' society dictates and that's against their nature, they have to deny right brain 'doing'.

I see change, 12-13 years old boys and girls, geniuses that are not or not yet 'formed' by the system, that come up with 'shocking' inventions, indications that 'we' wil return to more balance.
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Writer

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 4:04 pm » by Rachelwordsmith

I'm right here, didn't hide at all. Men do often steel the credit from women.

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 4:21 pm » by Seriouscitizen

Svaha wrote:
Toxic32 wrote:

No I'm not implying that women are inferior.

Our society favors / enforces left brain doing (male attributes) to the extreme (not to long ago even writing with the left hand (connected to the right brain) was forbidden)
Male attributes is not as in 'only men have these attributes', but as in 'the bigger part of our attention (both females and males) is in the left brain part.

For women to become succesful they must act like the 'male' society dictates and that's against their nature, they have to deny right brain 'doing'.

I see change, 12-13 years old boys and girls, geniuses that are not or not yet 'formed' by the system, that come up with 'shocking' inventions, indications that 'we' wil return to more balance.

I was gonna say what Svaha did, but due to male dominant forum culture i waited till he did

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 7:51 pm » by Svaha

:lol:
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 8:37 pm » by Kaarmaa

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=&esrc=s&source=web&cd=1&ved=0CDIQFjAA&url=http%3A%2F%2Fconferences.ionio.gr%2Ficil2012%2Fdownload.php%3Ff%3Dpapers%2F187-gatsou-full_text-en-v001.pdf&ei=TuHAUI2-B4ik4gT7poG4Ag&usg=AFQjCNGtVxjZToKQ23QnRF9r4OZBl4avJw&sig2=dIGUQ71_A7UqZq8bCnXLEw&cad=rja

Ok, this URL looks scary but it's the only link I found to a PDF I downloaded.

The Study of Historical Female Geniuses

during the human history, we had met a lot of other women, with exceptional mind and genius. Despite the fact of their geographical place, their age, their religion they become world famous in many different areas:
Ada Lovelace wrote a scientific paper in 1843 that anticipated the development of computer software artificial intelligence and computer music
Barbara McClintock She was one of the most important figures in the history of genetics; discovered mobile "jumping" genes; won Nobel Prize, 1983
Patricia Billings invented a indestructible and fireproof building material called Geobond
Rachel Fuller Brown and Elizabeth Lee Hazen co-invented Nystatin, the world's first useful antifungal antibiotic
Marie Curie discovered radium and furthered x-ray technology
Gertrude Belle Elion invented the leukaemia-fighting drug 6-mercaptopurine, drugs that facilitated kidney transplants and other drugs for the treatment of cancer and leukaemia
Mary Anderson invented the windshield wiper
Edith Flannigan was the inventor of a petroleum refining method and is considered one of the most inventive chemists of all time
Helen Free was the inventor of the home diabetes test.
How many among us are familiar with the names of Dorothy Crowfoot Hodgkin who used x-rays to find the structural layouts of atoms and to discover the overall molecular shape of over 100 molecules including: penicillin, vitamin B-12, vitamin D and insulin
Erna Schneider Hoover invented the computerized telephone switching system
Stephanie Louise Kwolek invented a material five times stronger than steel called Kevlar
Ann Tsukamoto The co-patenter of a process to isolate the human stem cell
Mary Walton invented several anti-pollution devices during the Industrial Revolution
Barbara McClintock She was one of the most important figures in the history of genetics; discovered mobile "jumping" genes; won Nobel Prize, 1983
Rosalyn Sussman Yalow medical physicist. She developed the radioimmunoassay to measure amounts of biological substances in the body; second woman to win the Nobel Prize in medicine in 1977.

That's just a few of them, American or European for the most. But there are alot more female scientist, artists or philosophers out there, all over the world, that we will never hear about.

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 8:45 pm » by kentrb

in the first vid,the last thing the scientist talks about,is that a woman can fire 100 % of her brain.
im jealous,lol
imo,women are batteries to men and men are capasitors to women.
it should be a perfect balance of things,equal
there is a saying,behind every good man is a good woman.
if it was an equal society,it would say
beside every good man is a good woman
something like that anyways,lol

http://curiosity.discovery.com/question ... fun-videos

at least sex is fun,lol

:cheers:

Conspirator

PostThu Dec 06, 2012 11:27 pm » by Cia212

Rachelwordsmith wrote:I'm right here, didn't hide at all. Men do often steel the credit from women.

Steel? While calling yourself a genius? :lol:

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 2:02 am » by Toxic32

It's all about balance. Isn't nature clever. what females have to offer is as just as important as what males have to offer. That's why we have evolved and succeeded. The problem is expectations? Your roll in life. That's where we start to argue. Most women want to be men. The problem is that what you have is a lot more important to men than can imagine. And we no what we mean (The more feminine you are the more attractive you are) You lose big time if you try to be men. you have no clue of the power you have over men (thank god). That's balance...(thank god)
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 2:30 am » by Kaarmaa

Toxic32 wrote: Most women want to be men.

Really?
I think that women want to be themselfs, unfortunately, we and men are the same species so there can be similarities in our behaviours. But for women, some of those behaviours were judged "inappropriate", so we had to restrein ourselfs and behave "good".
To be honest, I think that all women want to be...Princesses! :mrgreen:

PreviousNext