Where are all the female geniuses. ???

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 12:25 pm » by Toxic32

"To be honest, I think that all women want to be...Princesses!"

Not from where I live....They start off wanting to be princesses! Until they hit around 13. Then bang. I will give you good example. I used to run a chess club and one of the members was a young girl of about 9 years old. She was a natural positional player and was exceptional in her creative play. In fact she was better than most of the boy's and men that played for the club and was good enough to play as a member of the clubs team and travel with her dad to play against other clubs. I was amazed by how good she was. Although when asked why she would make a certain move at a telling point in a game she didn't have a clue. But felt it was the right thing to do. And it was. We had great hopes for her to achieve grandmaster status and become one of the worlds leading proponents in the chess world. I find it strange that only 2% of all people achieving grandmaster status are female. And that they have their own female only championships. This is one game that all players are equal and there is no reason why women shouldn't play on an equal playing field but that's not the case???? Any way back to the point. This young girl turned 13 and still enjoyed playing chess for and at the club. But something happened to her. She was turning into a young women. This process destroyed any logic she expressed through her play and over a short period of time she became just an average player. I understand that in the overall scheme of things playing chess is not important in it's self, but it demonstrated to me that the process of puberty demands a price. :headscratch:
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 3:36 pm » by Poooooot

Toxic32 wrote:"To be honest, I think that all women want to be...Princesses!"

Not from where I live....They start off wanting to be princesses! Until they hit around 13. Then bang. I will give you good example. I used to run a chess club and one of the members was a young girl of about 9 years old. She was a natural positional player and was exceptional in her creative play. In fact she was better than most of the boy's and men that played for the club and was good enough to play as a member of the clubs team and travel with her dad to play against other clubs. I was amazed by how good she was. Although when asked why she would make a certain move at a telling point in a game she didn't have a clue. But felt it was the right thing to do. And it was. We had great hopes for her to achieve grandmaster status and become one of the worlds leading proponents in the chess world. I find it strange that only 2% of all people achieving grandmaster status are female. And that they have their own female only championships. This is one game that all players are equal and there is no reason why women shouldn't play on an equal playing field but that's not the case???? Any way back to the point. This young girl turned 13 and still enjoyed playing chess for and at the club. But something happened to her. She was turning into a young women. This process destroyed any logic she expressed through her play and over a short period of time she became just an average player. I understand that in the overall scheme of things playing chess is not important in it's self, but it demonstrated to me that the process of puberty demands a price. :headscratch:

Off topic of the OP but in regards to your example, puberty does a lot of strange things to a young girl's body and mind. Pair that with peer pressure and external stimuli from "pop culture," and the very impressionable yet extremely intelligent young girl starts to become what she thinks society thinks she should be. It's a very confusing time for young people (boys and girls alike). Puberty does not "destroy ones logic," it just clouds their mind. That was a pretty unfair thing to say, imo.
:peep:
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Super Moderator

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 6:50 pm » by The57ironman

.........here's a female genius.... :owned:

Upload to Disclose.tv

..... If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.......

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 6:55 pm » by Poooooot

The57ironman wrote:.

Upload to Disclose.tv

lol, I love her. :love:
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 7:03 pm » by Opalserpent

The57ironman wrote:.

Upload to Disclose.tv

OMG :vomit:

She may be lovable by some but she is helping labor to destroy our country and sell us out to
foreign interests if Australia was indeed owned by us anyway. Carbon tax and school halls anyone?

I know where all the chinese genius ladies aren't

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/12/0 ... weird-news
Live by the Terror, Die by the Terror.

Initiate

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 8:43 pm » by Domeika

I don't know about all of them, but there is one under my desk right now and she defffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrfffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffcccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffffrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 11:04 pm » by Webcat

Re: Where are all the female geniuses. ???

They are all around you!

Single mums raising their kids, working two jobs, paying the bills and taxes, juggling work and home life, trying to make a happy start for their kids and keep the latest boyfriend around long enough to care.

Doing the most important (and least recognised) job around, raising the next generation to actually care about people and the world we ALL live in.

If that's not "Genius" - then I don't know what is! :flop:

:hugging:

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 11:10 pm » by Toxic32

No that's nature. You'l be telling next that women get married in white so they match the kitchen furniture.........Just a joke. I bought up two children by my self. So don't sound so grumpy about it and I made the decision not to bring a succession of women into their lives until they were at least 10 years old.
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 11:14 pm » by Webcat

Toxic32 wrote:No that's nature. You'l be telling next that women get married in white so they match the kitchen furniture.........Just a joke. I bought up two children by my self. So don't sound so grumpy about it and I made the decision not to bring a succession of women into their lives until they were at least 10 years old.

But isn't 'nature' just genius, only that human's take it all for granted? :think:

I like your decision for the kids, but that must have been hard for stable relationships.

:cheers:

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 07, 2012 11:39 pm » by Zer0

This thread title is an oxymoron.
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

PreviousNext