Where Does It End? WTF???

Super Moderator

PostTue Jun 12, 2012 6:09 pm » by The57ironman

:peep:

Local law enforcement officers fatally shot 54 people last year, nearly 70% more than the year before.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me ... 8432.story

http://projects.latimes.com/homicide/ci ... -shooting/

What's at stake is more than 1 small country, it is a big idea,
a new world order,
where diverse nations are drawn together in a common cause
to achieve the universal aspirations of mankind

it's long on new and it's short on order

Super Moderator

PostWed Jun 13, 2012 3:50 pm » by Seahawk

"Yes, some people "expire" after being tazed." ( Yeah, probably- as we've seen in many videotaped cases- because the officers don't stop after the person is fully incapacitated. They continue, on and on, or there are 3-4 officers tazing at the same time- increasing significantly the voltage the person is exposed to- duh!!!

Published on Jun 13, 2012 by AussieNews1

In the last 10 years at least 500 people in the US have died after being electrically shocked by police firing taser guns.

Officers say the weapon is a valuable tool for subduing suspects.

But cases of tasers being used on children and the elderly have led to allegations of abuse.

Al Jazeera's Rob Reynolds reports from San Jose, California.

Source, credit to Aljazeera- http://www.aljazeera.com/video

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Conspirator

PostWed Jun 13, 2012 4:03 pm » by monica44

I had the misfortune to watch a program about Cooke [i think] county jail, Its in the US anyway, [in from UK}and the scenes of degredation amongst these places is what makes them hell on Earth. I watched as one man was "wheeled" in, restrained limbs, and a mask over the head, it looked medievel, i aslo see that most of the anger in these places are excaserbated by inhumane practices used by the law inforcement officers, they are trained to go in heavy handed. I guess if you treat a human like an animal his carnal instincts are going to kick in as he fights for survival. To my knowledge we have nothing like it here, i guess our prison system is cushy in comparison, here there are remote control TVs in all rooms, and most of the trappings of home, maybe its a bit too soft, but i supposed taking away a persons freedom is punishment enough without having to treat him like an animal with it, that is not the sign of an enlightened society.
We are not human beings on a spiritual journey, we are spiritual beings on a human journey; Stephen Covey.

Conspirator

PostThu Jun 14, 2012 11:29 am » by Iwanci

I guess if you treat a human

i guess our prison system

i supposed taking away

Do you see the flaws in your thinking monica? People like you (and me) do not really know nor understand fully what transpires in these places and what it actually takes to make a hardened criminal listen. Sure, they are not all hardened criminals and yes they are transformed (better or worst) when they go to gaol, but if they didnt commit the crime.. they wouldn't be there.

We have to face another stark reality, most criminals who offend (or even repeatedly offend) know full well that they are committing a crime and that there will be repercussions, yet they chose to take the risk. As per every part of our society, I do believe that some people abuse their power. Sorry I don't have any sympathy for hardened criminals...
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 03, 2012 2:19 am » by Noentry

Iwanci wrote:Hey Noentry, as you know my friend I am a fairly level headed poster.

There is nothing wrong with your statement nor the fact that anyone in this thread has issues with ‘bad cops’. I, personally have had some minor altercations with an overzealous constabulary, however nothing to complain about. I think that whilst we have a judicial system we need to entrust that it is looking out for the rights of the common man. Cases of injustice are common in every level of society and do not have any greater or lesser meaning when it comes to the police.

Sure we all want to see justice served to every member of society who abuses their power or takes advantage of another person, and for this reason we all need to be vigilant and raise these concerns publicly, sometimes the public outcry gets heard... the squeaky wheel gets the most oil.

However, my concern with topics that tend to generalise like this one, is that in all the bravado and with all the good intentions, we invite comment from people who are clearly biased in their views, either way mind you. I know people who have a hatred for police members, and no amount of righteousness nor good deed will ever alter their minds. We just need to present a balanced view of the police force rather than a bash fest which often ensues fuelling already one sided debates.

My bent on this topic is simple. I believe that police are conditioned from the day they enter the force to deal and behave in certain ways, this conditioning changes them, I know this for a fact, and it is a requirement that they are inducted in a certain way, self preservation is drummed into their heads and they are told it is a ‘me or them’ situation ALL the times. It is a war, literally and new members are mad to believe this with good reason. There are cases of kind hearted police officers being assaulted and even killed due to their naivety.
I believe where there are cases of brutality or corruption these cases need to be aired publicly and the lynch mob should ensue, why not? But to denigrate honest members due to the selfish acts of a few rotten people is wrong. The acts depicted in most videos are shown without ANY context. This in itself is wrong. Imagine you see a video of a policeman beating a person, the outrage. Then we hear that the events that led to this point justified the situation (whatever that would be), it paints a different perspective.

I guess all I am saying (in my usual long winded style) is that everything needs to be put into context. Most boys grow up wanting to be policemen, they do this because they have good intent, not because they want to be corrupt or power hungry....we start from there.
:flop:

Yes you are most defiantly level headed and a great poster my friend.
And you are correct police corruption needs to be put into context.
A video does not always give the whole picture that is for sure.
In the context of this post my gripe is not just with the corrupt, it is the protection given to these corrupt few.
I do not blame every copper for corruption, but most police do not attack the crime within their own police force, they in the large part, are part of the problem or more precisely the way they are trained as police. For police to regain their position in society they must as a whole show a united force against the few corrupt.
But this is not the case. And as a result police are not trusted by most.
The problem I have is if a good cooper ignores or protects the bad then confidence in the police will ultimately suffer.
Fighting corruption should be implanted in them like self preservation, to protect the public from these few.
Have you noticed how much bad press get's thrown at internal affairs.
Hollywood makes them out to be an evil section who are more corrupt then the police they are charged with investigating.

Of course some do get found out, most times it is because they have been caught on camera or to many members of the public have seen their actions, How many are informed on by their own colleges, I bet very few.
And let us not forget the hierarchy of the police have lied on many occasions to protect those below them. And what happens, They apologise and the chef of police or someone just below will retire on full pension. This is not how you inspire the public to embrace the force.

The general public is encouraged, bribed even to inform on their friends, neighbors and family.
But if you do this in the police force your career is destroyed. Hypocrisy at its finest.
This in my estimation, is why there is a them and us mentality, between the public and the force.
Until the police get their act together this situation will only get worst.
:cheers:
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostTue Jul 03, 2012 2:58 am » by Eldorado

The57ironman wrote:.

..... i wish there was a way to get the cops out of their stupor...

new-video-of-police-executing-mentally-ill-man-crawling-on-h-t72951.html

This might wake them up a little........

http://www.libertynewsonline.com/article_301_31936.php
“The superior man, when resting in safety, does not forget that danger may come. When in a state of security he does not forget the possibility of ruin.” Confucius (551 BC - 479 BC)

Super Moderator

PostThu Jul 26, 2012 8:10 pm » by Seahawk

Where does it end? Maybe it doesn't. Seems it's all part of the plan.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostFri Aug 03, 2012 7:38 am » by Seahawk

Yep. More and more so. :flop:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostMon Aug 20, 2012 2:54 am » by The57ironman

What's at stake is more than 1 small country, it is a big idea,