Where Does It End? WTF???

Initiate

PostTue May 29, 2012 5:44 pm » by Tonyw

Yes Bravo Hawk :flop:
I am what i am.

War does not determine who is right, War determines who is left. [img]http://i47.tinypic.com/5aro28.gif[/img]

Super Moderator

PostTue May 29, 2012 6:00 pm » by The57ironman

.....you can educate the ignorant...but there's no fk'n helping the stupid.

Conspirator

PostTue May 29, 2012 6:52 pm » by Zegtelzegtel

Cornbread714 wrote:Why is it, for example, in Bulgaria - admittedly one of the most corrupt countries in the EU - that cops and street crime are hardly an issue? And, believe me, people here are desperately trying to make ends meet. Most live on less than $500 a month

I rarely see cops anywhere - and they are generally not needed. I tell female friends who visit or just moved here that, yes, for the most part, it's safe to walk the streets at night.

There aren't many cities in Texas of comparable size that I would say that about, yet there seems to be a cop on every corner there (sitting in their air-conditioned cars, of course - not actually "walking a beat" like they used to do...).

The US has more prisoners per capita than any country in the "free" world.

And Texas - where I come from - has more prisoners per capita than any other state.

When I left Texas I started to realize that this was not so true elsewhere - even in the rest of the US. There are fucking cops everywhere in Texas, but it doesn't feel all that safe to me.

In fact, I fear the cops there more than I do my fellow man.

The cops have the power to completely ruin your life in a few seconds - that's what I consider real power.

I'd rather deal with the "criminals" on my own terms... I don't need your fucking help, coppers.

And hey, when prisons start being built FOR PROFIT, I start thinking WTF? - yes, they have privately-owned prisons in Texas, if you didn't know. And they are building more every day.

Oddly enough, this system seems to PRODUCE real criminals, rather than deter or rehabilitate them.

When I last lived in the US, I found it increasingly difficult to stay on the right side of the law, and not just because I smoke weed.

It was tricky to make enough money to pay rent, car insurance, etc., and it was tempting to begin to think in terms of living outside of the law. There's a real black and white distinction there, with little grey area in between.

And I was well-educated, raised with morals and plenty of food and love. Not everyone is so fortunate.

That's what I like about many of the other countries I have lived in or visited - plenty of latitude.

Anyway, if I have a point, it is this:

Lots of cops doesn't solve anything.

Yesterday I talked with a lady (dutch) and she told me that she lived a couple of years in the US and that she didn't like it because the Government/Federal apparatus was so big and powerful that it was kind of scary...(and I don't think that lady is involved with any criminal activity...).

but the biggest ass hole cops I ever met was the Catalunyan Mossos D'escuadra bastardos... :peep: they love to act like sheriffs there too...
In the Netherlands cops are quite gentle from what I have experienced. And there are really not many compared to fr, so I think you are right on that CB.
:cheers:

Conspirator

PostTue May 29, 2012 7:00 pm » by Perronick

Zegtelzegtel wrote:
Cornbread714 wrote:Why is it, for example, in Bulgaria - admittedly one of the most corrupt countries in the EU - that cops and street crime are hardly an issue? And, believe me, people here are desperately trying to make ends meet. Most live on less than $500 a month

I rarely see cops anywhere - and they are generally not needed. I tell female friends who visit or just moved here that, yes, for the most part, it's safe to walk the streets at night.

There aren't many cities in Texas of comparable size that I would say that about, yet there seems to be a cop on every corner there (sitting in their air-conditioned cars, of course - not actually "walking a beat" like they used to do...).

The US has more prisoners per capita than any country in the "free" world.

And Texas - where I come from - has more prisoners per capita than any other state.

When I left Texas I started to realize that this was not so true elsewhere - even in the rest of the US. There are fucking cops everywhere in Texas, but it doesn't feel all that safe to me.

In fact, I fear the cops there more than I do my fellow man.

The cops have the power to completely ruin your life in a few seconds - that's what I consider real power.

I'd rather deal with the "criminals" on my own terms... I don't need your fucking help, coppers.

And hey, when prisons start being built FOR PROFIT, I start thinking WTF? - yes, they have privately-owned prisons in Texas, if you didn't know. And they are building more every day.

Oddly enough, this system seems to PRODUCE real criminals, rather than deter or rehabilitate them.

When I last lived in the US, I found it increasingly difficult to stay on the right side of the law, and not just because I smoke weed.

It was tricky to make enough money to pay rent, car insurance, etc., and it was tempting to begin to think in terms of living outside of the law. There's a real black and white distinction there, with little grey area in between.

And I was well-educated, raised with morals and plenty of food and love. Not everyone is so fortunate.

That's what I like about many of the other countries I have lived in or visited - plenty of latitude.

Anyway, if I have a point, it is this:

Lots of cops doesn't solve anything.

Yesterday I talked with a lady (dutch) and she told me that she lived a couple of years in the US and that she didn't like it because the Government/Federal apparatus was so big and powerful that it was kind of scary...(and I don't think that lady is involved with any criminal activity...).

but the biggest ass hole cops I ever met was the Catalunyan Mossos D'escuadra bastardos... :peep: they love to act like sheriffs there too...
In the Netherlands cops are quite gentle from what I have experienced. And there are really not many compared to fr, so I think you are right on that CB.
:cheers:

Don't forget the arrogant cabrones of the Guardia Civil. :flop:

Super Moderator

PostTue May 29, 2012 7:06 pm » by The57ironman

....(...thanks leda... :flop: )

Upload to Disclose.tv

.....you can educate the ignorant...but there's no fk'n helping the stupid.

Conspirator

PostTue May 29, 2012 7:27 pm » by Phaeton

How long can we take this without doing something about it???

As long as there are enough ignorant, disorganised [US] citizens
[absent some large, catalyzing event / effect].

And I really dont think the odds will turn in our favor any time soon in that sense.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"

Upload to Disclose.tv

Super Moderator

PostTue May 29, 2012 9:06 pm » by Seahawk

I saw that video, Iron. Although most of what she points out is of real concern, out of hand, and a definitely obvious systemic problem, I, personally, can't justify reaching for a gun.

I do believe that the majority of policemen do the right thing- regardless. For all we know, however, that percentage might be as high, as a not unrealistically 60/40 ratio. We really don't know- publically. The longer it is deemed acceptable- by those in charge issuing soft repercussions, and with the media silence- the more that statistic will change for the worse. "Absolute power....."

There has to be a better way. An intelligent, and legal way. It requires a different type of action then picking up a gun. Imho.

You're probably correct, Phaeton, but I think that at some point, there will be a straw, that will make people get up- off their butts- and do something constructive- and I don't mean cop hunting.

If, on the other hand, we are indeed heading toward a full police state- as reality might indicate- then it is a pointless fight, in and of itself.

That, is a whole different discussion.

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Conspirator

PostTue May 29, 2012 10:00 pm » by Rydher

First off, I did not suggest that anyone rise up and attack the police,or anything close to that. Maybe you should re read what- exactly- I wrote. Actually, my exact words were: "How long can we take this without doing something about it???" If you figure that I suggest violence, in those words, then that is your supposition. The actual thoughts in my head at that moment involved no criminal action what-so-ever- believe it, or not. I owe you nothing, so I don't really care whether you agree with me, or not.

Is that directed at me? If so, my apologies for not giving you my undivided attention as I was speaking with other posters as well. Let me make it clear that I, in no way, thought you were advocating violence. And if anyone else is unsure who I'm talking to. Since it's apparently confusing. I quoted Seahawk here, so I'm only speaking to Seahawk.

Super Moderator

PostTue May 29, 2012 10:32 pm » by Seahawk

Interesting that you choose to respond to the unimportant part of the post.

If I falsely assumed that you referred that comment to me- in particular- then my humble apologies. Up to the point in the thread where you suggested :

"You guys here are no better than the media with this cop bullshit. Fanning the flames of hate and violence."

No one- up to that point- had mentioned anything about violence- other then the violence perpetrated by the policemen. Additionally, I took "you guys" to be inclusive.

So, then, if we do it your way, we just turn our heads from the wrongs, to a very real problem, and pretend that it doesn't exist? Look the other way? Is that what you suggest?

What about when it's you, who is a victim?

Upload to Disclose.tv

We gather knowledge faster than we gather wisdom. - William Bell

Conspirator

PostTue May 29, 2012 10:52 pm » by Rydher

Seahawk100 wrote:If I falsely assumed that you referred that comment to me- in particular- then my humble apologies. Up to the point in the thread where you suggested :

"You guys here are no better than the media with this cop bullshit. Fanning the flames of hate and violence."

That part was referring to you and everyone else that posts every video they can find of a cop doing anything even remotely wrong, regardless of investigating the actual circumstances behind it or even knowing the whole story. But it in no way indicates you wanting to cause violence. None the less, that's the reaction produced from a constant attack on those enforcing the law and the constant march of trying to get the public to distrust them - treating them as the enemy.

So, then, if we do it your way, we just turn our heads from the wrongs, to a very real problem, and pretend that it doesn't exist? Look the other way? Is that what you suggest?

What about when it's you, who is a victim?

Eh? If you see a cop or know of a cop not acting in a legal manner, then you turn them in. Just like you would with any other criminal. You probably shouldn't go to their agency/precinct, go to someone else. Follow up, don't just report it then go on with your life.

If it's me a victim of what? Police mistreatment? Then I'll handle it the best I can. The same way I'd handle any criminal committing acts of violence against me. The constant attempt to separate the humanity from police officers is wrong. The constant drum beat of us Vs. them is not productive to solving anything by hate and violence. And, like before, you may not be advocating violence. That's the sound this drum beat produces.

PreviousNext

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook