Where Does It End? WTF???

Writer

PostWed May 30, 2012 9:38 pm » by The Morning Star

*The Henderson police sergeant caught on video repeatedly kicking a man in the head during a traffic stop in 2010 will not be charged criminally for his actions, newly appointed Clark County District Attorney Steve Wolfson said Monday.

Wolfson said that although he and other attorneys in his office seriously considered charging Henderson police Sgt. Brett Seekatz, who is at the center of the controversial video, too much time has passed since the incident was recorded Oct. 29, 2010.*

This is an example of why (some) cops keep doing what there doing..There shouldn't be a time limit of when they can get charged. If you uphold the law, you should also abide by it. No exception of the rule. I saw a previous poster say that "they have the power to ruin your life in an instant". I agree, but they let there own get away unless its something dramatic like a he shoots woman in the face or it becomes a public relations issue.

Conspirator

PostWed May 30, 2012 9:44 pm » by Rydher

Seahawk100 wrote:Where did you find individually stated opinions- regarding abortion and euthanasia- from enough members on this forum to formulate enough of a statistic to count it as a "general stance?"

Where is the evidence that supports that estimation?

OK enough. Stop being a dumb ass. I let the whole 'exaggerating doesn't help my opinion' or what ever it is you said slide. You know full well the difference between exaggerating and hyperbole when applied to having a discussion. You did it yourself in this thread.

Secondly, you aren't new here. Go look up any thread about abortion and euthanasia and look at what the overwhelming replies are. There is my evidence. But in all sincerity, you don't have to go look up any threads on the subject. You know full well what the majority here think on the two subjects. So stop playing Mr. Political and be real.

So the bad cop gets more protection than the civilian then. Even by the civilians.

Not at all, the bad cop isn't getting any more protection from me. It's about protecting myself, not him. Because law enforcement officers are granted authority and responsibility to do things civilians can't.

Conspirator

PostWed May 30, 2012 10:01 pm » by Mushroom

So the bad cop gets more protection than the civilian then. Even by the civilians.

Not at all, the bad cop isn't getting any more protection from me. It's about protecting myself, not him. Because law enforcement officers are granted authority and responsibility to do things civilians can't.

If we act instantaneously to help the cop, but delay our actions to help the civilian... then that is granting more protection to the law authorities.. even though we are trying to protect ourselves. Did you know that you can get imprisioned for filming police brutality.. even if it is to aid your defense.

Also, because of the extended liberties afforded to our police officers and the ability to do things that civilians can't... do you think they should be punished more for commiting crime or do you think that they should be exonerated because of the uniform they wear? or time-lapse of offence?

Conspirator

PostWed May 30, 2012 10:08 pm » by Rydher

Punished more? It really depends on what you mean by that. Justice has a sliding scale of punishment. Meaning two people can commit the same crime but 1 person get say, 1 year and the 2nd person gets 5 years. People of authority who abuse the power lent to them should be punishment closer to the maximum side of that scale.

Time-lapse of offense? I don't know what you mean but if your referring to statute of limitations. Yes.

Super Moderator

PostWed May 30, 2012 10:20 pm » by The57ironman

.......how is it you get away with insults to the mods...?

..... If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.......

Conspirator

PostWed May 30, 2012 10:28 pm » by Rydher

Conspirator

PostWed May 30, 2012 10:29 pm » by Mushroom

Yes, I was referring to the Statute of Limitations.

Does this mean that you agree with police officers being exonerated from beating a diabetes sufferer and breaking his ribs because the evidence didn't surface for 18 months after the event?
Would you feel safe knowing he still has his job and level of authority that he had when he committed the original crime, or does that sicken you... even slightly?

Conspirator

PostWed May 30, 2012 10:31 pm » by Mushroom

The57ironman wrote:.

.......how is it you get away with insults to the mods...?

Who is this comment directed at... It's hard to tell!

Super Moderator

PostWed May 30, 2012 10:32 pm » by The57ironman

rydher wrote:... its pathetic ....Your tactics are stale and transparent. Because I said that it's pathetic PATHETIC.

..... If you can't be kind, at least have the decency to be vague.......

Conspirator

PostWed May 30, 2012 10:37 pm » by Rydher

Mushroom wrote:Yes, I was referring to the Statute of Limitations.

Does this mean that you agree with police officers being exonerated from beating a diabetes sufferer and breaking his ribs because the evidence didn't surface for 18 months after the event?

Doesn't matter if I agree with it. There are a lot of laws I don't agree with. It may not be right but if that's past the statue of limitation for that crime. Then that's the law. Change it, if it's not right.

Would you feel safe knowing he still has his job and level of authority that he had when he committed the original crime, or does that sicken you... even slightly?

Moot point. My safety isn't solely determined on police officers or by 1 person. Like I said above, if the statue of limitations has experienced on the crime, then there isn't anything you can do. You have to look at why there is a statue of limitations to begin with.

PreviousNext

Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook