Where Is The Compassion Fellow Humans?

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 11, 2013 1:00 am » by Doogle

People that are cruel to children are often said to begin their path of nastiness by being cruel to animals.

A friend recently told me that the NSPCC (UK - National Society for the Prevention of Child Cruelty) works closely with the RSPCA (UK - Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) because the evidence suggests that in cases where there has been a report of animal cruelty in a household with children, then there is a worry about the children being a follow on target.

My point is this. If we are to grow as a species and be compassionate towards one and other and to end pointless suffering, how can we move on given the link between animal cruelty and child cruelty? And if that is a starting point, how can we expect to see a planet-wide respect and concern for fellow human welfare?
We accept animal suffering daily - the intensive farming industry - caged chickens, cows and all sorts. It is a gross dereliction of our duty as a supposed humane society to turn a blind eye to the crap that passes as modern society for the sake of a quick and easy meal.

So, if cruelty to people often starts with cruelty to animals, then what chance of ending human suffering given our nanchelant, flippant attitude to the BS on our doorsteps?

Rant over.
Cruelty-free beer opened.

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 11, 2013 1:58 am » by RATRODROB

Doogle wrote:People that are cruel to children are often said to begin their path of nastiness by being cruel to animals.

A friend recently told me that the NSPCC (UK - National Society for the Prevention of Child Cruelty) works closely with the RSPCA (UK - Royal Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals) because the evidence suggests that in cases where there has been a report of animal cruelty in a household with children, then there is a worry about the children being a follow on target.

My point is this. If we are to grow as a species and be compassionate towards one and other and to end pointless suffering, how can we move on given the link between animal cruelty and child cruelty? And if that is a starting point, how can we expect to see a planet-wide respect and concern for fellow human welfare?
We accept animal suffering daily - the intensive farming industry - caged chickens, cows and all sorts. It is a gross dereliction of our duty as a supposed humane society to turn a blind eye to the crap that passes as modern society for the sake of a quick and easy meal.

So, if cruelty to people often starts with cruelty to animals, then what chance of ending human suffering given our nanchelant, flippant attitude to the BS on our doorsteps?

Rant over.
Cruelty-free beer opened.

good point DOOGLE,
we do tend to see past the huge amount of suffering animals are subjected to, whether its the cruelty and inhumane suffering and conditions animals endure befor ending up on the dinner table or if its random acts of violence inflicted on animals for the pleasure of some sick fck.

but we do 'as a community' look after our children way better than animals destined for the dinner table.

some times it may not seem like we care to much and its over whelming at times when we hear about child abuse, and I KNOW it happens a lot, no argument there my friend, but way more animals than children are subjected to cruelty on a daily basis.

The problem with child abuse in our communities isn't that people don't care or try to stop it, its how the fck do you stop it legally, going through the police and courts and other legal avenues is a fckn joke.

people CARE but unless they take matters into their own hands and get to the offenders them selves, it is a long drawn out process to get justice, and put a stop to child abuse, by going through the legal quagmire of BS.

its more the SYSTEM that prevents a quick and thorough positive outcome for victims of child abuse.

and I see what you are saying about violence and attacks on children can sometimes first start on animals,
and on a large scale of preventing cruelty to animals destined for our dinner table, well I dont buy cage chooks or eggs to eat, only free range, and I suppose if everyone did that and paid alittle more it would be a good outcome for chooks.

I dont agree with live cattle exports as I cant see how that could ever be made comfortable for sheep or cattle, but I dont know how to prevent that.

I think people mostly really do CARE but its so hard to really make a difference, if all we had to do were stand up and say stop, then whole populations would do just that, but we all know that its the PTB and big companies preventing it from being easy, modern family's are to busy with regular living to give any real commitment on a large scale to put an end to these problems, big company's require a big effort and big money to combat them in the friggan courts.

as for animal abuse in homes, if you are caught here in Australia you will be punished, but I don't know if our system understands the relationship of animal cruelty crossing over to child abuse in society, and its a great point that you make, and if animal cruelty offenders are somehow identified and perhaps put on a list like sex offenders, maybe it would help the authorities to monitor their goings on and may just prevent a child being attacked in the future.

this all just came out as I thought about your post, hope I made a little sense and didn't seem to knee jerky in my reply. :flop:

RRR
The more people i meet, the more i like my dog