Which is the right religion for you?

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 12:12 am » by Spock

harbin wrote:I have just formed a new religion.
It is called, kill this threadism.

Here at, "Kill this Thread", we are dedicated to killing this fucking annoying ass thread. For all eternity.
Donation accepted of course. New members need only inquire with me for admittance into the Kill This Thread Commuity.

This new religion of yours can be the antithesis of the religion Cornbread started where we worship the little dots of light that float around when our eyes are closed.

BRILLIANT!

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 12:13 am » by Hackjames

harbin wrote:I have just formed a new religion.
It is called, kill this threadism.

Here at, "Kill this Thread", we are dedicated to killing this fucking annoying ass thread. For all eternity.
Donation accepted of course. New members need only inquire with me for admittance into the Kill This Thread Commuity.

Will there be snacks?
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 12:15 am » by Hackjames

spock wrote: the little dots of light that float around when our eyes are closed.

Is there a name for that phenomenon?
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 12:17 am » by Spock

hackjames wrote:Sure, but what about the other kinds? Also, there's the notion that all those who are selfish are actually affiliated with satan, which is unsubstantiated at best.

I get the point, it's just not concrete enough for that most holy of symbols.

The religion itself is built on the tenant of self. Simple as that. Selfism, selfishness, get what you can regardless.

There are ethics involved, but these vary from person to person according to how low they will allow themselves to stoop to gain what they desire.

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"

BTW - The lights, I call them floaters - but there is a name for them, forget what it is.

Master Conspirator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 12:21 am » by Lowsix

Entoptics and Phosphenes
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 12:24 am » by Hackjames

spock wrote:The religion itself is built on the tenant of self. Simple as that. Selfism, selfishness, get what you can regardless.

There are ethics involved, but these vary from person to person according to how low they will allow themselves to stoop to gain what they desire.

"Do what thou wilt shall be the whole of the law"

BTW - The lights, I call them floaters - but there is a name for them, forget what it is.

I'm with you on the whole "do what thou wilt" concept and background, I just wasn't aware that particular brand of intentionally obscured satanic worship had asserted itself so fully over the other permutations present throughout history, claiming exclusive rights to the title. One could argue that the Egyptians worshiped satan.

I'm just being contentious now, so sorry about that. Is there a consensus on what causes the floaters?
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 12:26 am » by Hackjames

lowsix wrote:Entoptics and Phosphenes

Thank you, interesting.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 12:30 am » by Spock

hackjames wrote:I'm with you on the whole "do what thou wilt" concept and background, I just wasn't aware that particular brand of intentionally obscured satanic worship had asserted itself so fully over the other permutations present throughout history, claiming exclusive rights to the title. One could argue that the Egyptians worshiped satan.

I'm just being contentious now, so sorry about that.

Well sure, I understand, but this Satanism is a religion based on the self; here is LaVey's own words...
Anton Szandor LaVey wrote:Our religion is the only one, I think, in complete accordance with human nature. It is based on indulgence. Instead of commanding our members to repress their natural urges, we teach that they should follow them. This includes physical lusts, the desire for revenge, the drive for material possessions.

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 12:43 am » by Hackjames

spock wrote:Well sure, I understand, but this Satanism is a religion based on the self; here is LaVey's own words...
Anton Szandor LaVey wrote:Our religion is the only one, I think, in complete accordance with human nature. It is based on indulgence. Instead of commanding our members to repress their natural urges, we teach that they should follow them. This includes physical lusts, the desire for revenge, the drive for material possessions.

Then might we modify the original equation? :]

LaVey Satanism = Primal Selfishness
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Initiate

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 12:46 am » by Sentientseed

Finally took this for the hell of it.

You Scored as Satanism

Satanism
90%
Buddhism
75%
Agnosticism
65%
Hinduism
65%
Paganism
60%
Christianity
50%
Islam
50%
Confucianism
45%
Atheism
45%
Haruhism
45%
Judaism
30%

It also said something bout earth based religion for me.
Some of the questions were double questions that for me conflicted so I left them in the middle. Such as....people should dress modestly and do charity. If it this was by itself...I would have been in 100 percent agreement. I firmly believe in the latter and could care less how people dress. If they wanna run around naked...so be it. I don't associate body modesty as a moral value in any way I can think of. Clothing is meant for protection of the elements and things in one's environment to me...although I do realize it can be used to portray certain intents. I also figure it depends on who is the onlooker. Take Pandora's Box for example. Curiosity and anticipation can be greater for some when one doesn't know what lies in the packaging. Kid's and Christmas presents come to mind as well. Just depends I suppose. There were a few compounded questions in the quiz.

I think as far as the Satanism goes...meh.
I know there are different forms of such. I personally believe their description of such is more Luciferian really of which I can't deny as leaning in. But again...my interpretation of such will be a far cry from some Christian interpretations of such.

I for some reason or another thought that Hinduism would be a bit higher as well as paganism.

Actually shocked to see Judaism as the lowest....especially since I am a Freemason. But I don't guess I should be shocked since I have such strong negative issues with the Old Testament when taken at face value and strongly disagreed with the Moses question.

Course I figure now the Masonic/Satanic connection many correlate will now have ample opportunity to add fuel to the fire.

I do believe in a supreme being. I do not believe this to be some so called Satan nor do I believe it to be the God described by man in the Old Testament. I believe the universe to be a conscious and a continual creation of such consciousness that pervades down into the smallest and up into the greatest expanses infinitely and believe that within such...most all lines of thought could be a possibility in an infinite sea of possibilities. At least most of the time anyway. :)
"There is more than just one answer to these questions pointing me in a crooked line. The less I seek my source for some definite...the closer I am to fine!"~Indigo girls

PreviousNext