Which is the right religion for you?

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 12:50 am » by Spock

hackjames wrote:
spock wrote:Well sure, I understand, but this Satanism is a religion based on the self; here is LaVey's own words...
Anton Szandor LaVey wrote:Our religion is the only one, I think, in complete accordance with human nature. It is based on indulgence. Instead of commanding our members to repress their natural urges, we teach that they should follow them. This includes physical lusts, the desire for revenge, the drive for material possessions.

Then might we modify the original equation? :]

LaVey Satanism = Primal Selfishness

What's the point of killing ants with a sledge hammer?

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 1:02 am » by Hackjames

sentientseed wrote:I am a Freemason

What exactly does that entail, practically speaking.
This is your world. You're the creator.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 1:05 am » by Hackjames

spock wrote:What's the point of killing ants with a sledge hammer?

I am aware of no reason to kill ants with sledge hammers. As for the statement, clarity would be my reasoning, though I'm not too invested in the outcome.
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Initiate

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 1:12 am » by Samael

Honestly, I believe you can do no wrong. Nothing you can ever say or do will have any effect on this physical plane in the long run. This is merely a joy ride, or a lesson to be learned. Something to be cherished or hated. Something to be experienced or denied. Something, and while I believe there is more, certainly it is without a doubt not less. To each his own, down to every last atom. And this belief is satanism in the christian view. Definitively, but selfish it is not. Just because one can believe in a do no wrong type of view, does not mean that they cannot deem something right that may be in accordance to others view of right. And by no means does this belief prevent me from doing said right things, in complete altruism. Satanism is not selfishness, but self-determinism.
A Poison of, or A Remedy for
The end never justify the means.
eliakim wrote:In the top right hand corner where my Spirit unicorn used to appear

eliakim wrote: Abba spoke and he said he would cut off the penis of Islam.

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 1:17 am » by Richc

Not really suprised with mine... Acurate for me i think.. :flop:

RIK

Paganism
90%
Buddhism
80%
Satanism
75%
Confucianism
70%
Atheism
60%
Haruhism
60%
Agnosticism
55%
Hinduism
55%
Islam
30%
Judaism
20%
Christianity
15%
"Theres A Storm Coming!"

Initiate

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 1:22 am » by Sentientseed

Practically speaking....according to most...Making good men better.

The tenants of practical Freemasonry are ...Brotherly Love, Relief, and Truth.

One is encouraged into the endeavors of such as well as Knowledge in what they/we/it calls the seven liberal arts and sciences as follows...

1. Grammar
2. Rhetoric
3. Logic
4. Arithmetic
5. Geometry
6. Music
7. Astronomy

"Add to your knowledge

Never subtract from the character of your neighbor

Multiple your benevolence to your fellow creatures

& Divide your means with those in need."
"There is more than just one answer to these questions pointing me in a crooked line. The less I seek my source for some definite...the closer I am to fine!"~Indigo girls

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 1:31 am » by Hackjames

sentientseed wrote:

Practically speaking....according to most...Making good men better.

The tenants of practical Freemasonry are ...Brotherly Love, Relief, and Truth.

One is encouraged into the endeavors of such as well as Knowledge in what they/we/it calls the seven liberal arts and sciences as follows...

1. Grammar
2. Rhetoric
3. Logic
4. Arithmetic
5. Geometry
6. Music
7. Astronomy

"Add to your knowledge

Never subtract from the character of your neighbor

Multiple your benevolence to your fellow creatures

& Divide your means with those in need."

How is membership decided? Are there official activities in which you've participated?
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Initiate

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 1:55 am » by Sentientseed

How is membership decided? Are there official activities in which you've participated?

To be a Mason....ask one. Kinda goes along with the "ask ye shall receive, seek ye shall find, knock and it shall be opened unto you."

Most lodges do not go around recruiting. I can't say none do because I don't know every lodge on this planet and they all operate of their own accord.

Once one desires to be a Mason and asks a Mason about such...one will be given a petition to fill out.

One must be endorsed by 3 masons within the lodge they are petitioning to join. Then once the petition is filled out and endorsed....it is taken to the lodge. There the petitioner is voted in or out. The voting process may consist of talking about the persons character usually which the 3 who endorsed the petition will vouch for. Then there is the vote....which is a secret ballot. No one knows who votes yeah or neigh. If there is a neigh at all...they are not allowed in. This is where the term being blackballed comes from. The voting process in a Masonic Lodge....or so it is said anyway. They are welcome to petition the lodge again at some point or other I believe...or they can go to a different lodge and petition there as well I believe.

*edit*

I forgot to mention...there will be a committee formed in the lodge before voting who will come to the petitioners home and sorta interview them and get their family's opinion (if available) on the request of the petitioner to join.

*end edit*

One must believe in a Supreme Being to be voted into a lodge and to be a Mason. It is a requirement.

Are there official activities in which you've participated?

Depends on what you mean by official. Voting is official....so yes I have participated. Anything documented in the minutes is official.
"There is more than just one answer to these questions pointing me in a crooked line. The less I seek my source for some definite...the closer I am to fine!"~Indigo girls

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 2:09 am » by Hackjames

@sentientseed

Have you found that there are benefits to being a mason? If so, could you describe them?

I feel secrecy in large organizations is a distasteful practice, are any of the activities you've been asked to be a part of dependent on your willingness to keep secrets?
-Bob Motherfucking Ross

Super Moderator

PostSun Apr 24, 2011 2:18 am » by Spock

hackjames wrote:@sentientseed

Have you found that there are benefits to being a mason? If so, could you describe them?

I feel secrecy in large organizations is a distasteful practice, are any of the activities you've been asked to be a part of dependent on your willingness to keep secrets?

Why do you feel secrecy in large organizations is a distasteful practice? Could you explain that? Is there no reason for corporate secrecy?
If you owned a business, would you make a practice of your inner workings being everyone's business? Honestly? And if yes, have you ever run a department, much less an entire company?

Exhaustively Explain, Please.

PreviousNext