White House Press Corps rebel over access block to Obama

Master Conspirator

PostFri Nov 22, 2013 7:43 pm » by Boondox681

seriously,this is too much.
i don't hate anyone.but obama may force me to reconsider my values.
i don't know what sickens me more..
this fuckin POS that has usurped the presidency,or the POS who back and support him.
this shit is real.i'm done making jokes.

this 'charge' is led by none other than Chuck Todd.

In a clear sign that they have had enough, the White House Press Corps have rebelled against top US officials for deliberately blocking access to President Barack Obama, accusing the administration of trying to substitute “photojournalism with visual press releases.”

The White House Correspondents Association (WHCA) and more than 40 other media groups in a letter sent to the White House Press Secretary Jay Carney on Thursday protested the restriction on photographers from some White House events, declaring the practice contradicts the administration’s pledges of transparency.

White House officials under Obama have in the past banned photographers from covering the president at certain “private” events but have often released photographs of the same events by the White House photographer Pete Souza or videos of those events by their own in-house news and public relations operatives.

“Journalists are routinely being denied the right to photograph or videotape the president while he is performing his official duties,” the WHCA said in a letter to press secretary Jay Carney. The letter was also signed by the American Society of Newspaper Editors, the White House News Photographers Association and numerous other media outlets and organizations.

"As surely as if they were placing a hand over a journalist's camera lens, officials in this administration are blocking the public from having an independent view of important functions of the Executive Branch of government. You are, in effect, replacing independent photojournalism with visual press releases," the letter told Carney, calling the practice a "troubling break from tradition."

For long the White House photographers have been upset over the activities of Pete Souza who has distributed hundreds of candid shots of Obama and other officials in meetings and settings from which the press is barred. According to AFP, the photographs then find its way on to Flickr feed, Instagram and Twitter where Souza has nearly a lakh followers.

The letter listed seven recent instances where photographers were denied access to events of immense “public interest” and instead were issued “official” photographs. The events include a meeting between Obama and co-chairs of the US-China Strategic and Economic dialogue in July, talks the same month between Obama and Vice President and Middle East peace negotiators.

Obama’s meeting with members of Congressional Hispanic Caucus, his meeting with Hillary Clinton and an event where the whole Obama family met Pakistani human rights activist Malala Yousafzai on Oct.11, a person “of great public interest.”

In conclusion the letter said the signatories “strongly believe that imposing limits on press access, as your office has done, represents a troubling precedent with a direct and adverse impact on the public’s ability to independently monitor and see what its government is doing,” adding, it considers this a very serious matter and urged Carney to provide suitable access for independent photojournalists to all public governmental events in which Obama participates.

According to AFP, White House reporters have in private rued that official administration pictures unfailingly portray Obama in a flattering light, and lack the authenticity of independent news coverage. Meanwhile, there has been no immediate response from the White House on the matter

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-ne ... k-to-obama

i am honestly at a loss for words.all i do know is i'm fuckin' pissed.
it's not what he does,IT'S WHAT HE DOESN'T DO.
either way it ALL leads to one thing.
unaccountability

one other thing.did you hear that obama has ALLOWED the insurance companies an extenion next year?
1 month,to help readjust everything.1 month????
oh,by the way that pushes the final date for the insurance rate change data etc...to just AFTER the november '14 elections.
there is much more out there on both these issues...please do your own research so you can feel comfortable giving out this important info.

key word,no matter what,has been the same under this president-ALLOWED

WHAT A FUCKIN PUSSY

:cheers:
"I wish i was there when the horse was stole,but I reckon I'll see the tracks when I get there"
-Abraham Lincoln

Initiate

PostFri Nov 22, 2013 8:14 pm » by Domeika

Boondox681 wrote:seriously,this is too much.
i don't hate anyone.but obama may force me to reconsider my values.
i don't know what sickens me more..
this fuckin POS that has usurped the presidency,or the POS who back and support him.
this shit is real.i'm done making jokes.

this 'charge' is led by none other than Chuck Todd.

In a clear sign that they have had enough, the White House Press Corps have rebelled against top US officials for deliberately blocking access to President Barack Obama, accusing the administration of trying to substitute “photojournalism with visual press releases.”

The White House Correspondents Association (WHCA) and more than 40 other media groups in a letter sent to the White House Press Secretary Jay Carney on Thursday protested the restriction on photographers from some White House events, declaring the practice contradicts the administration’s pledges of transparency.

White House officials under Obama have in the past banned photographers from covering the president at certain “private” events but have often released photographs of the same events by the White House photographer Pete Souza or videos of those events by their own in-house news and public relations operatives.

“Journalists are routinely being denied the right to photograph or videotape the president while he is performing his official duties,” the WHCA said in a letter to press secretary Jay Carney. The letter was also signed by the American Society of Newspaper Editors, the White House News Photographers Association and numerous other media outlets and organizations.

"As surely as if they were placing a hand over a journalist's camera lens, officials in this administration are blocking the public from having an independent view of important functions of the Executive Branch of government. You are, in effect, replacing independent photojournalism with visual press releases," the letter told Carney, calling the practice a "troubling break from tradition."

For long the White House photographers have been upset over the activities of Pete Souza who has distributed hundreds of candid shots of Obama and other officials in meetings and settings from which the press is barred. According to AFP, the photographs then find its way on to Flickr feed, Instagram and Twitter where Souza has nearly a lakh followers.

The letter listed seven recent instances where photographers were denied access to events of immense “public interest” and instead were issued “official” photographs. The events include a meeting between Obama and co-chairs of the US-China Strategic and Economic dialogue in July, talks the same month between Obama and Vice President and Middle East peace negotiators.

Obama’s meeting with members of Congressional Hispanic Caucus, his meeting with Hillary Clinton and an event where the whole Obama family met Pakistani human rights activist Malala Yousafzai on Oct.11, a person “of great public interest.”

In conclusion the letter said the signatories “strongly believe that imposing limits on press access, as your office has done, represents a troubling precedent with a direct and adverse impact on the public’s ability to independently monitor and see what its government is doing,” adding, it considers this a very serious matter and urged Carney to provide suitable access for independent photojournalists to all public governmental events in which Obama participates.

According to AFP, White House reporters have in private rued that official administration pictures unfailingly portray Obama in a flattering light, and lack the authenticity of independent news coverage. Meanwhile, there has been no immediate response from the White House on the matter

http://www.allvoices.com/contributed-ne ... k-to-obama

i am honestly at a loss for words.all i do know is i'm fuckin' pissed.
it's not what he does,IT'S WHAT HE DOESN'T DO.
either way it ALL leads to one thing.
unaccountability

one other thing.did you hear that obama has ALLOWED the insurance companies an extenion next year?
1 month,to help readjust everything.1 month????
oh,by the way that pushes the final date for the insurance rate change data etc...to just AFTER the november '14 elections.
there is much more out there on both these issues...please do your own research so you can feel comfortable giving out this important info.

key word,no matter what,has been the same under this president-ALLOWED

WHAT A FUCKIN PUSSY

:cheers:

If Bozo wiped his ass with it and sent it back they'd applaud his use of recycling....what a ship of tools....