White man, I apologize.

Initiate

PostSun Aug 14, 2011 10:44 pm » by Baboogdi

I think to fully understand Farrakhan you need to listen to many of his speeches. It is true that he is not shy about accusations. However, Farrakhan has long told African-Americans to take control of their destiny themselves and stop waiting for reparations from anybody. This is good advice for anybody. You must take all of what he says in context.

Master Conspirator

PostSun Aug 14, 2011 10:55 pm » by Cornbread714

baboogdi wrote:I think to fully understand Farrakhan you need to listen to many of his speeches. It is true that he is not shy about accusations. However, Farrakhan has long told African-Americans to take control of their destiny themselves and stop waiting for reparations from anybody. This is good advice for anybody. You must take all of what he says in context.

I have a certain respect for the Black Muslim faith. I had even more respect for Malcolm X and where he eventually stood on race relations, etc.

I am one of those, though, who think Elijah Muhammed was a hypocrite and I also tend to believe that our buddy Louis had a hand in Malcolm's untimely demise.

No, I don't trust Louis Farrakhan and I think he has misguided a lot of black people. I'm not saying he doesn't say certain things that are true, i.e., that black people should take control of their own destiny, but that doesn't make him an honorable person, necessarily.

A lot of people mix truth with dangerous lies. Ever read some of the excerpts from Hitler's speeches?
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Initiate

PostSun Aug 14, 2011 11:06 pm » by Baboogdi

Your comments are well-taken. I don't know Farrakhan and he may have skeletons in the closet. In society today when people talk of jews or christians or muslims I don't think they refer to the average member of those sects. They address leaders or movers-and-shakers in whichever group they refer to. Fiery rhetoric is an attempt to mobilize the opinion of the average members to exert pressure upward. I think when we listen to Farrakhan or any representative you have to listen with a critical ear. There is no single person who is telling the whole truth and there probably will never be. I think that Farrakhan addresses wrongs committed against many people. His persecution of those he accuses is helpful but he does emphasize those differences which have always separated people. There are many groups in the world who are guilty of wrongdoing. Those that hide behind Judaism are one of several. All should be dragged into the light and their wrongdoing exposed.

Initiate

PostSun Aug 14, 2011 11:12 pm » by Hanuman

Master Conspirator

PostSun Aug 14, 2011 11:17 pm » by Cornbread714

baboogdi wrote:Your comments are well-taken. I don't know Farrakhan and he may have skeletons in the closet. In society today when people talk of jews or christians or muslims I don't think they refer to the average member of those sects. They address leaders or movers-and-shakers in whichever group they refer to. Fiery rhetoric is an attempt to mobilize the opinion of the average members to exert pressure upward. I think when we listen to Farrakhan or any representative you have to listen with a critical ear. There is no single person who is telling the whole truth and there probably will never be. I think that Farrakhan addresses wrongs committed against many people. His persecution of those he accuses is helpful but he does emphasize those differences which have always separated people. There are many groups in the world who are guilty of wrongdoing. Those that hide behind Judaism are one of several. All should be dragged into the light and their wrongdoing exposed.

Those are all good points and well-taken.

I don't see you posting thread after thread of attacks on Jews, though. If you read Harbin's original post in light of the attached video the message seems to be "Oh, I used to hate white people, but not anymore - now I hate Jews...".

Just for the record, I am not Jewish, so I'm not taking this personally. Or more to the point, I take it personally as a member of the whole human race.

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 14, 2011 11:18 pm » by Zer0

Lets play a game! Its called ... "Spot the fallacies of logic within a thread to prove this site is full of morons" , only once fallacy per poster is allowed....

Lets begin.

tuor10 wrote:Muslims were the biggest slavers.
Why don't silly bollox mention that?
Fucking hypocrite.

Two wrong make a right:
Logical fallacy in which a person "justifies" an action against a person by asserting that the person would do the same thing to him/her, when the action is not necessary to prevent B from doing X to A.

cornbread714 wrote:Either you're a provocateur, for whatever nefarious reasons, or you truly are just a small-minded bigot.

False Alternatives:
Logical fallacy occurring when the number of alternatives is said to be fewer than the actual number. Common examples of this fallacy are statements containing either/or, nothing/but, all-or-nothing elements.

h2burn wrote:Oh....this was sarcasm? So there is no money coming my way?

Loaded Question:
Question that carries an assumption, and is worded in such a way so that the respondent who answers the question directly admits to accepting that assumption.

harbin wrote:Anything he says

Being alive:
This fallacy of logic is committed when the person is alive for no good reason, and their sole purpose for living is to be assholes and post retarded threads.

:lol:
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Master Conspirator

PostSun Aug 14, 2011 11:27 pm » by Cornbread714

Lol, Oto... :alien51:

Looks like some of that edumacation is actually sinking in to your hard head.

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 14, 2011 11:27 pm » by Harbin

@ otoel

:D
You are harshing my mellow !
Antiwar.com

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 14, 2011 11:29 pm » by Tuor10

otoel wrote:Lets play a game! Its called ... "Spot the fallacies of logic within a thread to prove this site is full of morons" , only once fallacy per poster is allowed....

Lets begin.

tuor10 wrote:Muslims were the biggest slavers.
Why don't silly bollox mention that?
Fucking hypocrite.

Two wrong make a right:
Logical fallacy in which a person "justifies" an action against a person by asserting that the person would do the same thing to him/her, when the action is not necessary to prevent B from doing X to A.

cornbread714 wrote:Either you're a provocateur, for whatever nefarious reasons, or you truly are just a small-minded bigot.

False Alternatives:
Logical fallacy occurring when the number of alternatives is said to be fewer than the actual number. Common examples of this fallacy are statements containing either/or, nothing/but, all-or-nothing elements.

h2burn wrote:Oh....this was sarcasm? So there is no money coming my way?

Loaded Question:
Question that carries an assumption, and is worded in such a way so that the respondent who answers the question directly admits to accepting that assumption.

harbin wrote:Anything he says

Being alive:
This fallacy of logic is committed when the person is alive for no good reason, and their sole purpose for living is to be assholes and post retarded threads.

:lol:

The above coming from the biggest fallacy of them all lol
You do irony well.

Fact: Muslims were taking slaves from Africa a long time before whitey came along.
There is no way of putting a logical interpretation on said fact. It happened, regardless of subsequent events involving European's.
Africans themselves were massively involved in the slave trade.
These are facts that cannot be disputed. No amount of deep logical thought can spin a yarn to disprove it.
This is why most great thinkers go fucking mad: they over complicate every human endeavour to come to some definitive end, when in reality, it is how it is.

Initiate

PostSun Aug 14, 2011 11:46 pm » by Baboogdi

cornbread714 wrote:
baboogdi wrote:Your comments are well-taken. I don't know Farrakhan and he may have skeletons in the closet. In society today when people talk of jews or christians or muslims I don't think they refer to the average member of those sects. They address leaders or movers-and-shakers in whichever group they refer to. Fiery rhetoric is an attempt to mobilize the opinion of the average members to exert pressure upward. I think when we listen to Farrakhan or any representative you have to listen with a critical ear. There is no single person who is telling the whole truth and there probably will never be. I think that Farrakhan addresses wrongs committed against many people. His persecution of those he accuses is helpful but he does emphasize those differences which have always separated people. There are many groups in the world who are guilty of wrongdoing. Those that hide behind Judaism are one of several. All should be dragged into the light and their wrongdoing exposed.

Those are all good points and well-taken.

I don't see you posting thread after thread of attacks on Jews, though. If you read Harbin's original post in light of the attached video the message seems to be "Oh, I used to hate white people, but not anymore - now I hate Jews...".

Just for the record, I am not Jewish, so I'm not taking this personally. Or more to the point, I take it personally as a member of the whole human race.

I'm not a member of any persecuted group other than the middle-class.
I can see how the video could be misinterpreted or used to inflame. This is a common problem that we must overcome. Religions are, by their nature, devisive. If people realize that there is only one source then a lot of the hatred could be short-circuited. I see that awakening starting to happen but there is a long way to go. I have nothing against any sect but there are sects that have been used as wedges to divide large groups of humanity. That has to stop. It requires further evolution which I think is occurring also. I know from personal experience if you want to talk to your god, sit in a quiet, dimly lit room and start talking. God will answer.

PreviousNext