Who cares??

Initiate

PostSat Jan 09, 2010 9:14 am » by Undaunted

apathy
1. Lack of interest or concern, especially regarding matters of general importance or appeal; indifference.
2. Freedom from, or insensibility to, suffering; hence, freedom from or insensibility to passion or feeling; passionless existence.

From 1847, Lewes Historical Philosophy, “Apathy was considered by the Stoics as the highest condition of Humanity.”
3. Indolence of mind, indifference to what is calculated to move the feelings, or to excite interest or action.
indifference
1. Lack of interest or concern.
2. Unimportant; of little or no concern.
So the question is......Who cares?
Enjoy the ride...

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 09, 2010 9:34 am » by Aragajag

I can say I care about alot of things but when it comes to the crunch I am apathetic about most things, I have got off my arse a few times in life to go out and be counted but really most of us a A-pathetic in terms of changing things we dont like. In truth I come to this sight for my own pleasure it doesnt benefit my friends or those around me not that they care what my thoughts are.
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

Initiate

PostSat Jan 09, 2010 9:38 am » by Undaunted

I'll drink to that :cheers:
Enjoy the ride...

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 09, 2010 12:27 pm » by Newearthman

I don't care! I always carey around my mind the idea of how large the universe is (billions of galixys with billions of stars) and how old the universe is (13.8 billion years old) and I think to myself...What does anything really matter?...And I respond: nothing really matters but that doesn't mean I can stop living and I still affect what goes on around me so I still have moderate responsiblities weither I like it or not...I know it sucks but you have to deal with what you have and what is put infront of you, no matter what the situation around you is!

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 09, 2010 1:03 pm » by Ogmios

When you think about it, apathy is a real threat to the current system of representative democracy which is practised by most countries. I'm not really sure whether this is a good or a bad thing. On the one hand, the system could be forced to listen more to the proposed electorate and change for the better; on the other, however, there could possibly be a further distancing between the people and the political establisment which could lead - and perhaps is already leading - to a much more autocratic form of government. Only time will tell. Sadly, I see the latter as the more likely progression. That is, of course, unless we become less a/pathetic and get involved and really make our voices heard.
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

Initiate

PostSat Jan 09, 2010 4:37 pm » by Terrac1de512

Apathy in my opinion goes hand in hand with Arrogance.
Definition of arrogance:

Webster definition: an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions

Wiki definition: The act or habit of arrogating, or making undue claims in an overbearing manner; that species of pride which consists in exorbitant claims of rank, dignity, estimation, or power, or which exalts the worth or importance of the person to an undue degree; proud contempt of others; lordliness; haughtiness; self-assumption; presumption. Closely related to the act of arrogating.

If you know all, you dont have to care about anything, so you become apathetic, right?
Simple minds talk about each other Average minds talk about events And Great minds talk about ideas -- Elanor Roosavelt

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 09, 2010 4:49 pm » by Aragajag

terrac1de512 wrote:Apathy in my opinion goes hand in hand with Arrogance.
Definition of arrogance:

Webster definition: an attitude of superiority manifested in an overbearing manner or in presumptuous claims or assumptions

Wiki definition: The act or habit of arrogating, or making undue claims in an overbearing manner; that species of pride which consists in exorbitant claims of rank, dignity, estimation, or power, or which exalts the worth or importance of the person to an undue degree; proud contempt of others; lordliness; haughtiness; self-assumption; presumption. Closely related to the act of arrogating.

If you know all, you dont have to care about anything, so you become apathetic, right?

Coupled with ignorance we have a big problem.
ignorance
noun
1. lack of education, stupidity, foolishness, blindness, illiteracy, benightedness, unenlightenment, unintelligence, mental darkness In my ignorance, I had never heard of R and B music.
lack of education understanding, knowledge, intelligence, wisdom, insight, enlightenment, comprehension
2. (with of) unawareness of, inexperience of, unfamiliarity with, innocence of, unconsciousness of, greenness about, oblivion about, nescience of (literary) a complete ignorance of non-European history
'Gee, I wish we had one of them Doomsday Machines, Stainsey..' General "Buck" Turgidson

Initiate

PostSat Jan 09, 2010 5:02 pm » by Terrac1de512

aragajag wrote:
terrac1de512 wrote:Apathy in my opinion goes hand in hand with Arrogance.
Definition of arrogance:

Coupled with ignorance we have a big problem.
ignorance
noun
1. lack of education, stupidity, foolishness, blindness, illiteracy, benightedness, unenlightenment, unintelligence, mental darkness In my ignorance, I had never heard of R and B music.
lack of education understanding, knowledge, intelligence, wisdom, insight, enlightenment, comprehension
2. (with of) unawareness of, inexperience of, unfamiliarity with, innocence of, unconsciousness of, greenness about, oblivion about, nescience of (literary) a complete ignorance of non-European history

:clapper: :clapper: :clapper:
Simple minds talk about each other Average minds talk about events And Great minds talk about ideas -- Elanor Roosavelt

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 09, 2010 6:18 pm » by Realorfake

this thread... is the epitome of the word apathy.........................
How many times must you honk your horn and say fuck you?
Now what the fuck does that do?
You feel better now, I didnt let you pass.
How bout I stop my car and beat your fuckin' ass?

Initiate

PostSat Jan 09, 2010 6:29 pm » by Govtslave

Britain doesn't care about UFO reports? Not likely. Most likely is that they don't need them anymore. Why do you need reports of UFO's when their occupants are standing right in front of you? :bang; :think:

Next