Who or what were the people that created the Nazca lines

Initiate

PostThu Feb 11, 2010 5:29 am » by Bayonetta

And why. They are not the only geoglyphs that exist but some of the most famous. Who were these people and why did they create these lines. David Johnsons theory made sense implying that the people whom created these lines did so to mark the source of water.
http://people.umass.edu/proulx/Nasca_Lines_Project.html
Starting in 1996 I collaborated with David Johnson, a teacher, videographer and independent scholar from Poughkeepsie, New York, on a project linking the famous Nasca Lines or geoglyphs with sources of subterranean water. Dave and I met by accident in the Nasca Valley when I was doing preliminary research for my 1998 archaeological survey of the lower drainage.

In 1995, while visiting Nasca as a tourist, Johnson became aware of the scarcity of water in the region and the effect that this had on agricultural production and the quality of life. A self-taught dowser, he convinced many individuals in the town of Nasca of his ability to locate subterranean water. In 1995 he was asked to return the following year to locate additional water sources for the community. During the summer of 1996 when he returned, he began to study the ancient wells or puquios in the region and became aware of a correlation of these water resources with nearby archaeological sites.

In 1996, when I arrived in Nasca and discovered that the vehicle I had rented in Lima was unsuitable to reach remote areas of the drainage, the local Catholic priest, Father David Ritter, with whom Johnson was staying, offered me the use of his ancient Volkswagen. Johnson eagerly agreed to serve as the driver, and we spent six days intensively exploring many parts of the drainage. I introduced him to the archaeology of the region and how the sites can be dated from the study of the architecture, surface pottery and other artifacts. One of the characteristic features of the Nasca Culture, that dominated the drainage from 100 B.C. to 650 A.D., was the famous "Nasca Lines."

The Nasca Lines or geoglyphs have been the focus of debate for over 70 years. These ground drawings consist of giant geometric forms (triangles, trapezoids, parallel lines) as well as biomorphs (birds, plants, and mammals) etched into the surface of the desert of southern Peru, especially in the drainage of the Rio Grande de Nasca. The geoglyphs were constructed by clearing the surface of small stones darkened by desert varnish, exposing the lighter soil beneath. Some of the geoglyphs are over a kilometer in extent and are located in all parts of the drainage, although many are concentrated on the Pampa de San Jose. The majority of the lines can be dated to the Nasca Culture, although some may be later. Many theories have been proposed to explain the function of the lines, but none of these connected the geoglyphs to subsurface water flow and to structural geology and hydrology.

But i've been looking for information on Maria Rieker. A germa woman that implied that these lines lined up with star constalations. I've not been successful. Can anyone here help me with that. They're quite facinating.

These people who created these lines are extinct now which leaves the trail a little dead and left only to the hypothisis of individuals intrested in such a amazing culture. Were they the decendants of one of the advance civilizations that are lost to history?
times up...choose the eternal wisely

Master Conspirator

PostThu Feb 11, 2010 5:36 am » by Lowsix

Thats a hugely intersting hypothesis..
Have you seen it discussed a water markers anywhere else?

Id never heard that angle, but it sounds entirely plauzible.

Those have had me hooked for years too..
Somewhat for the reason that when ive seen images from on the ground, you can hardly tell there are even lines..the marking stones and piles are so small you wouldnt think it would tranlate so cleanly from the air.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 11, 2010 5:38 am » by sockpuppet

I think there is more to it than that. The animals which appear in the Nazca lines are the same ones that are popping up in crop circles.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo

Initiate

PostThu Feb 11, 2010 5:50 am » by Bayonetta

LowSix wrote:Thats a hugely intersting hypothesis..
Have you seen it discussed a water markers anywhere else?

Id never heard that angle, but it sounds entirely plauzible.

Those have had me hooked for years too..
Somewhat for the reason that when ive seen images from on the ground, you can hardly tell there are even lines..the marking stones and piles are so small you wouldnt think it would tranlate so cleanly from the air.

No. It all started when i was searching 'geography games for kids' and saw 'geoglyphs' in the search list. Silly me, but i get side tracted like that easy. Anyway read and read and ended up there. Called my friend Sammy to ask about it because he knows things and he mentioned something about a german woman named Maria Rieker or something like that i think, but i can't find anything on her. Maybe i got it spelt wrong or something. The water angle makes sense to me but i'm always intrested in, let's just say, more exotic explinations. I guess that's why i'm here. I want to know more about these people, if that's who made them ofcourse.

Initiate

PostThu Feb 11, 2010 5:58 am » by Bahb3

Initiate

PostThu Feb 11, 2010 6:12 am » by Bayonetta

Dammit!!!!
Thankyou!!!

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 11, 2010 6:14 am » by Kingz

http://www.disclose.tv/members/action/p ... r_Anomaly/

What are these strange lines on the oceanfloor?
The Map Is Not The Territory, The Word Is Not The Object....

Initiate

PostThu Feb 11, 2010 6:45 am » by Babyshaker

sockpuppet wrote:I think there is more to it than that. The animals which appear in the Nazca lines are the same ones that are popping up in crop circles.

Please, share your resources on this subject
There is nothing right on the left side of my brain and nothing left on the right
-