Who would you want to inherit the Earth after we blow our up

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 23, 2013 2:09 am » by Toxic32

For me I would like to point out three possibilities. I would like to nominate three life forms that hits my button. Markets. Familiarly orientated. But step over the line and you will have your hands full. Dolphins...Who wouldn't love these manuals. Elephants. need I say more. But these are only my choice. I love ants and bees. Lets get real we are great. But we are destined to destroy our selves. Petty nothingness has taken over our life. What a pity so much potential. Must try harder next time. For us there is no next time. When i look at the suicide bombers that blow them selves up all I see is young disillusioned individuals killing themselves. Where the fuck are all the old bastards like me in the front line. We have had our life. But these young people have not........... Another time
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Initiate

PostWed Oct 23, 2013 2:20 am » by Ishumble

I like flowers and trees any type fragrant flower,and redwood and oak trees. I like starfish,and manates. Lions, apes,and horses. I like dogs and cats too :D

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 23, 2013 2:26 am » by Temps13

This planet & it's evolutionary destiny belongs to Almas,agogwyes,Yetis,Sasquatches & other hominids that have been forced into the most inhospitable regions of the planet..where humans can't live but only live on the edges of..
When they had off world genes added & became human hybrids,an evolutionary dead end..the resulting species was an evolutionary dead end with no destiny..
Give the planet back to them :flop:
If you wondering what the f*cks he on about then..ok..gorillas
Last edited by Temps13 on Wed Oct 23, 2013 2:28 am, edited 2 times in total.
Image Image
IRMENSUL13

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 23, 2013 2:27 am » by Toxic32

Ishumble wrote:I like flowers and trees any type fragrant flower,and redwood and oak trees. I like starfish,and manates. Lions, apes,and horses. I like dogs and cats too :D

That's great that you have such a diverse spread of life. But which one and there can only be one at the end of the day would you want to be dominant over all the rest?
I question everything. I don't believe anything I'm told or anything I see. Prove it, or fuck off. And that's not me I see in the mirror in the morning.

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 23, 2013 11:26 am » by Elnorel

You overestimate our abilities man.

Even if we detonate every nuclear device a man has produced, release every toxin under the sun, it would not come close to a meteor strike that wiped out the dinosaurs.

Sure it would be radioactive for some thousands of years etc. But what is that in the grand scope of things for earth?
Nothing a few volcano eruptions can't fix.

We would be gone, Earth would re-establish itself as a liveable habitat and many Alien races that are in the neighbourhood would repopulate the ecosystem.

Troublesome and bothersome maybe (for different Alien cultures around), but nothing in the Earths and solar systems timescale of things.

Earth would go on like nothing happened.
Billions of years of its existance this would be but a drop, a little bump scarcely remembered.
SKEPTIC - One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.
And tries to prove these assertions/claims with scientific facts.

Initiate

PostWed Oct 23, 2013 11:27 am » by Flipper

I would leave it to a race of aliens that have an IQ higher than a fcking door knob, that either don't have there heads buried up there asses or buried in the sand and spend most of there lives going fcking baa baa. :yell:

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 23, 2013 1:02 pm » by Akashicrebel

I'll be happy with any option, as long as its not panda bears. I'll prefer to let humans RULL again, but not panda bears. call me a racist, I don't care.

but it will be mistake to not let women's RULL, before we decide to blow it up.
A real success can be achieved only if you help everybody else to fail.
........................................Image

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 23, 2013 1:29 pm » by Toxic32

Akashicrebel wrote:I'll be happy with any option, as long as its not panda bears. I'll prefer to let humans RULL again, but not panda bears. call me a racist, I don't care.

Only one problem with women running things. Have you seen their track record. You must be joking.

Margaret Thatcher

Started the Falklands war over a country they didn't legally own, and also treated her own troops like cannon fodder. Contributed heavily to the Cold War (where each side was building up nuclear weapons and armies to kill each other out of fear, but no war happened). Contributed to the eventual destabilisation of the USSR. Ordered atrocities of murder in Northern Ireland. Supported many dictators who crushed human rights (like Pinochet's Chilean regime). Ordered civilians on a peaceful strike in Northern England to be killed by mounted police.

Her programs, known as "Thatcherism," also produced high unemployment (which nearly tripled in her first two terms), high interest rates and increased class differentiation, as well as growth of the underclass. She was a racist who disliked Blacks and Indians.

Squandered multi billions of pounds, from the North Sea oil, in military projects, instead of putting it back into the nation for development. Britain had a chance to have modern industries developed taking Britain to the forefront of technology, like Japan is, but she squandered it! Ruined the mining and steel industries (closed them down), and refused to redevelop the areas affected but instead let them rot into crime and poverty. Removed trade union rights.

Caused many public strikes over her authoritarian reforms and pay cuts. Privatised many British services, making a few people very rich, and making the services suffer greatly and still become more expensive. Privitising can NEVER work in a monopoly, it always leads to greater prices and worse service, because the people running it profit out of this. Privatisation can only work with strong competition, because people then have choice. (Quote: "Allowing private companies to run essential non-competitive public services is like putting Dracula in charge of the blood bank.")

Encouraged small businesses, and such businesses need loans. After encouraging them she raised interest rates so high many went out of business. Involved in corruption by giving her son hundreds of thousands of pounds, meant to be used by a government scheme.

Obsessed with money, having the "fat cat" mentality that is now plaguing the West. More of a business woman who just happened to find politics a good way to get rich. In an interview, she said the only song she liked was "How much is that doggy in the window", because she thought it had something to do with inflation! (Truly, it sounds bizarre but this was in an interview with a music magazine). Publicly said that any working man over the age of 25 that doesn't have a car to get to work could be considered a failure. So much for the environment, eh??

Caused a general revolt over the "poll tax", that lead to the Tory party being weakened and losing power. In fact they piloted the poll tax in Scotland and it was a dismal failiure, Scotland became totally anti-conservative. So she decided to bring the poll tax to England, too! The Poll Tax was the end of her career. Many people refused to pay, there were marches against it, at the election she lost power, all because of the Poll Tax.

One of Britain's most unpopular Prime ministers. Liked by some only because she is a woman.

Indira Ghandi

As prime minster in 1971, Indira Gandhi led India in a war against neighbouring Pakistan which resulted in the creations of Bangladesh, formerly East Pakistan. Her role in the war was only one of her controversial actions. She is remembered most for her campaign against Sikh separatists.

In 1973, Delhi and north India were rocked by demonstrations angry at high inflation, the poor state of the economy, rampant corruption, and poor standards of living. And in 1975, she annexed the Himalayan kingdom of Sikkim. In June of that year, the High Court of Allahabad found her guilty of using illegal practices during the last election campaign, and ordered her to vacate her seat. There were demands for her resignation.

Mrs. Gandhi's response was to declare a state of emergency, under which her political foes were imprisoned, constitutional rights abrogated, and the press placed under strict censorship. Meanwhile, the eldest of her two sons, Sanjay Gandhi, started to run the country as though it were his personal fiefdom, and earned the fierce hatred of many whom his policies had victimized. He ordered the removal of slum dwellings, and in an attempt to curb India's growing population, initiated a highly resented program of forced sterilization.

In early 1977, confident that she had debilitated her opposition, Mrs. Gandhi called for fresh elections, and found herself trounced by a newly formed coalition of political parties. Her Congress party lost badly at the polls, but three years later, she was to return as Prime Minister of India a second time.

In the second, post-Emergency, period of her Prime Ministership, Indira Gandhi was preoccupied by efforts to resolve the political problems in the state of [BANNED]. She brought a general named "Jarnail Singh Bindranwale" to power, letting him occupy the holiest Sikh shrine in Amritsar, called the Golden Temple, with armed soldiers who shot many innocent people. However, her general rebelled against her and challenged her, she had created a monster. In her attempt to crush the secessionist movement of Sikh militants, led by Jarnail Singh Bindranwale, she ordered an assault upon the Golden Temple. It was here that Bindranwale and his armed supporters had holed up, and it was from the Golden Temple that they waged their campaign of terrorism not merely against the government, but against moderate Sikhs and Hindus. "Operation Bluestar", waged in June 1984, led to the death of Bindranwale, and the Golden Temple was stripped clean of Sikh terrorists; however, the Golden Temple was severely damaged, blood was spilt on the holy place for the first time in history, and Mrs. Gandhi earned the undying hatred of Sikhs who bitterly resented the desecration of their sacred space. The attack killed an estimated 450 people, and left a legacy of bitterness.

Nuclear bombs were developed during her reign, and then exploded and tested.

Five months later, Indira Gandhi was shot dead by her Sikh bodyguards in revenge. That incident was followed by attacks on Sikh communities in Delhi and elsewhere in India, in which several thousand people are believed to have died.

Catherine the great

Waged two successful wars against the Ottoman Empire. Invaded Lithuania too. During this time, Catherine was able to expand the Russian borders. Catherine II's reign was notable for imperial expansion, which brought the empire huge new territories in the south and west, and for internal consolidation. Following a war that broke out with the Ottoman Empire in 1768, the parties agreed to the Treaty of Kuchuk-Kainarji in 1774. By that treaty, Russia acquired an outlet to the Black Sea, and the Crimean Tatars were made independent of the Ottomans. In 1783 Catherine annexed Crimea, helping to spark the next war with the Ottoman Empire, which began in 1787. By the Treaty of Jassy in 1792, Russia expanded southward to the Dnestr River. The terms of the treaty fell far short of the goals of Catherine's reputed "Greek project"--the expulsion of the Ottomans from Europe and the renewal of a Byzantine Empire under Russian control. The Ottoman Empire no longer was a serious threat to Russia, however, and was forced to tolerate an increasing Russian influence over the Balkans.

This time Russia obtained most of Belorussia and Ukraine west of the Dnepr River. The 1793 partition led to an anti-Russian and anti-Prussian uprising in Poland, which ended with the third partition in 1795. The result was that Poland was wiped off the map, Russia had taken it's lands as it's own.

In 1788, Russia declares war on Sweden. This sharp little engagement lasts for 2 years.

The fate of the Ukrainians and Belorussians, who were primarily serfs, changed little at first under Russian rule. Roman Catholic Poles resented their loss of independence, however, and proved to be difficult to integrate. Russia had barred Jews from the empire in 1742 and viewed them as an alien population. A decree of January 3, 1792, formally initiated the Pale of Settlement, which permitted Jews to live only in the western part of the empire, thereby setting the stage for anti-Jewish discrimination in later periods (see Other Religions, ch. 4). At the same time, Russia abolished the autonomy of Ukraine east of the Dnepr, the Baltic republics, and various Cossack areas. With her emphasis on a uniformly administered empire, Catherine presaged the policy of Russification that later tsars and their successors would practice.

During the 1768-74 war with the Ottoman Empire, Russia experienced a major social upheaval, the Pugachev Uprising. In 1773 a Don Cossack, Emel'yan Pugachev, announced that he was Peter III. Other Cossacks, various Turkic tribes that felt the impingement of the Russian centralizing state, and industrial workers in the Ural Mountains, as well as peasants hoping to escape serfdom, all joined in the rebellion. Russia's preoccupation with the war enabled Pugachev to take control of a part of the Volga area, but the regular army crushed the rebellion in 1774.

Then, on the domestic front, although espousing liberal thinkers like Voltaire, she ignored the poor and increased the scale and depth of the autocracy. Under Catherine's rule, the government attitude towards serfs witnessed a major deterioration. The squires were given a free-hand to squeeze the peasantry as never before. In addition to this, inequality between the rich and poor increased. Catherine's era has been dubbed the 'golden age of the Russian nobility.' Never before had the Russian upper class been so privileged, so economically advantaged and so handsomely rewarded for doing so little. In exchange, they abdicated nearly all political pretensions (thus, strengthening Catherine's own power).

Bloody Mary

Queen Mary was the first woman to be crowned Queen of England in her own right. Her reign was brief and troubled. Her marriage to Prince Philip of Spain provoked Parliamentary dissent and armed rebellion; the Spanish alliance later drew England into a disastrous war with France, ending with the loss of Calais - England's last French territory. Her religious intolerance is legendary. In 37 years Henry VIII had killed 90 heretics, Catholic and Protestant, burned at the stake; in four years Mary burned nearly 300 Protestants. Victims included blind men, pregnant women and Thomas Cranmer, Henry's Archbishop of Canterbury, who recanted his Protestantism seven times but reaffirmed it before his execution. The repression created a Protestant resistance which grew more resolute as the burnings continued. Protestants increasingly looked forward to the accession of Princess Elizabeth.

She dealt equally harshly with the Irish. She confiscated lands belonging to the O'Moores and the O'Connors in counties Laois and Offaly, renaming them Queen's County and King's County in honour of herself and her husband. The dispossessed chieftains waged a guerrilla war against the English settlements. Under the pretext of holding a peace conference with them, the English invited the O'Moores and the O'Connors to Mullaghmast where they had them and their families treacherously murdered.

Several of England's leading Protestant bishops were tortured and burned at the stake as heretics, including John Hooper, Nicholas Ridley, and Hugh Latimer. Even Thomas Cranmer, who had been Archbishop of Canterbury under Henry and Edward, was burned at the stake as a heretic. Over three hundred Protestants died in the Marian persecutions, and eight hundred more fled to Germany and Switzerland.

Mary died, childless, in 1558; she was 42. She had caused civil war. She had long lost the popular support which monarchs now needed. Granted a longer reign and an heir, she might have succeeded in integrating England into the Catholic Church and a Catholic empire; more probably, she would have made the country ungovernable.

Tz'u-hsi

(also spelled Hsiao-Ch'in or Hsien Huang-Huo or Cixi, also known as the Dowager Princess)

Was a one of Hsien-feng (Xianfeng)'s whores. Had his only son. Her master died and she became a regent for the boy. She had her son killed the before he became of age, then violated the normal succession and had her three year old nephew named the new heir. Soon after that she was made the ruler of China, when her nephew's mother died.

Tzu-Hsi lived in extravagance; she squandered money on banquets, jewels, and other luxuries. She used funds earmarked for the navy to build herself a lavish summer palace. (The lack of military funds contributed to China's defeat in the 1894 Sino-Japanese war.) At the end of her life, her personal jewellery vault held 3,000 ebony boxes of jewels, and she was buried in diamonds.

She commanded the violently anti-foreign secret society "The Boxers" to attack foreign legations in Peking; this siege lasted eight weeks. In return, a mixed foreign force of 19,000 troops battered its way in and captured Peking. Peking was looted, many Chinese people were tortured, raped and killed. Tzu-Hsi fled to Sian. Before fleeing, Tzu-Hsi summoned the emperor's concubines and told them to stay behind. One of them begged to be allowed to accompany the emperor. "Throw this despicable minion down the well!" She ordered the guards. The order was carried-out.

Worked with the military and conservative forces to stage a coup and take power again as active regent, confining her own nephew to his palace. Later as she on her death bed, though old age, she had her nephew poisoned to death.

Golda Meir

Zionist. Contributed to the illegal settling and occupation of Palestine. She saw no need to seek compromise with the Palestinians so long as Israel was secure. Her rigid nationalism and blinkered view of the Arabs led her to say once: "There are no Palestinians."

As Prime Minister, Meir took a hard line toward the Arab world, refusing to stop expansion of settlements in the occupied territories. She refused to give back the lands Israel had stolen though war. She also tried to occupy the Sinai and Golan Heights, but the moderates in her party prevented her.

Elizabeth I

Elizabeth gave Queen Mary of the Scots refuge, then immediately betrayed her and kept her prisoner for nearly 19 years, then murdered her (with no intervening freedom!).

Encouraged raiding of Spanish ships during peacetime, by pirates. Took a share of the pirate's profit. Caused a long war going on for over a decade with Spain.

By lending unofficial aid to French Huguenots she managed for some time to harass France and Spain without involving England in an actual war. As part of her marriage negotiations she later supported the duke of Alençon's participation in the Dutch war against Spain.

Sirimavo Bandaranaike

A house wife to a president, she took his place when he was assassinated. She was elected president, which was from public sympathy for her husband's murder.

She ruled that all foreign businesses, which were operating in Sri Lanka, should be stolen from the owners by the government. Think of a shop like Ikea, being stolen by the British from the Swedish, and you'll get an idea of how unfair that is. As a result of this, Britain and the US imposed sanctions on Sri Lanka.

She imposed wide spread social change on her country, her communist interventionist bureaucracies, stifled business, leading to economic downslide, unemployment, and starvation. In 1973, rationing had to be imposed due to these problems, that she caused.

She acted as a dictator. She first took over the country's largest newspaper, enforcing censorship on it. Then she shut down the "Independant newspaper group", which was a harsh critic of her dictatorial ways. I can imagine it was probably done with violence, and certainly with force.

Sirimavo increased and refused to let up, the situation of police and state violence against the Tamil minority. There has been both an ongoing state violence against the Tamils under her rule, and occasions of genocide in which mobs and the state collude against the Tamils. The Tamil's non-violent freedom leader Thanthai Chelva, was ignored by her. Under her rule, the Sri Lankan government, which collected taxes from all the people, neglected the Tamil areas in national development schemes.

Going back in time to the earlier part of her career... Her country, had more than one main language. Sinhala and Tamil. The Sinhalese who spoke Sinhala, are the majority of the country's population.

Her first move after she came to power, was to increase the historical oppression against the Tamils, by ruling that Sinhalese should be used for all government business. Before then, English was used, as the unifying language. (Quite a good idea I think to use English as a unifying language! After all, it is the worlds most commonly spoken language, especially in scientific communities, who have a great need to converse.)

This action meant that most Tamil in government, were unable to continue their government. The Tamils, responded by non-violent civil disobedience. Sirimavo responded to this, by declaring a state emergency. This language change, and state of emergency happened within one year of her election victory.

Sirimavo was banned from politics for 7 years, for abuse of power.

Strangely, at times, she was much liked abroad by the political leaders (at the top, like Prime Ministers and Presidents) from other countries. This was because she was a woman, and they were too far away to have to up with the deaths and loss of living standards she caused.

Chandrika Kumaratunga (daughter of Sirimavo, using her husband's name)

This is the situation at the time of Chandrika's power.

Richard Howitt and Robert Evans, two MEPs who visited Sri Lanka recently, without mincing words accused the Sri Lankan government "of not doing enough to protect civilians caught up in the war against Tamil Tiger rebels and is covering up their suffering." They compared the plight of the displaced Tamil people in and around the conflict zone with those of Sierra Leone and Chechnya.

Earlier the two MEPs visited the border town of Vavuniya, where they met Tamil civilians displaced by fighting in the northern Jaffna peninsula and Vanni.

The two MEPs directed their harshest criticism against the government for implementing an oppressive press-censorship policy and of not allowing essential supplies, including baby food and medicine, to be distributed in areas controlled by the Tamil Tigers.

For far too long the Sri Lankan government had succeeded in concealing the major humanitarian crisis prevalent in Vanni and other conflict areas by clamping down press censorship coupled with ban on foreign and local news media. Northeast has remained virtually a no go zone for foreign journalists for many years now, except for hand picked pro-government journalists taken on conducted tours. Like the economic blockade, there is also a news blockade of the Northeast. Mr.Evans, a member of the Parliament's South Asia delegation, said that President Kumaratunga's proposals to end the civil war would not work unless she sat down and negotiated with the Tamil Tigers.

No doubt President Chandrika who is used to polite exchange of pleasantries by visiting foreign dignitaries would have been stung by the sharp reproach by the MEPs concerned. The choice of words used was unprecedented for visiting politicians who normally watch their language and speak without giving any offence.

Before the diplomatic and political ripples raised by the MEPs could die down comes hot on the heels a report by Amnesty International (AI). In a hard hitting report dated July 20, 2000, the human rights watchdog has slammed the Sri Lankan government for continued violation of the rights of the Tamil detainees arrested under the emergency regulations.

Sri Lanka enjoys the dubious distinction of being the country with the second largest number of non-clarified cases of "disappearances" on the WGEID's list, and where torture remains widespread. While a very large number of the approximately 12,000 non-clarified "disappearances" on the WGEID's list took place under the UNP government, the practice of "disappearance" by no means ceased when the People's Alliance came to power in 1994 under President Chandrika Bandaranaike Kumaratunga.

A very common example of the treatment Tamils get, from the state Chandrika has set up, on July 13, 1999 Sithamparapillai Kanakanayakam, 27, of Kokkaddicholai, 16 kilometres southwest of Batticaloa, was arrested by the army while he was visiting relatives in Kallady, a suburb of Batticaloa town.

The Assistant JMO for Colombo Dr.S.Sivasubramaniam who examined Kanakanayakam on December 15, 1999 states in his report to the court that the youth had been beaten up severely with wires and plastic pipes and his head had been covered with a plastic bag containing petrol fumes and chilli powder and that his head had also been repeatedly thrust into water and held until he choked.

Queen Isabella of Spain (Born 1451)

The Catholic queen was cruelly intolerant, encouraging the infamous Inquisition. In her lust to unify Spain and centralize power, Isabella drove out the Jews, Moors and Gypsies.

Special mention: Cleopatra

Special mention I give to Cleopatra after reading her history, mostly because she doesn't fit into the category of "starting a war" or other unnecessary acts of aggression. In fact I almost feel sorry for that clueless whore. But then I should feel MORE sorry for the many people's lives she ruined with her stupidity, weakness and willingness to whore not just herself, but her country too.
She was responsible for destroying the Egyptian civilisation, by being a very weak ruler at a time when the world had many strong rulers. She was the last Egyptian Emperor, because the civilisation was no more after her.

She never faught a war herself, but whored herself to Romans (Julius Caesar and Mark Anthony), and got them to do the fighting for her! Why should she need that? She had a powerful and rich empire?? A strong ruler like Caesar with her large army could have ruled without fear from anyone. And even with her whoring, she still managed to mess things up. She split up Mark Anthony's marriage by whining, crying, begging and screaming for him to stay in Egypt, thus making Mark seen as a traitor to Rome. This resulted in a war on Egypt and on Mark Anthony.

She forced Mark Anthony to take the wrong tactical manoeuvre's at a sea battle, by manipulating him into it. She was supposed to be watching the battle, but left. This made Mark Anthony follow her, and his army was left in confusion and disarray, causing total defeat. She was a very weak ruler. More of a whore than a ruler. Mark Anthony was supposed to be her lover, but was more like a manipulated provider/protector slave, as the future events show.

She tried to whore herself to the conqueror of Egypt, Octavius, who had caused in Mark Anthony's death. However because unlike before she was too old and unattractive (39 at Octavius's time, but 18 when she met Caesar), he refused.

All in all I can't help to feel sorry for that fool of a woman. Perhaps that is a flaw in me. There is a certain "You blockhead" feeling I feel to her, IE much like the cartoon character Charlie Brown never realised that he was hopeless and would have done everyone a favour by just *giving up*, she had the same thing. She was determined to make a mess of things, when she should have just given up rule to a better ruler than her, instead of manipulating and whoring her own country into disaster.

Conspirator

PostWed Oct 23, 2013 2:05 pm » by Akashicrebel

Toxic32 wrote:
Akashicrebel wrote:I'll be happy with any option, as long as its not panda bears. I'll prefer to let humans RULL again, but not panda bears. call me a racist, I don't care.

Only one problem with women running things. Have you seen their track record. You must be joking.

Margaret Thatcher

Started the Falklands war over a country they didn't legally own, and also treated her own troops like cannon fodder. Contributed heavily to the Cold War (where each side was building up nuclear weapons and armies to kill each other out of fear, but no war happened). Contributed to the eventual destabilisation of the USSR. Ordered atrocities of murder in Northern Ireland. Supported many dictators who crushed human rights (like Pinochet's Chilean regime). Ordered civilians on a peaceful strike in Northern England to be killed by mounted police.

Her programs, known as "Thatcherism," also produced high unemployment (which nearly tripled in her first two terms), high interest rates and increased class differentiation, as well as growth of the underclass. She was a racist who disliked Blacks and Indians.

Squandered multi billions of pounds, from the North Sea oil, in military projects, instead of putting it back into the nation for development. Britain had a chance to have modern industries developed taking Britain to the forefront of technology, like Japan is, but she squandered it! Ruined the mining and steel industries (closed them down), and refused to redevelop the areas affected but instead let them rot into crime and poverty. Removed trade union rights.

Caused many public strikes over her authoritarian reforms and pay cuts. Privatised many British services, making a few people very rich, and making the services suffer greatly and still become more expensive. Privitising can NEVER work in a monopoly, it always leads to greater prices and worse service, because the people running it profit out of this. Privatisation can only work with strong competition, because people then have choice. (Quote: "Allowing private companies to run essential non-competitive public services is like putting Dracula in charge of the blood bank.")

Encouraged small businesses, and such businesses need loans. After encouraging them she raised interest rates so high many went out of business. Involved in corruption by giving her son hundreds of thousands of pounds, meant to be used by a government scheme.

Obsessed with money, having the "fat cat" mentality that is now plaguing the West. More of a business woman who just happened to find politics a good way to get rich. In an interview, she said the only song she liked was "How much is that doggy in the window", because she thought it had something to do with inflation! (Truly, it sounds bizarre but this was in an interview with a music magazine). Publicly said that any working man over the age of 25 that doesn't have a car to get to work could be considered a failure. So much for the environment, eh??

Caused a general revolt over the "poll tax", that lead to the Tory party being weakened and losing power. In fact they piloted the poll tax in Scotland and it was a dismal failiure, Scotland became totally anti-conservative. So she decided to bring the poll tax to England, too! The Poll Tax was the end of her career. Many people refused to pay, there were marches against it, at the election she lost power, all because of the Poll Tax.

One of Britain's most unpopular Prime ministers. Liked by some only because she is a woman.

Indira Ghandi

As prime minster in 1971, Indira Gandhi led India in a war against neighbouring Pakistan which resulted in the creations of Bangladesh, formerly East Pakistan. Her role in the war was only one of her controversial actions. She is remembered most for her campaign against Sikh separatists.

In 1973, Delhi and north India were rocked by demonstrations angry at high inflation, the poor state of the economy, rampant corruption, and poor standards of living. And in 1975, she annexed the Himalayan kingdom of Sikkim. In June of that year, the High Court of Allahabad found her guilty of using illegal practices during the last election campaign, and ordered her to vacate her seat. There were demands for her resignation.

Mrs. Gandhi's response was to declare a state of emergency, under which her political foes were imprisoned, constitutional rights abrogated, and the press placed under strict censorship. Meanwhile, the eldest of her two sons, Sanjay Gandhi, started to run the country as though it were his personal fiefdom, and earned the fierce hatred of many whom his policies had victimized. He ordered the removal of slum dwellings, and in an attempt to curb India's growing population, initiated a highly resented program of forced sterilization.

In early 1977, confident that she had debilitated her opposition, Mrs. Gandhi called for fresh elections, and found herself trounced by a newly formed coalition of political parties. Her Congress party lost badly at the polls, but three years later, she was to return as Prime Minister of India a second time.

In the second, post-Emergency, period of her Prime Ministership, Indira Gandhi was preoccupied by efforts to resolve the political problems in the state of [BANNED]. She brought a general named "Jarnail Singh Bindranwale" to power, letting him occupy the holiest Sikh shrine in Amritsar, called the Golden Temple, with armed soldiers who shot many innocent people. However, her general rebelled against her and challenged her, she had created a monster. In her attempt to crush the secessionist movement of Sikh militants, led by Jarnail Singh Bindranwale, she ordered an assault upon the Golden Temple. It was here that Bindranwale and his armed supporters had holed up, and it was from the Golden Temple that they waged their campaign of terrorism not merely against the government, but against moderate Sikhs and Hindus. "Operation Bluestar", waged in June 1984, led to the death of Bindranwale, and the Golden Temple was stripped clean of Sikh terrorists; however, the Golden Temple was severely damaged, blood was spilt on the holy place for the first time in history, and Mrs. Gandhi earned the undying hatred of Sikhs who bitterly resented the desecration of their sacred space. The attack killed an estimated 450 people, and left a legacy of bitterness.

Nuclear bombs were developed during her reign, and then exploded and tested.

Five months later, Indira Gandhi was shot dead by her Sikh bodyguards in revenge. That incident was followed by attacks on Sikh communities in Delhi and elsewhere in India, in which several thousand people are believed to have died.

Catherine the great

Waged two successful wars against the Ottoman Empire. Invaded Lithuania too. During this time, Catherine was able to expand the Russian borders. Catherine II's reign was notable for imperial expansion, which brought the empire huge new territories in the south and west, and for internal consolidation. Following a war that broke out with the Ottoman Empire in 1768, the parties agreed to the Treaty of Kuchuk-Kainarji in 1774. By that treaty, Russia acquired an outlet to the Black Sea, and the Crimean Tatars were made independent of the Ottomans. In 1783 Catherine annexed Crimea, helping to spark the next war with the Ottoman Empire, which began in 1787. By the Treaty of Jassy in 1792, Russia expanded southward to the Dnestr River. The terms of the treaty fell far short of the goals of Catherine's reputed "Greek project"--the expulsion of the Ottomans from Europe and the renewal of a Byzantine Empire under Russian control. The Ottoman Empire no longer was a serious threat to Russia, however, and was forced to tolerate an increasing Russian influence over the Balkans.

This time Russia obtained most of Belorussia and Ukraine west of the Dnepr River. The 1793 partition led to an anti-Russian and anti-Prussian uprising in Poland, which ended with the third partition in 1795. The result was that Poland was wiped off the map, Russia had taken it's lands as it's own.

In 1788, Russia declares war on Sweden. This sharp little engagement lasts for 2 years.

The fate of the Ukrainians and Belorussians, who were primarily serfs, changed little at first under Russian rule. Roman Catholic Poles resented their loss of independence, however, and proved to be difficult to integrate. Russia had barred Jews from the empire in 1742 and viewed them as an alien population. A decree of January 3, 1792, formally initiated the Pale of Settlement, which permitted Jews to live only in the western part of the empire, thereby setting the stage for anti-Jewish discrimination in later periods (see Other Religions, ch. 4). At the same time, Russia abolished the autonomy of Ukraine east of the Dnepr, the Baltic republics, and various Cossack areas. With her emphasis on a uniformly administered empire, Catherine presaged the policy of Russification that later tsars and their successors would practice.

During the 1768-74 war with the Ottoman Empire, Russia experienced a major social upheaval, the Pugachev Uprising. In 1773 a Don Cossack, Emel'yan Pugachev, announced that he was Peter III. Other Cossacks, various Turkic tribes that felt the impingement of the Russian centralizing state, and industrial workers in the Ural Mountains, as well as peasants hoping to escape serfdom, all joined in the rebellion. Russia's preoccupation with the war enabled Pugachev to take control of a part of the Volga area, but the regular army crushed the rebellion in 1774.

Then, on the domestic front, although espousing liberal thinkers like Voltaire, she ignored the poor and increased the scale and depth of the autocracy. Under Catherine's rule, the government attitude towards serfs witnessed a major deterioration. The squires were given a free-hand to squeeze the peasantry as never before. In addition to this, inequality between the rich and poor increased. Catherine's era has been dubbed the 'golden age of the Russian nobility.' Never before had the Russian upper class been so privileged, so economically advantaged and so handsomely rewarded for doing so little. In exchange, they abdicated nearly all political pretensions (thus, strengthening Catherine's own power).

Bloody Mary

Queen Mary was the first woman to be crowned Queen of England in her own right. Her reign was brief and troubled. Her marriage to Prince Philip of Spain provoked Parliamentary dissent and armed rebellion; the Spanish alliance later drew England into a disastrous war with France, ending with the loss of Calais - England's last French territory. Her religious intolerance is legendary. In 37 years Henry VIII had killed 90 heretics, Catholic and Protestant, burned at the stake; in four years Mary burned nearly 300 Protestants. Victims included blind men, pregnant women and Thomas Cranmer, Henry's Archbishop of Canterbury, who recanted his Protestantism seven times but reaffirmed it before his execution. The repression created a Protestant resistance which grew more resolute as the burnings continued. Protestants increasingly looked forward to the accession of Princess Elizabeth.

She dealt equally harshly with the Irish. She confiscated lands belonging to the O'Moores and the O'Connors in counties Laois and Offaly, renaming them Queen's County and King's County in honour of herself and her husband. The dispossessed chieftains waged a guerrilla war against the English settlements. Under the pretext of holding a peace conference with them, the English invited the O'Moores and the O'Connors to Mullaghmast where they had them and their families treacherously murdered.

Several of England's leading Protestant bishops were tortured and burned at the stake as heretics, including John Hooper, Nicholas Ridley, and Hugh Latimer. Even Thomas Cranmer, who had been Archbishop of Canterbury under Henry and Edward, was burned at the stake as a heretic. Over three hundred Protestants died in the Marian persecutions, and eight hundred more fled to Germany and Switzerland.

Mary died, childless, in 1558; she was 42. She had caused civil war. She had long lost the popular support which monarchs now needed. Granted a longer reign and an heir, she might have succeeded in integrating England into the Catholic Church and a Catholic empire; more probably, she would have made the country ungovernable.

Tz'u-hsi

(also spelled Hsiao-Ch'in or Hsien Huang-Huo or Cixi, also known as the Dowager Princess)

Was a one of Hsien-feng (Xianfeng)'s whores. Had his only son. Her master died and she became a regent for the boy. She had her son killed the before he became of age, then violated the normal succession and had her three year old nephew named the new heir. Soon after that she was made the ruler of China, when her nephew's mother died.

Tzu-Hsi lived in extravagance; she squandered money on banquets, jewels, and other luxuries. She used funds earmarked for the navy to build herself a lavish summer palace. (The lack of military funds contributed to China's defeat in the 1894 Sino-Japanese war.) At the end of her life, her personal jewellery vault held 3,000 ebony boxes of jewels, and she was buried in diamonds.

She commanded the violently anti-foreign secret society "The Boxers" to attack foreign legations in Peking; this siege lasted eight weeks. In return, a mixed foreign force of 19,000 troops battered its way in and captured Peking. Peking was looted, many Chinese people were tortured, raped and killed. Tzu-Hsi fled to Sian. Before fleeing, Tzu-Hsi summoned the emperor's concubines and told them to stay behind. One of them begged to be allowed to accompany the emperor. "Throw this despicable minion down the well!" She ordered the guards. The order was carried-out.

Worked with the military and conservative forces to stage a coup and take power again as active regent, confining her own nephew to his palace. Later as she on her death bed, though old age, she had her nephew poisoned to death.

Golda Meir

Zionist. Contributed to the illegal settling and occupation of Palestine. She saw no need to seek compromise with the Palestinians so long as Israel was secure. Her rigid nationalism and blinkered view of the Arabs led her to say once: "There are no Palestinians."

As Prime Minister, Meir took a hard line toward the Arab world, refusing to stop expansion of settlements in the occupied territories. She refused to give back the lands Israel had stolen though war. She also tried to occupy the Sinai and Golan Heights, but the moderates in her party prevented her.

Elizabeth I

Elizabeth gave Queen Mary of the Scots refuge, then immediately betrayed her and kept her prisoner for nearly 19 years, then murdered her (with no intervening freedom!).

Encouraged raiding of Spanish ships during peacetime, by pirates. Took a share of the pirate's profit. Caused a long war going on for over a decade with Spain.

By lending unofficial aid to French Huguenots she managed for some time to harass France and Spain without involving England in an actual war. As part of her marriage negotiations she later supported the duke of Alençon's participation in the Dutch war against Spain.

Sirimavo Bandaranaike

A house wife to a president, she took his place when he was assassinated. She was elected president, which was from public sympathy for her husband's murder.

She ruled that all foreign businesses, which were operating in Sri Lanka, should be stolen from the owners by the government. Think of a shop like Ikea, being stolen by the British from the Swedish, and you'll get an idea of how unfair that is. As a result of this, Britain and the US imposed sanctions on Sri Lanka.

She imposed wide spread social change on her country, her communist interventionist bureaucracies, stifled business, leading to economic downslide, unemployment, and starvation. In 1973, rationing had to be imposed due to these problems, that she caused.

She acted as a dictator. She first took over the country's largest newspaper, enforcing censorship on it. Then she shut down the "Independant newspaper group", which was a harsh critic of her dictatorial ways. I can imagine it was probably done with violence, and certainly with force.

Sirimavo increased and refused to let up, the situation of police and state violence against the Tamil minority. There has been both an ongoing state violence against the Tamils under her rule, and occasions of genocide in which mobs and the state collude against the Tamils. The Tamil's non-violent freedom leader Thanthai Chelva, was ignored by her. Under her rule, the Sri Lankan government, which collected taxes from all the people, neglected the Tamil areas in national development schemes.

Going back in time to the earlier part of her career... Her country, had more than one main language. Sinhala and Tamil. The Sinhalese who spoke Sinhala, are the majority of the country's population.

Her first move after she came to power, was to increase the historical oppression against the Tamils, by ruling that Sinhalese should be used for all government business. Before then, English was used, as the unifying language. (Quite a good idea I think to use English as a unifying language! After all, it is the worlds most commonly spoken language, especially in scientific communities, who have a great need to converse.)

This action meant that most Tamil in government, were unable to continue their government. The Tamils, responded by non-violent civil disobedience. Sirimavo responded to this, by declaring a state emergency. This language change, and state of emergency happened within one year of her election victory.

Sirimavo was banned from politics for 7 years, for abuse of power.

Strangely, at times, she was much liked abroad by the political leaders (at the top, like Prime Ministers and Presidents) from other countries. This was because she was a woman, and they were too far away to have to up with the deaths and loss of living standards she caused.

Chandrika Kumaratunga (daughter of Sirimavo, using her husband's name)

This is the situation at the time of Chandrika's power.

Richard Howitt and Robert Evans, two MEPs who visited Sri Lanka recently, without mincing words accused the Sri Lankan government "of not doing enough to protect civilians caught up in the war against Tamil Tiger rebels and is covering up their suffering." They compared the plight of the displaced Tamil people in and around the conflict zone with those of Sierra Leone and Chechnya.

Earlier the two MEPs visited the border town of Vavuniya, where they met Tamil civilians displaced by fighting in the northern Jaffna peninsula and Vanni.

The two MEPs directed their harshest criticism against the government for implementing an oppressive press-censorship policy and of not allowing essential supplies, including baby food and medicine, to be distributed in areas controlled by the Tamil Tigers.

For far too long the Sri Lankan government had succeeded in concealing the major humanitarian crisis prevalent in Vanni and other conflict areas by clamping down press censorship coupled with ban on foreign and local news media. Northeast has remained virtually a no go zone for foreign journalists for many years now, except for hand picked pro-government journalists taken on conducted tours. Like the economic blockade, there is also a news blockade of the Northeast. Mr.Evans, a member of the Parliament's South Asia delegation, said that President Kumaratunga's proposals to end the civil war would not work unless she sat down and negotiated with the Tamil Tigers.

No doubt President Chandrika who is used to polite exchange of pleasantries by visiting foreign dignitaries would have been stung by the sharp reproach by the MEPs concerned. The choice of words used was unprecedented for visiting politicians who normally watch their language and speak without giving any offence.

Before the diplomatic and political ripples raised by the MEPs could die down comes hot on the heels a report by Amnesty International (AI). In a hard hitting report dated July 20, 2000, the human rights watchdog has slammed the Sri Lankan government for continued violation of the rights of the Tamil detainees arrested under the emergency regulations.

Sri Lanka enjoys the dubious distinction of being the country with the second largest number of non-clarified cases of "disappearances" on the WGEID's list, and where torture remains widespread. While a very large number of the approximately 12,000 non-clarified "disappearances" on the WGEID's list took place under the UNP government, the practice of "disappearance" by no means ceased when the People's Alliance came to power in 1994 under President Chandrika Bandaranaike Kumaratunga.

A very common example of the treatment Tamils get, from the state Chandrika has set up, on July 13, 1999 Sithamparapillai Kanakanayakam, 27, of Kokkaddicholai, 16 kilometres southwest of Batticaloa, was arrested by the army while he was visiting relatives in Kallady, a suburb of Batticaloa town.

The Assistant JMO for Colombo Dr.S.Sivasubramaniam who examined Kanakanayakam on December 15, 1999 states in his report to the court that the youth had been beaten up severely with wires and plastic pipes and his head had been covered with a plastic bag containing petrol fumes and chilli powder and that his head had also been repeatedly thrust into water and held until he choked.

Queen Isabella of Spain (Born 1451)

The Catholic queen was cruelly intolerant, encouraging the infamous Inquisition. In her lust to unify Spain and centralize power, Isabella drove out the Jews, Moors and Gypsies.

Special mention: Cleopatra

Special mention I give to Cleopatra after reading her history, mostly because she doesn't fit into the category of "starting a war" or other unnecessary acts of aggression. In fact I almost feel sorry for that clueless whore. But then I should feel MORE sorry for the many people's lives she ruined with her stupidity, weakness and willingness to whore not just herself, but her country too.
She was responsible for destroying the Egyptian civilisation, by being a very weak ruler at a time when the world had many strong rulers. She was the last Egyptian Emperor, because the civilisation was no more after her.

She never faught a war herself, but whored herself to Romans (Julius Caesar and Mark Anthony), and got them to do the fighting for her! Why should she need that? She had a powerful and rich empire?? A strong ruler like Caesar with her large army could have ruled without fear from anyone. And even with her whoring, she still managed to mess things up. She split up Mark Anthony's marriage by whining, crying, begging and screaming for him to stay in Egypt, thus making Mark seen as a traitor to Rome. This resulted in a war on Egypt and on Mark Anthony.

She forced Mark Anthony to take the wrong tactical manoeuvre's at a sea battle, by manipulating him into it. She was supposed to be watching the battle, but left. This made Mark Anthony follow her, and his army was left in confusion and disarray, causing total defeat. She was a very weak ruler. More of a whore than a ruler. Mark Anthony was supposed to be her lover, but was more like a manipulated provider/protector slave, as the future events show.

She tried to whore herself to the conqueror of Egypt, Octavius, who had caused in Mark Anthony's death. However because unlike before she was too old and unattractive (39 at Octavius's time, but 18 when she met Caesar), he refused.

All in all I can't help to feel sorry for that fool of a woman. Perhaps that is a flaw in me. There is a certain "You blockhead" feeling I feel to her, IE much like the cartoon character Charlie Brown never realised that he was hopeless and would have done everyone a favour by just *giving up*, she had the same thing. She was determined to make a mess of things, when she should have just given up rule to a better ruler than her, instead of manipulating and whoring her own country into disaster.

ok, you convince me about women's. that play men's games. it's not like this women's have deserted the system that was established by men's, they just grow up pennies and join the old game. power is power... dickz or pussiez I guess...

but I'm glad you agree with me about the irrelevantly of panda bears ruling, that was actually my opinion, the women's part was more open for debate.

Great epic by the way :cheers:
A real success can be achieved only if you help everybody else to fail.
........................................Image

Initiate

PostWed Oct 23, 2013 5:39 pm » by Poppa_pygar

Cockroaches, they would inherit the Earth. :lol: Image
If you're talking behind my back, you're in a good position to kiss my ass! Image

Next