Why are Christians incapable of telling the truth about Xmas

Initiate

PostFri Dec 27, 2013 8:30 am » by Purplepanther

At this time I would also like to say that I don't get out as much as I should; I did see coments from spock and 99 socks. you are both epic in your own right and hope that both of you enjoy this season no matter the faith nor beliefs. I will not explain my entire situation but when I see your response on such topics I feel like I'm home. The best of wishes to all of you, so mote it be. On a personal note I did work today and the solar activity was beyond epic, sometimes I wonder if our days are realistically numbered...???
ImageImageImage

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 27, 2013 9:18 am » by kentrb

Danielle: Here Ethan, you could have one of my chocolates.
Ethan: No thank you, I have my own
Danielle: But Ethan, Christmas is about giving in sharing.
Ethan: Reluctantly grabs the chocolate "Family and love ACTUALLY" in a know it all tone.

thats my grankids on chistmas evening,lol
4 and 7

they've both been introduced to santa claus
hes kind of a go to character at chrismas,by default in this day and age
on this side of the world anyways
the older kid is on the verge of kicking santa out of his "whats real" aspect of his life
the younger child is still on the fence,lol
the funny thing about that is,the adults are confused about how to handle it,but the kids seem just fine on figuring it out for themselves,lol

i had a debate once with an athiest friend.
i didnt mean it to be a debate,but was interesting never the less
it started when i made a comment that,we need to kill santa and weaken his/its hold on defining christmas spirit.
i was taken aback when my athiest friend jumped on santa's side,and started defending him as a nessacerry construct to make the kids happy
this friend is one ,that at the very mention of god,jesus,bible or what ever religious trigger word goes to the usual athiest arguement,that god,jesus,bible are works of fiction,that have no place in a serious descussion on who or what we are
im not religious myself,but disagree with this stance
i pointed this out at the time and the debate was over,lol

santa and jesus are irrelivant in the teaching of good and bad,right or wrong to the kids
parents,parents and some more parenting and exsample
kids emmulate thier parents

last i heard god is resting
he left us in charge
love your nieghbor
ya,jesus had it figured out :think:

:peep:

Writer

PostFri Dec 27, 2013 2:41 pm » by DevilTV

Nimrod is who was born on dec 25. Christ was born in spring. St. Nick is the devil (satan/santa). Coming down your chimney in a pit of fire. God says not to worship any other Gods, yet kids pray to Santa for rewards for their behavior or good deeds. No where does it say to celebrate this day, nor did Jesus say to cut down a tree, give away gifts to little shits, and get drunker probably more then you would any other day.

The Talmud says Jesus is boiling in his own shit and Mary is a whore. They (the Jews), sell you all the X''Mas bull shit. Them rich another year, you poor another. They do not celebrate xmas at all and are the ones behind the gay agenda's and they are the ones who don't want you to say Merry Christmas (Christ Mass). But if you were really a follower of Christ (or worshiper as some of you say he is God), you would not celebrate xmas or christmas. It is a fairytale that we all have been taught just like Santa. it's all a lie.

Jeremiah 10 1-5

10 Hear ye the word which the Lord speaketh unto you, O house of Israel:

2 Thus saith the Lord, Learn not the way of the heathen, and be not dismayed at the signs of heaven; for the heathen are dismayed at them.

3 For the customs of the people are vain: for one cutteth a tree out of the forest, the work of the hands of the workman, with the axe.

4 They deck it with silver and with gold; they fasten it with nails and with hammers, that it move not.

5 They are upright as the palm tree, but speak not: they must needs be borne, because they cannot go. Be not afraid of them; for they cannot do evil, neither also is it in them to do good.

Initiate

PostFri Dec 27, 2013 4:06 pm » by Alexrubic

Spock wrote:
RATRODROB wrote:

nicely said, :flop:

RRR

Wasn't nicely said - unless you're nicely misunderstanding.

But let's look at it another way. You don't want Christmas shoved down your throats - how about us Christians not wanting "Xmas" shoved down ours - when we understand the reason of the season and do not get upset about the marketing aspect of it - yet you who hate Christmas - probably because you feel you MUST spend money on someone else - are actually worshiping and lashing out at the agnostic side of Christmas - which you so lovingly refer to as "X-MAS" :flop:

Not sure I fully understand what you are trying to say with regard to 'Xmas'!

Xmas is not some agnostic or pagan way of referring to Christmas. Xmas is a legitimate abbreviation of 'Christmas' in that 'X' - in this case - is the Greek letter 'Chi' and stands for the first two (Latin) letters of Christ's name 'CH'. So 'Xmas' still means 'Christmas'.

However, I do understand what is being said with regard to the festival we celebrate on the 25th of December having been 'appropriated' by Christianity to celebrate the birth of Jesus who, as far as can be historically ascertained, was not born at this time of year.

Most of the symbology and acoutrements associated with Christmas do, indeed, have a pagan origin that predates Christianity.
Last edited by Alexrubic on Fri Dec 27, 2013 4:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Initiate

PostFri Dec 27, 2013 5:03 pm » by Middleman

Rahkriga wrote:...every christian seems to omit that...why?

99Socks wrote:Why is it that every atheist and agnostic is incapable...

The hundreds of millions of individuals in question do not conform to your stereotypes.

This atheist has been wishing people a Merry Christmas all week, because that is the culture I grew up in. I don't believe in god, but I do respect the philosophy of Jesus...demonstrably more than some "devout" believers. Plenty of kind, moral people who regard themselves as Christians will have made their only visit to a church this year on Christmas day.

If that doesn't work for you, there's always the option of blowing it out of your arse and minding your own business. :D

As for the issue of why we lie, that is a deeper question than mere belief. Go to the zoo and watch juvenile monkeys or young big cats play at fighting. They understand the concept of fiction perfectly.

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 27, 2013 5:07 pm » by 99socks

Alexrubic wrote:
Xmas is not some agnostic or pagan way of referring to Christmas. Xmas is a legitimate abbreviation of 'Christmas' in that 'X' - in this case - is the Greek letter 'Chi' and stands for the first two (Latin) letters of Christ's name 'CH'. So 'Xmas' still means 'Christmas'.

It was Xmas before it was Christmas. :flop:
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 27, 2013 5:07 pm » by 99socks

Middleman wrote:
99Socks wrote:Why is it that every atheist and agnostic is incapable...

The hundreds of millions of individuals in question do not conform to your stereotypes.

This atheist has been wishing people a Merry Christmas all week, because that is the culture I grew up in. I don't believe in god, but I do respect the philosophy of Jesus...demonstrably more than some "devout" believers. Plenty of kind, moral people who regard themselves as Christians will have made their only visit to a church this year on Christmas day.

If that doesn't work for you, there's always the option of blowing it out of your arse and minding your own business. :D

As for the issue of why we lie, that is a deeper question than mere belief. Go to the zoo and watch juvenile monkeys or young big cats play at fighting. They understand the concept of fiction perfectly.

Wow, that went right over your head.
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 27, 2013 5:12 pm » by 99socks

Purplepanther wrote:At this time I would also like to say that I don't get out as much as I should; I did see coments from spock and 99 socks. you are both epic in your own right and hope that both of you enjoy this season no matter the faith nor beliefs. I will not explain my entire situation but when I see your response on such topics I feel like I'm home. The best of wishes to all of you, so mote it be. On a personal note I did work today and the solar activity was beyond epic, sometimes I wonder if our days are realistically numbered...???

:hiho: back

So mote it be. :cheers:

Initiate

PostFri Dec 27, 2013 5:26 pm » by Middleman

Yep, must have gone over my head, you didn't say that all atheists share the same narrow view point at all. I must have been quoting 99undies.

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 27, 2013 7:46 pm » by 99socks

Middleman wrote:Yep, must have gone over my head, you didn't say that all atheists share the same narrow view point at all. I must have been quoting 99undies.

It's a literary technique- the OP made a rhetorical claim that all Christians are ignorant of historical reality, and I made a rhetorical claim in return that all atheists are ignorant of something called a metaphor.

PreviousNext