Why are Christians incapable of telling the truth about Xmas

Initiate

PostFri Dec 27, 2013 6:56 am » by Rahkriga

Christmas has nothing to do with the christian faith..in FACT its pagan....yet every christian seems to omit that...why? Jesus wasnt born on Dec 25...yet every christian says Dec 25 was Jesus' birthday...why?
Why do they willingly lie to their kids year after year??

Is the lie of Christmas needed as preparation for the even bigger lie of Jesus to be believed?

Im ignostic...so I pretty much view this whole Xmas crap just like I view the homosexual crap....why does it have to be thrown in my face all the time?? I have no problem whatsoever with people celebrating Xmas...but dont force me to do it when I know that you know its a big lie...and dont say Im trying to destroy or get rid of christmas because I wont join in on the lie. I dont believe in sins..but if I did..it would be a sin to lie to an innocent child that doesnt have the means to critically analyze the lie being told. You could tell a kid that a cardboard box is god...and guess what..theyll believe you. I would have more respect for christians if they would just be real about all of this. I like the vibe of Xmas...but I cant ignore the FACT...Xmas is based on lies on top of lies

Super Moderator

PostFri Dec 27, 2013 6:59 am » by Spock

oh boy. another literalist that just can not for the life of him understand the "heart" of the message. Jesus - who by the way Christians go by, called literalists - fine wine skins full of dead men's bones, broods of vipers - we know them as Pharisees.

Stop swallowing camels and puking on gnats bro.

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 27, 2013 7:00 am » by RATRODROB

Rahkriga wrote:Christmas has nothing to do with the christian faith..in FACT its pagan....yet every christian seems to omit that...why? Jesus wasnt born on Dec 25...yet every christian says Dec 25 was Jesus' birthday...why?

Is the lie of Christmas needed as preparation for the even bigger lie of Jesus to be believed?

Im ignostic...so I pretty much view this whole Xmas crap just like I view the homosexual crap....why does it have to be thrown in my face all the time?? I have no problem whatsoever with people celebrating Xmas...but dont force me to do it when I know that you know its a big lie...and dont say Im trying to destroy or get rid of christmas because I wont join in on the lie. I dont believe in sins..but if I did..it would be a sin to lie to an innocent child that doesnt have the means to critically analyze the lie being told. You could tell a kid that a cardboard box is god...and guess what..theyll believe you. I would have more respect for christians if they would just be real about all of this. I like the vibe of Xmas...but I cant ignore the FACT...Xmas is based on lies on top of lies

nicely said, :flop:

RRR
The more people i meet, the more i like my dog

Super Moderator

PostFri Dec 27, 2013 7:04 am » by Spock

RATRODROB wrote:

nicely said, :flop:

RRR

Wasn't nicely said - unless you're nicely misunderstanding.

But let's look at it another way. You don't want Christmas shoved down your throats - how about us Christians not wanting "Xmas" shoved down ours - when we understand the reason of the season and do not get upset about the marketing aspect of it - yet you who hate Christmas - probably because you feel you MUST spend money on someone else - are actually worshiping and lashing out at the agnostic side of Christmas - which you so lovingly refer to as "X-MAS" :flop:

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 27, 2013 7:10 am » by Harbin

Rahkriga wrote:Christmas has nothing to do with the christian faith..in FACT its pagan....yet every christian seems to omit that...why? Jesus wasnt born on Dec 25...yet every christian says Dec 25 was Jesus' birthday...why?

Were you once a believer ?
If so, what brought you to disbelief ?
Antiwar.com

Writer

PostFri Dec 27, 2013 7:12 am » by Doctor of ?

So just curios, do you work on Christmas, or take time off to help carry on the "lie"

Super Moderator

PostFri Dec 27, 2013 7:13 am » by Spock

Harbin wrote:Were you once a believer ?

Remember the parable about the seeds and where they land and some spring up real quick and die out just as quickly because they were cast among rocks and had no fertile soil?

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 27, 2013 7:14 am » by 99socks

Why is it that every atheist and agnostic is incapable of doing anything except reduce religion to whether it is factual or literal or not, instead of actually being the great thinkers they consider themselves to be and recognize the mythological value that "religious" stories have to offer- a sense of identity, purpose, and belonging; a connection within one's self, with others, and with the universe; morals, wisdom, great literature; inspirational heros; solidarity in suffering and reasons for hope; and an exploration of the human condition.

I mean, really... is the Lord of the Rings any different in that regard? It isn't true, yet most people find a great deal of goodness in the story... but no one criticizes JRR Tolkien fans as being ignorant since they can't see the story obviously isn't true (but only to those shallow enough to have no idea of the depth of the story).

I say this over and over- if you can only judge something by whether or not it is absolutely true and historically accurate, then you have completely and totally missed the point. And Christians who debate and fight and argue about it (i.e. fundamentalists and many evangelicals) also have never figured out the point either.

I mean really... people are so damn busy stripping the symbols and the story of its power, and yet they can't figure out how they end up so culturally, socially, and spiritually impoverished. :roll:

There is a native American story. It included elements of a fox playing with his balls, tossing them in the air, and then losing them to the heavens. Stupid white men thought the story was created by dumb Indians who needed something to explain how the stars got in the sky.

In reality, the story is something that is told to pre-teen boys to discourage them from masturbating. :flop:

Conspirator

PostFri Dec 27, 2013 7:18 am » by Harbin

Spock wrote:
Harbin wrote:Were you once a believer ?

Remember the parable about the seeds and where they land and some spring up real quick and die out just as quickly because they were cast among rocks and had no fertile soil?

Yes, and with this in mind I once questioned some Pentecostalists why they bothered to evangelize at the state prison. :headscratch:
Antiwar.com

Initiate

PostFri Dec 27, 2013 8:11 am » by Purplepanther

Your topic is as old as time itself, I do hold faith in my heart but by all means I also understand that traditional and ancient holidays in fact had a marriage, thus the Santa clause and Easter bunny, neither of witch could ever complete said objective on a normal basis. I cruised enough of this post to say that I did not work on X-mas or the eve in order to keep things legate. If you research outside the bubble you will discover how the mighty Clause came to be, why we still carve a jack-O-lantern and just exactly why the Easter bunny does not coincide with the death of Christ. I must warn you though, if you have intensions of knocking either side of this marriage you may be asking for some serious karma. What you seek is true, do your own independent research and you will be very surprised by what you find, Merry X-Mas to you my friend, so mote it be upon anyone that seeks thy truth of true origins.
ImageImageImage

Next