why are we here? what is our reason for existance?

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 23, 2010 1:05 am » by whitedeath

We are here and our reason for existance is nothing more than so many more co-incidences that we can fathom.
We are not the chosen ones, we are not the special ones. We were not made in anyone's image. We happened by chance, it's up to us to GIVE the future generations reasons to exist

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 23, 2010 1:13 am » by Towelie

My Cats/Dog seem to think my sole purpose in life is to feed and stroke them..........Its as good a reason as anyother.
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 23, 2010 1:14 am » by sockpuppet

towelie wrote:My Cats/Dog seem to think my sole purpose in life is to feed and stroke them..........Its as good a reason as anyother.

:D
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo

Initiate

PostFri Apr 23, 2010 3:39 am » by nm156

Why is one of the puzzles humans will never solve. Why is it a mystery the Universe evolved.
Anything of interest always comes at ones expense.

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 23, 2010 6:33 am » by Wolfbane7272

telocvovim wrote:this may sound silly... but i always wonder bout that question....

and i know that most of u got better things to do than answer such a stupid question...

but i really mean it...

why do we exist?

i dont fucking know...

i believe not in the idea that were here so that some fucking aliens can harvest our souls when we die.... and if thats so u will hear a BIG laughter when i go....

i DO believe that our time here is something precious beyound our limited talking monkey understanding.... something so valuable.... that it cannot be described in words....

does that question lead us to GOD?

who or what is god?

i bet noone around here KNOWS.....

why do we not try to get an answer for that... i mean.. really try..??

jesus said: he who knoweth the all and dont knoweth himself knoweth nothing....

i would really like to hear some answers....

well for me personally and my view of reality i believe we are here to learn one lesson . wether that be humility ,love,peace ,tolerance etc. etc and once and if you accomplish that ,you move on to another lesson ,i believe in reincarnation , and i believe every lifetime is a lesson until finally there is no more to learn then perhaps you come back as a person to help others make it through ie when someone says your an old soul,or you seem very wise for such an early age , that just my opinion and i believe in a guiding force but i dont call it god myself,unless i am commenting on a christian post then yes ,but i believe that something does guide our lives .

cheers

Initiate

PostFri Apr 23, 2010 7:40 am » by Anrk0207

GOD=CONTROL=FEAR=PANIC=END OF THE WORLD. WAKE-UP people believe in ourselves and the world would be a better place. :cheers: :)

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 23, 2010 8:06 am » by Clawspiracy

I was meditating on this very question today, and you know what? I actually got an answer. I wrote it all down. As I looked at it, I thought how great it was that we have ways of expressing ourselves to each other, whether in the abstract or concrete.

I am going to refine the answer, and I will post it.

Great post OP...
It's a Clawspiracy...

Writer

PostFri Apr 23, 2010 8:40 am » by Cupnsaucer

:flop: hey there have looked at this guy...billy meier the future of man kind .....he seems to have all the answers to your questions .give it a look what have you got to lose.. :cheers:

Writer

PostFri Apr 23, 2010 11:00 am » by Matsalted

I believe there is no meaning or purpose, only value.

Conspirator

PostSun Apr 25, 2010 5:11 am » by sockpuppet

Teloc, I have a book recommendation for you (my favorite): The Journey of Ibn Fattouma by Naguib Mahfouz. ;)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ouyVS6HOFeo

PreviousNext