why are we here? what is our reason for existance?

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 30, 2010 4:56 pm » by Wolfbane7272

allreadydead wrote:
Are you for real?

Is that as complex as your conception of god gets?

Sick baby dies = no God?

Seriously?
That might be the weakest argument ive ever heard here.

Actually, it's the strongest argument I've ever heard for the conception of no god - because, taking the christian faith, does it not ask it followers to have the simple faith of children and not complex as you seem to believe it should be - did not Jesus mention about harming children and allowing them to come to him? So, Jesus was all for helping and nurturing children. so must his 'Dad' - or maybe not.

there are children, in their millions, dying each year on this planet (sometimes for the want of a glass of clean water!!!) , oh, and don't forget the suffering, pain and agony, before the little angels actually 'Go to heaven' - This in the name of god?, to glorify him? To fullfill some mystic plan?

Answer me this (put yourself in a loving fathers shoes - say as God) "Would you honestly stand by and see all those innocent children die, sometimes quite horribly, and DO NOTHING?"

Yes or No. Simple isn't it - not a complex conception of God needed really.

If the answer is YES - what sort of God is this - we'd certainly could be better off on our own.

If the answer is NO - Then why the hell doesn't he do something about it! - he used to make lots of appearances in the 'good old days', destroying whole cities, turning women to salt, asking people to sacrifice their sons etc. he wasn't slow in coming forward then and interfering in man's affairs - he's been really quiet lately, just when we need him the most.

if this god was benevolent, loving, benign and cherished his children, like any real father would, he may put in a few more appearances and actually do some good in the world he created?

Why doesn't he?

Please don't answer that he 'moves in mysterious ways', or all will be known in the end, he gave humans free-will, etc. because that's really unacceptable - that's like the old chesnut, well, he changes things through the actions of people and guides the world through them.....

If that's his plan, it has gone seriously off the ralls - just in recent times we've had two wars which killed more people, than all the previous wars achieved before, ever, in history. In one of them we used atomic weapons on civilians, men, women and children (prehaps as much loved as the one in the story above) so, using your argument, if there was a god:
INCINERATED CHILDREN = THERE IS A GOD! because he's all knowing and has a hand in everything........

Just answer this one last question:

If god is infinate, all-knowing, all powerfull, all ways present (in the begining and in the end of time) why the hell doesn't he do something about this crazy, F'#*$$=d up planet and the murdering, greedy dreadful creatures that inhabit it? (thats us humans by the way).

Well, there's two answers to that question,(if I may offer my opinion before you reply)

1. He doesn't do anything because he's given up on his children, or his too busy to notice the starvation, genocide, wars etc taking place - pretty odd for someone that is all knowing -
or he really doesn't give a shit about his supreme creation and is leaving it to it's own fate.

2. He doesn't actually exist.

Frankly, I know which one appears to be the answer, but, hey, their your questions.

man created wars ,greed,guns,power,if anyone is to blame its us . we sink trillions of dollars yearly into wars and operations and R&D for bigger,badder,smarter weapons and technology.and yes the children in undeveloped go hungry and dont have clean water ,even some of our own children in the west go without as well .is it God's fault that man is a arrogant ,power hungry fool? no .its the reason we have free will to make choices ,and some are made for us because of the fact that a certain select control all the wealth and power ,we leave it up to their conscience not ours .that is the real answer and i think you know exactly what i am saying and perhaps just want to antagonize the christians once again ..as for the bible it was created by man as a INTERPRETATION of the word of God,

lol it's my conclusion we made this fucked up planet the way it is ,and we have to deal with it.

cheers bud

Conspirator

PostFri Apr 30, 2010 5:16 pm » by Allreadydead

@wolfbane7272 - thanks for replying :flop:

Thank you! you hit the nail right on the head - instead of arguement about God, whether he/she/it exists?, whats the plan? is there life after death? why are we here? what is our reason for existance? etc......

Maybe, we should say, Hey, we exist, we're here, let's get the fuck on with it! Let's change things, let's DO SOMETHING about the state of humanity - let us grieve our dead and remember them with love and affection, and where we can: Save and/or change their lives for the better whislt they live. - and let's start with the children, because there in lies the future of humanity and at the moment we treat many with utter contemp. I wrote the posts that appear on this forum with one thought in mind - get the message out there.

If you check some of my other posts on other forums, you'll see that I'll promote that idea whenever I can (without going off topic!) and if some people think that's wrong or inappropriate for this site, then I ask what does 'Disclose' mean ?

The dictionary version is : "make known: expose to view."

Is it so wrong to have done this?

Thanks again - you understood. :D

Conspirator

PostSat May 01, 2010 12:32 am » by Allreadydead

@telocvovm - thanks for replying :flop:

No, I won't feel good about it!

I know that "pride comes before a fall" (or should it be 'fool'?)

I do try and avoid it! - thanks! :D

Writer

PostSun Mar 25, 2012 2:08 pm » by Sumonht1990

My Qur'an is free for you. You are welcome. Know Islam. You will never be distressed or disappointed. Of course you should know the real Islam.

Initiate

PostSun Mar 25, 2012 3:01 pm » by Debunkerace

sumonht1990 wrote:My Qur'an is free for you. You are welcome. Know Islam. You will never be distressed or disappointed. Of course you should know the real Islam.

http://quran.com/4/34
QURAN 4:34
"Men are in charge of women by [right of] what Allah has given one over the other and what they spend [for maintenance] from their wealth. So righteous women are devoutly obedient, guarding in [the husband's] absence what Allah would have them guard. But those [wives] from whom you fear arrogance - [first] advise them; [then if they persist], forsake them in bed; and [finally], strike them. But if they obey you [once more], seek no means against them. Indeed, Allah is ever Exalted and Grand."

[youtube]iWGA8i6scYY&feature=player_embedded#[/youtube]
:nails:
Face what you think you believe and you will be surprised.

PostSun Mar 25, 2012 5:53 pm » by Lubbalubba

Hello disclosers, in my humble opinion there is no joy in the knowing, only in the learning and discovering.

Good wishes and peace to all.

Writer

PostSun Mar 25, 2012 6:43 pm » by Blacktooth

ive wondered about this for years
some people turn to religion :badair:
some just give up :|
and some just get on with it :flop:
others are just plain evil and dont give a fuck :ugeek:

now we have come to an age of computers we are not much different from that
we are like biological computers

we all crave input
we all have viruses
we can all be rebooted well most have
we can commnicate with each other
and im sure thers much more we have in common with the circuit board
then again i could be talking bollocks :cheers:

only the individual can decide
peace
QUANTUM PHYSICS WHAT A BUZZ

Conspirator

PostSun Mar 25, 2012 6:49 pm » by Zer0

The body you currently reside in is a suit used for your conciseness to experience the material world, it is kinda like wearing those 3D googles that they released in Japan, wearing them allows you to see the virtual world trough the eyes of your Avatar, but you are not your Avatar, it merely serves to represent you. Do not get too attached to your body, your body is already dead. As for the purpose of this experiment you call "existence", there is none, ALL only seeks to experience, and as with all other experiments, the results are unknown until the experiment is over and a report has been formulated.
Master Raphael wrote:what you call the law of attraction was missing a vital aspect to the theory that I call the law of repulsion ...it is clear I drove the two of you together...using my repulsion not attraction

Previous