Why Can't We Walk Straight?

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 6:23 pm » by Phoenix rising

There are a lot of variables to consider here, one being we are not perfect, the blindfolded experiment is only what one could expect, without a fixed point our senses get cut of and there is no point of reference which to adhere to, I particularly don't find the blindfolded experiment a mystery to be honest, did one really expect that we would walk completely straight while blindfolded, the only mystery about it is the fact that it was fought of as a mystery in the first place.

Obviously when not in a blindfolded state other factors come into play, you take a point of reference away, say for instance you were in the north pole where all you could see was flat lands then surely ones own body, weight and balance would play a role as surely would the inner ear equilibrium, which is as everyone knows how we maintain balance, if the equilibrium is offset this would also be a factor

Upload to Disclose.tv

Upload to Disclose.tv

We live a one directional life in an omnidirectional existence

Conspirator

PostSat Dec 08, 2012 11:34 pm » by Webcat

Vodka.

I know its why I can't walk straight.

Simple really.

:cheers:

Conspirator

PostSun Dec 09, 2012 1:12 am » by Evildweeb

Webcat wrote:Vodka.

Simple really.

I'll goddam drink to that :flop:

:hic:

I am not a Conspiracy Theorist - I AM AN ORGANIZED CRIME INVESTIGATOR

Writer

PostSun Dec 09, 2012 1:13 am » by Fingolfin

Simple really.

Thats the best reply yet!!!

the reason is the lefty/righty thing-- which ever side you favor the muscles are greater and dominate.

I remember this from years ago, cant find any supporting research but maybe it is hidden because somebody needs a new research grant from the Grubmint to tell us why!

form a article: comments section

These are many of the same lessons I learned in U.S. Army survival courses nearly 50 years ago. Right handed people walk in right handed circles of about 1.5 miles in circumference, while left handed people walk in left handed circles. Also, an upright stake in the ground makes an damned good compass.

link
http://www.usnews.com/science/articles/2009/08/21/how-to-walk-in-circles-without-really-trying

Writer

PostSun Dec 09, 2012 1:20 am » by masteruniverse

your all forgetting 1 major point that everyone doesnt say or they forgets , your spinning but your also traveling out at high speed, out into the outer reaches of the universe , theres 2 motions.

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 10, 2012 12:30 am » by Toxic32

Simple really.

Hickkk. I'm wiiiiith you. Great vid by the way
Invictus maneo

Previous