Why can't we walk through walls, doors etc?

Conspirator

PostTue Jan 22, 2013 8:53 pm » by Webcat

Woven wrote:Can't help but be reminded of "Men who stare at goats". Excellent thread. Thanks for sharing.

Loved George in that film.........or any of his others! :love:

I sure there's a lot of females who would love to collide with his fermions...............

:sunny:

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 23, 2013 4:56 pm » by Webcat

Chatting with a couple of normal* friends about this stuff, one came up with a good idea, so good that I was tempted to steal it and claim it was my own! :oops:

Imagine a wall of ICE, you cannot pass through it without an ice-axe, but if you apply heat, it will become WATER and if you hold your breath long enough you may swim through it. But if apply enough heat it will turn to STEAM and simply disappear allowing you to pass freely - hence you walk through the wall.

We know that sound effects water, I wonder what "heat" would effect the fermions?

:think:

*'Normal' means that they ROFL when I told them I had joined a conspiracy web site, they now think I'm a bit odd!

:cheers:

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 26, 2013 4:45 pm » by Webcat

Just found this interesting article, and it appears quite relevant to this topic! :flop:

The mad Chinese are experimenting with walking through walls!!!! :shock:

Scientists in China were able to make a "false wall" in an incredible demonstration of illusion optics.

Find out why you shouldn't believe your eyes anymore, thanks to physics.

China has been in the business of building walls for a long, long time. Recently, they've added a new twist on an old plan. Instead of going to all the trouble of building a wall, they're not building a wall and making people think they had. The wall, in this case, is pretty small. Most people wouldn't notice the entire construction site.

However, it's the first time such a thing has been done, and so even if the wall is tiny, it's remarkable.

Whilst, basically, it's an elaborate optical illusion, I thought it would fit here nicely without starting another thread.

Source: http://io9.com/5714033/the-technology-that-will-one-day-let-us-walk-through-walls

:cheers:

Previous