Why can't we walk through walls, doors etc?

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 3:59 pm » by Webcat

Why can't we walk through walls, doors etc?

Well basically, we organic and so is the door or droping to basic particle and relativty explanations, this is the answer:

Then the electron was discovered, and particle physics was born. Through the mathematics of quantum mechanics and experimental observation, it was deduced that all known particles fell into one of two classes: bosons or fermions. Bosons are particles that transmit forces. Many bosons can occupy the same state at the same time. This is not true for fermions, only one fermion can occupy a given state at a given time, and this is why fermions are the particles that make up matter. This is why solids can't pass through one another, why we can't walk through walls -- because of Pauli repulsion -- the inability of fermions (matter) to share the same space the way bosons (forces) can.

Now I found that really interesting, that 'bosons' can pass through solid matter unhindered (ie they can occupy the same space/time cube?), whilst poor old 'fermions' are restrained and make up the solid matter bit of existance (confined to their own little bit of time/space?)

Now supping on an after lunch vodka and choccy desert whilst reading about substring, quarks, Einstein and the disco scene of the 70's, I had a step into the 'twilight zone' or the 'vodkie zone' as I like to call it. :scary:

"The ultimate symbol of the duality of man - light and darkness - or bosons and fermions....."

Most religions discuss the 'duality' of mankind, the flesh and the spirit, the body and the soul etc.
What if, in thier old fashioned language and mindset, they were actually taling about the human entity at sub-molecular level. Our organic self cannot walk through walls (because of the fermions - we are matter like them, confined within the 'real' world of existance) But what about them 'bosons' - are they the 'soul' or spirit, and when released (by death?) they can can travel outside of matter?

Do they have the ability to occupy multiple spacetime dimensions and being described as particles that transmit forces this must mean they are 'energy' and we know by classic science that 'energy' cannot be destroyed, it gets changed or manipulated - it's immortal?

"It has an apple in front of a mirror and the reflection is an orange. The idea being that fermions and bosons are as different as proverbial apples and oranges, yet supersymmetry (the mirror) relates them.

So why does this image have two mirrors at right angles and a total of four objects (one real, and three images)? Because it actually depicts a specific kind of supersymmetry that arises in nuclear physics. The symmetry relates the spectra of of four nuclei that differ by one in their number of protons or neutrons. If you like, there are two superymmetries at work; one changes the number of protons by 1, the other changes the number of neutrons by 1. Hence two mirrors."

Is 'life' (existance, reality etc) the mirror, and we're just fermions & bosons spinning about, creating different organic creatures within multiverses, spacetime zones, etc. and which is the 'real' entity and which are the images? Is our life an image of something else's existance? :?:

Maybe that's why ghosts and spirits can move effortlessly through solid matter (solid to us!) they are 'Bosons' changed and manipulated or retaining an outline of the 'fermion' matter that has now gone.

The two finally split (death) and create something new? (a very small big bang?) a new form of 'life' that our human organic brains have no conception of?

I like this quote from the site:

If supersymmetry is detected at next-generation particle physics experiments, then the details of the supersymmetric physics will have something to say, hopefully, about any underlying superstring model and whether there is Kaluza-Klein compactification of extra space dimensions into some tiny rolled up internal space, or whether we are all living in the four dimensional equivalent of being flies stuck on the wall of a higher dimensional Universe.

Which means, at particle level, the possible answer to the duality of mankind, the probable existance of the 'soul', and multi-dimensional existance. Or not!!! :look:

I think I need to lay down for a while........... :mrgreen:

:peep:

http://www.superstringtheory.com/index.html
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boson
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fermion
http://www.myspace.com/darkenedparadox/photos/290690#%7B%22ImageId%22%3A290690%7D
http://www.psyche.com/psyche/cube/cube_metapsychology.html
http://blogphysica.wordpress.com/2006/11/08/links-on-nuclear-supersymmetry/

:cheers:

Initiate

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 4:08 pm » by Spikey

Good post.

Maybe..(just maybe, thinking out loud here) Quantum entanglement, or Einstein's spooky action at a distance may hold the answer to being able to circumvent the fermions matter state.

If fermions are entangled, and one set of them are placed on the opposite side of a wall for example, the entangled set on the other side, would want to do what it's twin is doing....on the opposite side of the wall.

It may allow us a route around the wall, through subspace.

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 7:04 pm » by Webcat

Spikey wrote:Good post.

Maybe..(just maybe, thinking out loud here) Quantum entanglement, or Einstein's spooky action at a distance may hold the answer to being able to circumvent the fermions matter state.

If fermions are entangled, and one set of them are placed on the opposite side of a wall for example, the entangled set on the other side, would want to do what it's twin is doing....on the opposite side of the wall.

It may allow us a route around the wall, through subspace.

'Fermions are entangled' - sounds quite naughty! :lol:

ferimons are matter, we're matter, that's why we can't walk through a wall. I think it was fienberg who came up with 'tachyons' - the main stuff of sci-fi, by the way, having the possibilty to travel faster than light, which would affect 'causality' - its mostly theoretical stuff - but interesting nevertheless.

http://www.superstringtheory.com/basics/basic5.html

I think the way 'around' the wall, it to be part of it.

The 'wall' is our physical reality, our fermions restrained by the need for matter and ant-matter, within the confines of the universe(s) as current science understands them. But the bosons may have the answer, shedding the physically restrained and moving freely to occupy a timespace that is already occupied. We would become 'ghosts' in the wall or beyond.

What would be that reality for us (as a human entity) is anyone's guess.

As explained in the OP, with the mirrors and the fruit - the reality of an image, But which is the real one?

Which side of the wall is the 'real' image, which 'twin' would be the 'real' entity?

Super Moderator

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 7:08 pm » by domdabears

I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 7:13 pm » by Constabul

Super Moderator

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 7:16 pm » by domdabears

Constabul wrote:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Theory can never work.

Just look at the video I posted.

There was no door (to the people who couldn't see it). They still walked into it.

I know this is just a movie, but there are some weird people out there who think stuff like this can work.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 7:22 pm » by Webcat

Constabul wrote:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Yes, almost there.

Is the spoon, (as outlined in the OP) the image, or is Neo the image, or are both images in yet another multiverse?

Is the 'Matrix' a real wall or the image?

Neo and the spoon could be one image constrained within one multiverse, whilst the real image thats being reflected is something completely different?

Those fermions and bosons are little buggers ain't they?

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 7:31 pm » by Webcat

domdabears wrote:
Constabul wrote:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Theory can never work.

Just look at the video I posted.

There was no door (to the people who couldn't see it). They still walked into it.

I know this is just a movie, but there are some weird people out there who think stuff like this can work.

Not a theory, but an idea!

Yes they walked into the door because their ferimons could not occupy the same space/time constrait as the door's ferimons. Simple as that. What's being discussed here, amongst other stuff, are the effects of the other particle - the bosons (that's why the higgs-bosons existance or non-existance is so important to science) for they can apparently occupy the same spacetime as other boson's.

That's where the idea's about the soul, duality of man etc. grew from.

But the vid did make me laugh! Ah, Darwin would have been proud of them! :lol:

Super Moderator

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 7:37 pm » by domdabears

Well, keep practicing.

Maybe one day you'll walk through that wall.
I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 20, 2013 7:43 pm » by Webcat

domdabears wrote:Well, keep practicing.

Maybe one day you'll walk through that wall.

Quite possible if my 'boson's' are free to do so - but that would mean no fermions (So I'd be dead!)

I stay the other side and just talk about it! :mrgreen:

Next