Why did Japan surrender?

Conspirator

PostTue Aug 16, 2011 11:56 pm » by Mozi!!a

Intresting :think:

Sixty-six years ago, we dropped a nuclear bomb on Hiroshima. Now, some historians say that’s not what ended the war.

General Douglas MacArthur, as Supreme Commander of the Allied Forces, accepted the unconditional surrender document signed by the Japanese.

For nearly seven decades, the American public has accepted one version of the events that led to Japan’s surrender. By the middle of 1945, the war in Europe was over, and it was clear that the Japanese could hold no reasonable hope of victory. After years of grueling battle, fighting island to island across the Pacific, Japan’s Navy and Air Force were all but destroyed. The production of materiel was faltering, completely overmatched by American industry, and the Japanese people were starving. A full-scale invasion of Japan itself would mean hundreds of thousands of dead GIs, and, still, the Japanese leadership refused to surrender.

But in early August 66 years ago, America unveiled a terrifying new weapon, dropping atomic bombs on Hiroshima and Nagasaki. In a matter of days, the Japanese submitted, bringing the fighting, finally, to a close.

Read the rest :rtft:
http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas ... ?page=full

Conspirator

PostWed Aug 17, 2011 3:13 am » by Mrmcnuggets

Only read a couple pages, all sounds legitimate. Though right now I see this as something to further fuel the raging fires across the globe between all nations right now. We already know Japan and Russia are pissed at U.S and though the legitimacy seems clear, even though we still have to consider that the nuclear attacks were a majority contributing factor. It's clear to me atleast, this just boasts further arrogance in the U.S in thinking it's structure is more superior than it's allies. Not cool.

The u.s is what is, a complete product of the world. If the world has issues with the us, simply don't allow sweatshops, major cheap industrialization for the corporations to reap the profits, we know this is possible. But uhm, y'all came over here and killed the 12 million inhabitents and created this shit hole. I don't gotta fix shit, I'm all for livin in the trees with my mushrooms n buds no obligations or jobs other than daily necessities.
"There he goes. One of God's own prototypes. A high-powered mutant of some kind never even considered for mass production. Too weird to live, and too rare to die. "

I AM an endangered species.

Upload to Disclose.tv