Why do adults choose to make more life?

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 07, 2011 7:07 pm » by Newearthman

The only logical explanation for adults to choose to make another person is for pure entertainment purposes. I can understand the need for more labour around the farm or company busness and needing someone to hand down your lifes possesions to. The only value we hold is taken away at puberty when we are no longer cute or entertaining for our parents. Once highschool is finished you are usless to your family and your whole life becomes pointless. We find some work, have some wild times and than we are left empty. I believe this is the cataylist for adults making more people. Just to give their own lives meaning and to feel fullfilled. This is selfish so if your an adult that is thinking about deliberatly creating another life on this planet...Think about the real reasons why you feel like you should do this. Is it just for entertainment?

Writer

PostMon Nov 07, 2011 7:26 pm » by Rich4inmd

IMO, it's biology and evolution. Since we're basically pack animals, like wolves, we have an innate need to maintain or increase the size of our pack. This came about by the need to protect ourselves and hunt animals that as individuals we could not defeat. There is strength in numbers so we procreate by nature. I agree that in the modern world there is little or no need have children when we are out-consuming the planet's resources.

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 07, 2011 7:52 pm » by Newearthman

rich4inmd wrote:IMO, it's biology and evolution. Since we're basically pack animals, like wolves, we have an innate need to maintain or increase the size of our pack. This came about by the need to protect ourselves and hunt animals that as individuals we could not defeat. There is strength in numbers so we procreate by nature. I agree that in the modern world there is little or no need have children when we are out-consuming the planet's resources.

Yes and I believe the whole point of being sentiant is to rise above instinct, like having complete control over instinct/emotion. If we are going to advance as a species we have to overcome this hurdle and think past our bodily desires.

I would have a child if I knew I had something to offer it. I would not have a child and expect it to find it's own way in the world. I would have a definate nest egg or haritage to hand over and I would train it to be one with the universe.

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 07, 2011 8:28 pm » by E6722maj

i chose not to

whatever

Super Moderator

PostMon Nov 07, 2011 10:05 pm » by The57ironman

i have not.........but i think that it is something to bring love to our lives (and others')....

perhaps learning love through giving love.....

......animals do it , whether or not they are conscious of it , and give and recieve love through their offspring......
...you know it's autumn in New England
....when you have to run your air conditioning and heat...
in the same day..

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 07, 2011 10:17 pm » by Elnorel

newearthman wrote:Yes and I believe the whole point of being sentiant is to rise above instinct, like having complete control over instinct/emotion. If we are going to advance as a species we have to overcome this hurdle and think past our bodily desires.

I would have a child if I knew I had something to offer it. I would not have a child and expect it to find it's own way in the world. I would have a definate nest egg or haritage to hand over and I would train it to be one with the universe.

Well thank god your genes are turned off and there will be no offspring of your making.

Gotta save the gene pool. :bang;
SKEPTIC - One who instinctively or habitually doubts, questions, disagrees with assertions or generally accepted conclusions.
And tries to prove these assertions/claims with scientific facts.

Conspirator

PostMon Nov 07, 2011 10:38 pm » by Cwmman

elnorel wrote:
newearthman wrote:Yes and I believe the whole point of being sentiant is to rise above instinct, like having complete control over instinct/emotion. If we are going to advance as a species we have to overcome this hurdle and think past our bodily desires.

Well thank god your genes are turned off and there will be no offspring of your making.

I have children and i try to teach them from the mistakes i have made,
sounds easy,
its near impossible,
but i know when they get older they will do the :headscratch: and think " i remember dad saying that......... yeah i remember now "
But will be to late because they will have made the errors to find it out ?
i dont care because they are my children and i didnt `create ` them to help the gene pool, it was out of Love.

BUT WOW...... dont they know how to wind you up !!!!!
and everytime they phone its for wanting something, Kids !!!
You can always count on Americans to do the right thing—
after they’ve tried everything else.
Winston Churchill.

Super Moderator

PostTue Nov 08, 2011 12:35 am » by Slith

To maintain a legacy perhaps. A pride thing maybe. I have two boys, so I know my family name will carry on, although a girl would have been nice too.

Human nature has conditioned us to nurture and to carry on the human race. Many aren't ready to be parents when they become them. Many are.

It's what we do

Canubis wrote:

u fell for my missle tow.....its just a pek..... im perma banned 3 times for fags.... so smooch! it

SMAK ME BITCH on the lips....

xmass is coming hard...

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 08, 2011 2:55 am » by Iamthatiam

Cuz tis Gooooood kid...... :D

"The Heaven's Lights are fed by the energy generated inside the furnaces of Hell; I AM One Conductive Wire! "

Conspirator

PostTue Nov 08, 2011 3:01 am » by Slamgunshark

I think the awesome feeling of sex is to blame for the most part.

but nowdays, I think people reproduce because it happens and they want it, or because most women are marriage and baby crazy, so they feel they must have children.

one thing is for sure though, I would not take my daughter back ever, she is my pride and joy... so maybe perhaps that is what it is about, pride of experience, and experiencing raising another life.

meh........?

Formerly "Epicfailure"

and "JetXVII"

Next