Why do Americans not care anymore

Conspirator

PostSun Feb 22, 2009 10:28 pm » by Dirtyrabbit

Why do Americans not care anymore
America for a while now seems to let politicians control everything and Americans never seem to do anything about it.
If the air conditioning goes out in France for 10 minutes, half the city burns down from riot *yes i know theyve had 5 republics and love revolutions* but still.
What makes French mentality of speaking out so much different than America?? because yes, it is nice to hear people speaking against the stimulus bill such as rick santellie from CNBC, but really, talk is cheap when you yell about it on TV and then go eat a sandwhich for the rest of the day.

click here to read other peoples comments... http://www.abovetopsecret.com/forum/thread439158/pg1

post here your thoughts...

Initiate

PostMon Feb 23, 2009 3:58 am » by Bink02

My personal thought on the subject .... we have become complacent , we don't even care that we don't even care ... our lifestyle has become so accelerated , that we're just putting all of our energy in trying to catch up ,to exist , we don't have time to worry about whats going on in the world, a sort of Akuna Matata attiude... sometimes bad things happen and theres nothing you can do about it , so why worry , but I think that also that the American people also have a "sleeping giant " mentality , we'll take alot of crap ..., but it would just take that one last straw , for us to say " I'm mad as Hell and I'm not going to take it anymore ! " Look at Katrina for an example ... the government turned its back on the people , and the people awoke , 911 , how many private citizens disregarded personal safety to help others . I believe that our core ethic "We The People" still exists , sometimes we just need a big ol' kick in the kiester to get it movin... :flop: :cheers:
Founder of the RLA (Rebel Lemming Alliance ) * We follow no one ...

"People should not fear their governments, governments should fear their people ."

Writer

PostMon Feb 23, 2009 4:26 am » by Dmparker

Your first mistake is watching the "talking heads" on TV. Only the old people in America pay any attention to the TV now for the most part except for the last election. The rest of us use the internet, we use the TV to watch movies on DVD players. We also have a lot of distractions going on. Just trying to make a living is such a hassle now, but most of us know that all this was planned by the fools in power over the years. We are just biding our time waiting for the last little tidbit that really pisses us off. We have to give them enough rope to hang themselves with before we react. On the other hand, about 50% of Americans are dumber than a box of rocks and will never see what's directly in front of them until it slaps them upside the head. Most of the older people fit into this area and trust the government because that's the way they were taught years ago -- do as your are told and don't ask questions. Today, the younger generations don't believe anything the government says and just ignore all the BS but they are somewhat more peaceful than previous generations and want to make change the peaceful way. Hence, it will take more time but may be the best way to do it. Remember, the national media in America are bought and paid for by our government, don't even pay any attention to these fools, walk among us and talk to us to know how we feel or how much we do care.

PostMon Feb 23, 2009 4:54 am » by Humansbecoming

dmparker wrote:Your first mistake is watching the "talking heads" on TV. Only the old people in America pay any attention to the TV now for the most part except for the last election. The rest of us use the internet, we use the TV to watch movies on DVD players. We also have a lot of distractions going on. Just trying to make a living is such a hassle now, but most of us know that all this was planned by the fools in power over the years. We are just biding our time waiting for the last little tidbit that really pisses us off. We have to give them enough rope to hang themselves with before we react. On the other hand, about 50% of Americans are dumber than a box of rocks and will never see what's directly in front of them until it slaps them upside the head. Most of the older people fit into this area and trust the government because that's the way they were taught years ago -- do as your are told and don't ask questions. Today, the younger generations don't believe anything the government says and just ignore all the BS but they are somewhat more peaceful than previous generations and want to make change the peaceful way. Hence, it will take more time but may be the best way to do it. Remember, the national media in America are bought and paid for by our government, don't even pay any attention to these fools, walk among us and talk to us to know how we feel or how much we do care.

schoolboy who hates old americans and the shit he and every other sees on tv :flop:

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 23, 2009 8:55 am » by Clawspiracy

By all means, get your news in any way that you can. TV, Newspapers, Internet, Word of Mouth... But the most important thing you have is your voice! Be heard.

Don't trust the government? Tell them!

Don't believe Fox News? Tell them!

If you just sit on the sidelines nothing changes. In fact, everything they do hinges on you not doing anything about it. Don't wait until the lights go out and the soldiers are beating down your door. Beat on their doors now!

-- My2Cents
It's a Clawspiracy...

PostMon Feb 23, 2009 9:05 am » by Hesop

Whats your definition of old Dmparker?

Did you bring a shovel ?

Conspirator

PostMon Feb 23, 2009 3:54 pm » by Towelie

I think more Americans(and a lot more) than Brits do seem to care and are aware of whats going on in the world today, the majority of people here just havent got a clue in regards to most of the things discussed here.
Kill em all and let god sort them out!

Atheism is a non-prohet organisation.

PostTue Feb 24, 2009 5:14 am » by Hesop

I've been trying to tell younger folks about crap that isn't right, for some time. Since it's been getting worse all along, and they all flunked History, and don't care about it, it's hard for them to grasp. They have been pampered way too long. Most never had a really hard job, like the ones I grew up with as a teenager. At a gas station at the age of 16, I pumped gas, washed windows,checked the air in tires, checked oil, changed oil, did tune ups, fixed and changed tires. Today, they sit on their ass behind a counter watching TV until you come up to pay, and complain if they have to go outside and fill the towels, or stock shelves. I have never seen a generation so intent on sitting on their ass, even when the weather is beautiful outside. Their definition of doing something, again, is sitting on their ass in front of the computer.
But people here do care, and their are several people in 2 state capitals that know my name. From me riding their ass, trying to get them off of theirs and do something. Here's a website to watch. It is GROWING. Lets hope in the right direction.

http://www.mrstep.com/politics/az-wa-mo-nh-ok-claiming-sovereignty/

Initiate

PostTue Feb 24, 2009 5:22 am » by lainn

It's symptomatic of the succesion in the conditioning.....desensitization....it a technique i use when training dolphins. i remember watching all those people starve and die in Ethiopia....it was televised....and after a while we just changed the channel...and so did everyone else....now today it happens more often....the one thing that completes us as human is being erased....our empathy.

Conspirator

PostTue Feb 24, 2009 10:36 am » by Rizze

You aren't getting sleepy but you are hypnotized!
The Story of How Your TV uses Self Hypnosis To Program Your Mind!
Self hypnosis and the state of trance are not limited to a clinical environment nor only induced by the skills of an experienced hypnotist. In fact from our earliest times to the modern day there have been skilled story tellers who have weaved mysterious tales, parables and antidotes with fact, fiction and symbolism to not only entertain the listener but to also enlighten them and change their patterns of thought, beliefs and emotions. In a similar manner Ericksonian and modern self hypnosis techniques do the same thing only they do it at a much deeper level of mind!
Even a child's story is written in a way to create a state of self hypnosis by catching the child's imagination and telling an important story.
As adults we often use books to create states of self hypnosis. However, by far the biggest hypnotist of them all is television. Movies use the principles of self hypnosis to capture their audience's imagination. In fact if they did not then they would be useless as a form of entertainment and escapism!
TV hypnotizes you! Don't believe me? Well, if you did not enter a state of self hypnosis while watching a movie, for example, it would not be entertaining. You must believe that what is happening is real and that it is happening to real people in order to experience the emotions connected to the on-screen events. You temporarily suspend your disbelief and internally connect to the story. In order to do this you must enter a light state of trance!
Likewise, a good movie will not only cause a state of self hypnosis(Isnt that what we want when watching a movie? but it will evoke specific emotional responses from us when we watch it.
Marketing executives use the principles of self hypnosis when they create commercials. They take advantage of the fact that the viewer is already in a light state of trance and then use images and words to create specific emotions which they then link to their products!
Advertisers also use another powerful technique that is simple but highly effective when used in conjunction with self hypnosis - it is repetition! Combining repetition with self hypnosis allows marketers to take any jingle or phrase, connect it to their product and easily implant it into the subconscious mind of the viewer.
To illustrate the point see how many of these advertising slogans you can complete: Nike, "Just .. it!"; Coca Cola, "It's the …. thing.; Kellogg's Coco Pops Snap! Crackle! …!".
Another powerful example of self hypnosis on TV is MacDonald's commercials with their famous jingle at the end. How many people have you heard singing "I'm loving it", or recited it in your own head, even though it is no longer used in their advertisements?
Television creates states of self hypnosis! As you focus on the TV set and the ensuing drama you temporarily disengage from your surroundings. This state of relaxed focus is known as the alpha state as your brainwaves are displaying an alpha pattern. While in the alpha state you are extremely susceptible to suggestions!
The repetition of the commercials, usually shown after related television programs, combined with the alpha state means the advertisers messages seeps directly into the subconscious mind where it is stored and easily retrieved.
I hope you can now see that indeed you have been guided into self hypnosis by your TV

"don't watch tv unless you are tortured into doing so"
You will become a vegetable in no time,My kids aged 15 and 12 have learned by example,not to watch adverts or silly and rather pathetic soaps.They do watch Movies though,I think that's fine it's just escapism for them and me also.
I am glad that they can see through the :censored: that is on TV, also that they have woken up years before I ever did.

http://ufomaniacs.blogspot.com/
http://tiny.cc/Rizzesearch
"The greatest things on earth are us,supposedly.
Why don't we act accordingly, with humanity" Rizze