Why doesn't the moon spin...odd and revealing

Initiate

PostMon Feb 01, 2010 12:12 am » by Methaneslurpee

aquarius wrote:It could be a defense mechanism/shield for an immense solar flare that is inevitable.

They say that Jupiter is our shield for asteroids and the like.

If that were the case, it would be interesting that the moon would only protect a small area of the explosed planet earth at any given time.
IN GOD WE RUST

Initiate

PostMon Feb 01, 2010 1:16 am » by Undaunted

some things are better left unknown.
Enjoy the ride...

Writer

PostMon Feb 01, 2010 8:49 am » by Disclosure26

Moon is an artificial satellite? Just googled it and can't find anything. :) Personally, I feel it is a natural satellite. Why on earth should someone set an artificial satellite in motion around the Earth?

Initiate

PostMon Feb 01, 2010 11:10 pm » by Trenker

methaneslurpee wrote:
trenker wrote:I remember as a kid I thought "What an amazing coincidence that the moon rotates at exactly the same rate as it orbits the earth - this has to be unnatural". Even today I still can't completely follow the tidal explanation so I'm basically having to take some mathematician's word for it.

Mathematicians and physicists don't have an aswer for the tides. What confuses many people is why there is a high tide on the earth, on the side opposite from the moon (called a distal tide). Most of us can visualize the high tide closest to the moon, but have a hard time grasping any explanation for the far tide. Goofy people try to give goofy reasons for it. But, it remains a serious scientific question.

The answer appears to be based on an alternative understanding of gravity. If you look at gravity as simply electrical attraction between bodies, it explains several things:

1. distal tides (well, tides in general)
2. lightning (arcing)
3. magnetic fields in spinning bodies (such as the earth, the sun, other planets, etc.)
4. electrical current in the ground of spining planets in the east-west vector
5. possibly "anti-gravity"

and so on...

Hey that's interesting, thanks.

Initiate

PostThu Feb 04, 2010 6:25 am » by Methaneslurpee

No problem.

And pay close attention to Item #4...probably the easiest and most direct way to extract unlimited power from the environment, anywhere on earth.
IN GOD WE RUST

Previous