Why don't people want to know the truth

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 25, 2009 2:21 am » by Heinousone

There is only ever one real Truth. The issue is that people have a hard time accepting they don't actually know the truth because that means admitting a deficiency as well as then having to face making changes in their personal lives that they do not really want to make.

Master Conspirator

PostWed Nov 25, 2009 2:28 am » by Cornbread714

heinousone wrote:There is only ever one real Truth. The issue is that people have a hard time accepting they don't actually know the truth because that means admitting a deficiency as well as then having to face making changes in their personal lives that they do not really want to make.

:bang; Goddam, how much of this bullshit can one forum take? Tell me the Truth!
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 25, 2009 2:37 am » by Heinousone

cornbread714 wrote:
heinousone wrote:There is only ever one real Truth. The issue is that people have a hard time accepting they don't actually know the truth because that means admitting a deficiency as well as then having to face making changes in their personal lives that they do not really want to make.

So, you think that in any situation there is more then one Truth? No, there is more then one opinion and perspective of the Truth but the Truth remains the same. The problem is perspective.

Initiate

PostWed Nov 25, 2009 3:01 am » by lainn

There is no truth...because the word is multi faceted and as plural as the word love....which is another thing we deny....there is only knowing and we are all in a state that we have forgoten just like there's no such thing as death....all of it is a lie that we've only mastered beleif....we beleive this is all real and this truth we search for is exactly what beleif infers which is doubt....we're doubting what we know....'truly'...in my perception.

But isn't that what it ends up boiling down to....eaches truth only being a individual perception and all are different with seperation being measurable by nano bits in the memory of each individual perception of a particular occurance or moment...

PostWed Nov 25, 2009 3:02 am » by Paradigmshift

heinousone wrote:
cornbread714 wrote:

So, you think that in any situation there is more then one Truth? No, there is more then one opinion and perspective of the Truth but the Truth remains the same. The problem is perspective.

Exactly. For example, if you take the history of past civilisation that went to war against each other you will always find the story written by the conquering one. The losers will always be portrayed as the bad guys.

Master Conspirator

PostWed Nov 25, 2009 3:04 am » by Cornbread714

heinousone wrote:
cornbread714 wrote:

Then what use is your truth if we all perceive it differently?

How in the fuck can you say anything about it?

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 25, 2009 3:08 am » by Heinousone

cornbread714 wrote:

Because hopefully if we bring our different perspectives together in a respectful manner perhaps we can get closer to perceiving the actual Truth rather then our own personal perceptions of truth.

Before anyone says it, yes I know I have alot to work on in that regard myself.

Master Conspirator

PostWed Nov 25, 2009 3:11 am » by Cornbread714

heinousone wrote:
cornbread714 wrote:

Because hopefully if we bring our different perspectives together in a respectful manner perhaps we can get closer to perceiving the actual Truth rather then our own personal perceptions of truth.

Sorry if I don't buy the idea of an objective truth. Maybe I studied too much philosophy or maybe I've just lived too long. :sunny:

Conspirator

PostWed Nov 25, 2009 3:15 am » by Heinousone

cornbread714 wrote:
heinousone wrote:
cornbread714 wrote:

Sorry if I don't buy the idea of an objective truth. Maybe I studied too much philosophy or maybe I've just lived too long. :sunny:

Your perspective and opinion are just as important as mine. Atleast we can disagree amiably. I certainly do not know what "The Truth" is in any case, ever. Perhaps that means you are correct. It is my belief though that there is actually a true answer to the big questions that humans debate and argue about. It is also quite possible that the True answer to such questions is some combination of the beliefs that opposing sides hold on to.

Initiate

PostWed Nov 25, 2009 7:17 am » by Cryptillian

truth is not reality

truth is merely what you have chosen to believe

i laugh at people who call themselves "truthseekers"

truth is not something that can be sought
the harder you look the quieter it whispers

truth is only something that can be found by not looking
or to put it more clearly: as soon as you find "a truth" you usually stop looking right :flop:
Yahweh is the moon .....setting on a fallen sun

PreviousNext