Why don't people want to know the truth

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 342
Joined: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:13 am

PostTue Dec 08, 2009 1:12 pm » by Liberal


Most people, though they will fail to admit it, have an issue with control. Truth is beyond control, it is indisputable, uninterpretable, irrefutable, and resistant to all attempts to shape, manipulate, or reconstruct.

Our minds, on the other hand, are disproportionately abstract and self serving; therefor, any absolute that is contrary to our belief system is disconcerting. Truth is seldom self serving, so it leaves humans with a characteristic bad taste in our mouths.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1036
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:54 pm

PostWed Dec 09, 2009 8:28 pm » by Ogmios


cornbread714 wrote:
heinousone wrote:
cornbread714 wrote:
Then what use is your truth if we all perceive it differently?

How in the fuck can you say anything about it?


Because hopefully if we bring our different perspectives together in a respectful manner perhaps we can get closer to perceiving the actual Truth rather then our own personal perceptions of truth.

Before anyone says it, yes I know I have alot to work on in that regard myself.


Sorry if I don't buy the idea of an objective truth. Maybe I studied too much philosophy or maybe I've just lived too long. :sunny:


I think there has to be such a thing as objective truth. Either you scratched the paintwork on your neighbour's car or you didn't. The subjective part comes in when your neighbour blames the guy across the street; or when his insurance company blames him and he has to pay his excess. The fact remains: only one truth can exist.

What's why it's wrong for people to nail their colours to the mast and buy into a particular version of the truth. We all do it but that doesn't make it right.
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 10609
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:11 pm

PostWed Dec 09, 2009 8:48 pm » by Cornbread714


ogmios wrote:
I think there has to be such a thing as objective truth. Either you scratched the paintwork on your neighbour's car or you didn't. The subjective part comes in when your neighbour blames the guy across the street; or when his insurance company blames him and he has to pay his excess. The fact remains: only one truth can exist.

What's why it's wrong for people to nail their colours to the mast and buy into a particular version of the truth. We all do it but that doesn't make it right.


I swear I never touched my neighbor's car :D
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1036
Joined: Sat Mar 14, 2009 4:54 pm

PostWed Dec 09, 2009 8:50 pm » by Ogmios


Someone did it to mine a while ago and I'm still raging about it. I'd like to get a hold of the truth and beat him to death with it.
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

User avatar
Posts: 2661
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:09 am

PostWed Dec 09, 2009 9:03 pm » by Hesop


There could be some misconception here.
Everyone has a core set of values/beliefs. It is important for security. Some of these values may be based on information that simply is not correct. That doesn't make it truth, or truth believed. It simply means an individual hard-wired the belief into his/her security net.
A person only relates these beliefs as truth as a means of defense, protection of them. Just like any addict will have ways of hiding and protecting their addiction.

Sure, that makes the line fuzzy. But what in human nature isn't?
Image

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 10609
Joined: Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:11 pm

PostWed Dec 09, 2009 9:14 pm » by Cornbread714


It seems to me that the only truth that exists is based on an individual's perception. There is no arbitrary 'observer' that can determine and record each occurrence in a never-ending flux of time and space, and even if there were, how would we access it?

OK, so you saw someone that looked like me scratch your car - prove it. :sunny:
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

User avatar
Posts: 2661
Joined: Fri Mar 14, 2008 9:09 am

PostWed Dec 09, 2009 9:50 pm » by Hesop


cornbread714 wrote:It seems to me that the only truth that exists is based on an individual's perception. There is no arbitrary 'observer' that can determine and record each occurrence in a never-ending flux of time and space, and even if there were, how would we access it?

OK, so you saw someone that looked like me scratch your car - prove it. :sunny:


Ha ha!
Quasi particles record all!!

Now if I can just find my Panasonic Quasi player....................................arrggghh!
Image

Initiate
Posts: 502
Joined: Thu May 07, 2009 11:38 pm

PostWed Dec 09, 2009 11:00 pm » by Lisakitty


Most people don't want to hear the truth, because they would rather act like a child by putting their fingers in their ears and saying, LA-LA-LA-LA, so that they can still try to pretend that everything is going to go back to the way that it was, before the bubbles started to burst.

NEWS FLASH: It will never go back to the way that it was before, because we were living in a falsified economy, at that time.

The government is broke ... and the middle class is crumbling, right before our very eyes.

WAKE UP NOW BEFORE IT IS TOO LATE!!!

P.S. Remember people .... there is safety in numbers, so the more the merrier.

Initiate
Posts: 562
Joined: Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:21 pm

PostWed Dec 09, 2009 11:34 pm » by Knownawareness


Many people search for the truth but just on the surface. What I mean by this is the main concern is working out what the governments are doing to you or what they plan to do or what they have actually done to us already. Many people have such strong views that some reflect the parts in their own life that need care and attention. We are all here on this site because we have been drawn together. If we take down all the walls of pride and glory and who is right or wrong. We are all still in this together and we are not controlling the strings. Searching on the surface for right and wrong is fine up until a certain point. Becoming aware of the deeper side to life the inside of your being, this is where true mystery remains. We are told for so long to focus on what is outside always dividing ourselves and views and races. Dont sleep watch the board etc. The truth can be felt and their is always something different about it, this I mean when many people feel are affected by the words or statements, information that resonates with a part of you once forgotten.

Finding out that you are not in control this is your first truth.
Finding out that you are the only one who can change your life and perception of it is your second.
Finding out that all the answers are locked within you is the third truth.

Hardest lesson in all this you get what you actually want in life through your thoughts and actions and emotions.

If you are " No way thats not true, I cant see anything " then thats what you will get. To see nothing is what you truely want.

Remember: Free will is Your divine right

You have the right to know
You also have the right to not know

Dont force what people need to know they will find it on their own. Tell them if they ask.

You will be given the key once you find the door.
You will find the door once you begin looking.
You will begin looking once you see there is actually a door to unlock.

From a song:

Knock and the door will open.
Seek and you will find.
Ask and you will be given
the key to this world of mine.

Someone found the door................may you all.

Initiate
Posts: 939
Joined: Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:32 am

PostFri Dec 18, 2009 12:26 am » by lainn


why????

are they afraid?

do we perfer our thinking to be done for us?

has the evolutonary Prussian educationl system have us all under its spell and completely locked into a Euogenic furtitive endevor?

are we being prepared for something we're unaware of and oblivious to?

are we just more comfotable with not knowing that we control our fate?

is it because our collective fate is unimportant due to our firm beliefs in our seprtism?

.................................................why don't people care to know the truth?


PreviousNext

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook