Why don't people want to know the truth

Initiate

PostSat Oct 17, 2009 8:14 am » by Darkangle2bad

Why don't people want to know the truth
Because it might force them to make a change or changes they aren't willing to make. They have settled pretty comfortably on an [arranged] truth which would allow them to maintain their old mindset upon which they have always functioned and they won't accept anything that could alter that. So as far as they're concerned there's no other truth than the one they have embraced. Is it Because the truth usually destroys our desired reality and points out our natural shortcomings and faults or because the truth may force people to take a look at themselves which they don't want to see or acknowledge. Maybe because truth is sometimes too hard to handle or they can't handle the truth it means they might have to change. Me no idea, I much prefer the truth. Of course, you can tell the truth diplomatically. It should never be used as a weapon. It is better to know so one might have a fighting chance.

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 17, 2009 9:24 am » by Newearthman

Not only do I not know the truth but I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did!

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 17, 2009 9:34 am » by Mep630

This is a good question, but for some reason the truth usually pisses people off, lol.

Truth hurts?!
:headscratch:

If you help the Oppressors, eventually you and your family will be oppressed.

www.mind-wars.com

Initiate

PostSat Oct 17, 2009 9:42 am » by Humanbeing

newearthman wrote:Not only do I not know the truth but I wouldn't know what to do about it if I did!

this is quite true! :flop: good thing is though, Since I opened my eyes and started learning the "truth" (or at least learning the lies) the people around me have noticed a difference in me. And from what they say its not a bad thing. they've told me that I am more open with the things that I talk about, and the more that i learn, the more that that i tell people, and trust me, I tell people all the different sides of the fucked up stuff we talk about here on DTV, so there is no one side, its up to them to decide what they want to believe.
the best part is, is that the more i know (or think i know :headscratch: ), the more interesting and intense my conversations get (thanks all for the info!!) and the more they seem to pay attention. Now, attention aint what i'm looking for, at all, but friends and family are now starting to sit down and watch and read the things that we are trying to figure out.
i guess that in the end, all i'm saying is that we here at dtv, and many other sites/groups are doing the right thing. and in my personal experience, those who you would never think to even give what we are trying to figure out the time of day, are all ears. :cheers:

we might not know the truth, but we still know they're lying.

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 17, 2009 9:45 am » by Newearthman

Wise words my friend...I agree :flop:

jetxvii

PostSat Oct 17, 2009 9:47 am » by jetxvii

this is why:

He who knows not, and knows not that he knows not, is a fool - shun him.

He who knows not, and knows that he knows not, is a child - teach him.

He who knows, and knows not that he knows, is asleep - wake him.

He who knows, and knows that he knows, is a wise man - follow him.

Steve Austin 3:16.....LOL J/K

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 17, 2009 10:22 am » by Darrylmckay

darkangle2bad wrote:Why don't people want to know the truth
Because it might force them to make a change or changes they aren't willing to make. They have settled pretty comfortably on an [arranged] truth which would allow them to maintain their old mindset upon which they have always functioned and they won't accept anything that could alter that. So as far as they're concerned there's no other truth than the one they have embraced. Is it Because the truth usually destroys our desired reality and points out our natural shortcomings and faults or because the truth may force people to take a look at themselves which they don't want to see or acknowledge. Maybe because truth is sometimes too hard to handle or they can't handle the truth it means they might have to change. Me no idea, I much prefer the truth. Of course, you can tell the truth diplomatically. It should never be used as a weapon. It is better to know so one might have a fighting chance.

Because the "truth" as with everything else is subjective, your "truth" and mine may be different.

Two people can look at the same evidence and come to completely different conclusions due to thier own mindsets, it dosnt make someone "alseep" it just means they have a different mindset from you.
I will respect your beliefs*, I will research your beliefs, but dont expect me to believe.
* disclaimer-user makes no commitment to live up to this claim

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 17, 2009 10:53 am » by Hansom

The truth is unbelievable.
In Lak'ech

May the force be with you, always.

Conspirator

PostSat Oct 17, 2009 11:20 am » by Ogmios

Because the "truth" as with everything else is subjective, your "truth" and mine may be different.

I was going to say the very same thing. The objective truth,ot "real" truth, must exist - that is, something definitely happenned in an exact way. The problem is we are often too caught up in our own ideas to see it. A funny example is the football foul. People on either side of the stadium, wearing different coloured scarves see an incident from opposite perspectives. What's even funnier is that some of them end up pubs later on knocking lumps out of each other.
"God is a concept by which we measure our pain"
John Lennon

Master Conspirator

PostSat Oct 17, 2009 11:59 am » by Cornbread714

YOU CAN'T HANDLE THE TRUTH!!
Where's the beer and when do I get paid?
- Jimmy Carl Black (the Indian of the group)

Next