Why haven't we gone back to the moon?

Writer

PostTue Jan 18, 2011 11:07 pm » by georgethebear

disclosealiens wrote:Tell me what you think, dont even respond if you have anything negative to say.

The reason they have not gone back is, when they got there they could not land in the crater that was marked for landing, because someone else was already there. The astronauts witnessed three huge saucer shaped crafts and one of the crafts rose up to investigate them. One of them (the astronauts, i think it was Buzz Aldrin?), took a photo of it. They took the encounter as a warning and returned to earth. I think that is why they faked the landing on the moon because they sure aint gonna tell you why they could not land.

Initiate

PostTue Jan 18, 2011 11:11 pm » by evesmedusa

disclosealiens wrote:Tell me what you think, dont even respond if you have anything negative to say.

Well, I will endevour to be 'positive' and say: Money - Unless, the US accepts partners with serious finance and technical ability (say China, Russia or Japan at a guess) Then a 'return' by humanity to the moon may have to wait.

Also, TPTB may have a manned mission to Mars in mind, and that would really consume the NASA budget.

Eve.
The most courageous act is still to think for yourself, aloud.
Coco Chanel.

Initiate

PostWed Jan 19, 2011 1:02 am » by Charashc

Are you asking why didn't they make another studio video? "Back 2 the Moon"?

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 19, 2011 1:15 am » by Newdawnrising

It was and still is a stupid idea to go poking around on such an object that has such a connection the Earth. I mean we have pretty much destroyed Earth with greed an ignorance, so why push our luck any further? Besides we have already detonated a rocket on the thing to supposedly find something that we should have already known about, water.
I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man, sometimes they have some really good ideas.

Initiate

PostWed Jan 19, 2011 1:36 am » by Eltorito

Simple, they got a parking ticket first time around.. and they have not paid. :P

No, seriously;

NASA hat two Saturn 5 Rockets ready build for the next missions and scraped them because of money?

That's like me buying two new Porsches, and scrap them because I can't find the money for Fuel. :bang;

odd...

Super Moderator

PostWed Jan 19, 2011 3:49 am » by -Marduk-

letz admit it

today with our MODERN technology we are NOT being able to go back. Currently itz not possible to reinvent the 60´s technology. Itz like to build a gigantic gothic cathedral today. NOT GONNA HAPPEN coz the knowledge to build such things is lost for good. Yeah we have the old plans and our technology has evolved since the last drop on the moon but sometimes the high technology of today just couldnt do it. It has become far more vulnerable due the influence of space.

Sometimes im thinkin that the technology of the sixties was exactly appropriate for such a complex mission like Saturn V.

just sayin
:cheers:
________________________________________________________________________________
-= PREDESTINATION: Itz hard to be ze good guy when you turn into a fucking gun =-

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 19, 2011 9:47 am » by Chrisfryfyi

that gets u thinkin duck! :cheers:

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 19, 2011 10:04 am » by E6722maj

this interesting tidbit about the saturn V is from a book i'm reading, 'moondust' by andrew smith;

' it contained close to six million parts, meaning that, even with NASA's astounding 99.9 per cent reliability target, roughly 6,000 things could be epected to go wrong on a good flight. Yet the Saturn V never failed, nor looked like failing when it mattered and it doesn't take a genius to understand that something very like genius was at work here.'

genius, or impossibly good luck... :think:

:alien:
whatever

Conspirator

PostWed Jan 19, 2011 10:06 am » by Chrisfryfyi

What! 6000 things went wrong !!!!!! flipin eck i would shit my self i was in space and ONE thing went wrong..
those guys must of had alot of toilet paper
"i hope thats shepards pie in my pants"

Initiate

PostWed Jan 19, 2011 11:23 am » by Sentientseed

This is a bit off topic and possibly deserves it own thread but I don't usually start threads much anywhere.

When reading things like this and delving into the science of things like this...I have some general knowledge but not any serious knowledge. I am more of a creative/imaginative type of person in that sense. Although much science interests me even when getting deeper into it...eventually the technical aspect of it all becomes dry and boring for some reason or other. Kinda like spending a while reading instructions to put something together. I prefer just diving in, picturing the thing in my mind as complete, and putting it together based on my own instincts and imaging. When reading the diagrams and instructions, I become bored and annoyed. They are bland, monotonous, and many times misleading, confusing, poorly done, and outright wrong. So why waste the time..right? lol Still, on occasion I have to revert to the dreaded manual instructional reading.

Many times I will look at some more complex science/math in the same light. I get bored due to what seems the bland/stale way it is presented. So I end up reading enough to get me interested and sometimes extremely so...then it starts to fall off quickly. So I am usually left with a reasonable understanding...but then also left with a lot of child like questions because I didn't pursue the information further.

I look at the moon thing in a similar way. I know about the radiation, the conspiracies, the supposed true stories about going there, and a bit of the technical, political, and other info...but not enough to come up with a truly satisfying answer for myself as to why we did or didn't go back, or did or didn't go there in the first place. Most of it is peering through a glass darkly.

I have read/have a few books on haarp. They have technical info in them...yet I mostly remember the fantastical side concerning such and the technical stuff just evaporates out of my head into the atmosphere it seems. lol

So it brings up child-like questions in my mind...such as...if we are punching holes in things with haarp, rockets, or even pcbs through the ozone ...why then does does this excess supposed global warming/CO2 in the atmosphere not escape out into space. Is the element to heavy to leave through the hole created? I realize the holes created by haarp may reseal and all but is there not still ozone holes? If solar radiation can come in...then why cannot CO2 bleed off through such. Is it trapped by the higher layers due to thin air or some other thing....such as if you were under water and were able to blow a hole straight up---things could fall in but not go out without an extremely long ladder or something to propel you out? Why not punch holes in Venus's atmosphere and let off a little heat and pressure? lol See...silly questions I am sure.

Then I read things like ....the space station and sats orbit in the thermosphere where it can reach temps up near 2000 degrees. But then I read somewhere else they reside in the exosphere where its cold. Then I read...well...the exosphere is in the thermoshere..etc, etc. So without digging deeper...more odd and silly questions...and some relating to our ability to go visit or send probes to other planets.... such as Venus.

Also...I always find myself questioning on a childlike scale other things I have heard concerning the same or similar thing. Such as...I read that most commercial jets fly in the stratosphere...yet few clouds can form there. Then questions come creeping into my mind about the chemtrail/contrail debate. :)

So...I see a lot of this in my own mind when it comes to things like the moon. I know just enough on many different views to be able to pose what seems like odd or silly questions but not enough to really feel any sorta of certainty in my speculations. So all I can do is speculate and even more probable...look childlike and silly in doing such. Now I figure I have probably read the technical data concerning all the above things I mentioned...but like I said earlier...it becomes so boring for me...it just evaporates out of my head or stays hidden in some deep brain storage layer that gets locked out due to never wanting to experience that boring dull technical data again. lol

I do much better with abstract, creative, imaginative things....but still can end up in that same boat....yet in these areas....even the absurd doesn't take as big of a negative hit as it would on the other side of the brain. So I prefer bordering on absurdity---which is why I hang out and comment a lot more in the religion/sprituality, philosophy, psychology, etc...type of threads . :D
"There is more than just one answer to these questions pointing me in a crooked line. The less I seek my source for some definite...the closer I am to fine!"~Indigo girls

PreviousNext