Why I am not a Christian

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 14, 2010 6:40 pm » by Raphael

So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.

The objections to religion are of two sorts - intellectual and moral. The intellectual objection is that there is no reason to suppose any religion true; the moral objection is that religious precepts date from a time when men were more cruel than they are and therefore tend to perpetuate inhumanities which the moral conscience of the age would otherwise outgrow.

I say quite deliberately that the Christian religion, as organized in its churches, has been and still is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world.

Bertrand Russell

Upload to Disclose.tv

:nails: listen to all 4 parts
.....and then ask how Bertrand Russel was responsible for helping me connect Einstein's idea of SpaceTime to the swastika. :flop:

namaste
ImageImage

Swasti-KEY to Universal MovEMEnt to the ocean of E motion

Super Moderator

PostSat Aug 14, 2010 6:54 pm » by Spock

Interesting. A position from people that over-think the simple message and still enjoy casting themselves as the pinnacle of intellectualism.

PostSat Aug 14, 2010 6:59 pm » by Likeitornot

The grade of this blog is not even intellect.

Initiate

PostSat Aug 14, 2010 7:00 pm » by Glenn

raphael wrote:So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.

The objections to religion are of two sorts - intellectual and moral. The intellectual objection is that there is no reason to suppose any religion true; the moral objection is that religious precepts date from a time when men were more cruel than they are and therefore tend to perpetuate inhumanities which the moral conscience of the age would otherwise outgrow.

I say quite deliberately that the Christian religion, as organized in its churches, has been and still is the principal enemy of moral progress in the world.

Bertrand Russell

Upload to Disclose.tv

:nails: listen to all 4 parts
.....and then ask how Bertrand Russel was responsible for helping me connect Einstein's idea of SpaceTime to the swastika. :flop:

namaste

otoel wrote:The books "Swirly Twirly Swastika and Beyond" by Raphael and the book "Words from Old Soul" will never see the light of day...

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 14, 2010 7:06 pm » by Pindz

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 14, 2010 7:33 pm » by Edgarrothstein

But Raphael, you have to understand that the propagation of something as religiously as you do with your (well, not just yours...) swastika theory, can be boring as much as Christianity itself :D

And as far as Christian religion goes, well...there's yet to be proved if God exists or not. The scientific approach would be not to dismiss any theory.

Personally, i believe (i know, actually, but it's to early to tell...) that there's something higher, in human sense of the word, than just the God or the Nature that is responsible for The Creation.

And it is not Aliens.

And pindz... :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Disclosing bullshitters since 1969.

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 15, 2010 12:10 pm » by Raphael

edgarrothstein wrote:But Raphael, you have to understand that the propagation of something as religiously as you do with your (well, not just yours...) swastika theory, can be boring as much as Christianity itself :D

So you are not interested in how the swastika is a symbol of Space Time?
But edgar you HAVE to understand a theory of everything can be like that...after a few thousand years, folks want a change.

swastika has been around for 12,000 years.
I guess it got boring.

edgarrothstein wrote:And as far as Christian religion goes, well...there's yet to be proved if God exists or not. The scientific approach would be not to dismiss any theory.

So you are interested in how the science and religion can be reconciled using the swastika?

edgarrothstein wrote:Personally, i believe (i know, actually, but it's to early to tell...) that there's something higher, in human sense of the word, than just the God or the Nature that is responsible for The Creation.

wow such a statement
don't go too far out on the limb with that one....
:clapper:
ImageImage

Swasti-KEY to Universal MovEMEnt to the ocean of E motion

Initiate

PostSun Aug 15, 2010 12:18 pm » by Jax40

Being someone that has a Master's and (considering Ph.d). Conversley been involved with an array of cults and new age crap.... the list goes on. I do 100% accept that Jesus is Lord and only through him we can be saved. However I can agree that 'man-made' religous structures are negative...That does not stop my belief. Even Jesus was pissed off with temples and high priest for treating the temple like they did. It's about faith and it's about the heart of man. Intellegence is subjective anyway!

Conspirator

PostSun Aug 15, 2010 12:50 pm » by Mediasorcerer

oh-here we fukin go,
nothing like a religious thread to get all the nutters popping out of the woodwork.
if you are relying on jesus to save you instead of having some guts and doing the hard work yourself,you are going to have a real shock when you pass over to the other sides,
you dont really know what the fuk jesus really said,thought or did,all you have is shit youve been told,by other second hand,ancient and quite possibly wrong written testimonies from third parties,yeh,no wonder you need"faith",
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do

Initiate

PostSun Aug 15, 2010 1:07 pm » by Jax40

The term 'Nutter' could be a word used for members who use this whole site anyway! Yes I read lot's and I don't alway's agree with it..But hey that's just cool. I have always worked hard and will continue to do so.

Yes 'faith' is something that is important too me. I have not seen a reptile, I have not seen a UFO, I have not seen a grey.... but I know in my heart that these things are around us..... Like the bible, people that post vid's, publish books are not 100% correct either. I guess for me its about my gut feeling.. Maybe that is faith to me....!!!!

Next