Why is Cleverness Frowned Upon? the Dumbing Down of Children

Initiate

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 7:45 am » by Stratafire

I have to refrain from teaching a younger generation how to think outside of the box, I have to refrain from teaching them 3D/4D/5D mathematical concepts of thinking, processing, logical and analytical thinking...

I can no more teach them how to quantify infinity, then I could how to add, subtract, multiply, and divide zero, or how to design, and build an "infinity generator" for personal usage..

It not possible to teach them, because to do so, will cause them greater harm then good in a scholastic setting, I had a friends nephew say that he learned in school that day, that all atoms are "static" devoid of movement, that they do not "jump" from one free electron space to another, and that there is no "orbital" pattern to an atom... after not only his grandfather told him different (after we quit laughing that is) and I finished affirming his grandfathers knowledge, I asked him to do one simple thing.. "Ask your teacher what a positron is" .. he did, the teacher did not have an answer for him (other then to deflect it as unimportant and not worth studying, yeah.. tell THAT to NASA lol! )

I could teach a child a mathematical concept, that is unavoidable, irrefutable, and logically adaptive, and sound in operation, conclusions, and repeatability... but to do so, will cause the child, to become as "capable" as a PHD'ed, 30 year tenured, graduate Professor, to the point, that the next year, the child would surpass the PHD's of the world in reliability, and capabilities in mathematics, and applications..

Problem is, I cannot teach a child that goes to public or private school these methodologies, because it would cause them to "wake up" and never follow the acceptable "doctrine" of societies way of thinking, which in turn, leads to parents "suing" me for not following doctrine..

I teach people on a personal bases (for now) and have had 100% success rate, no matter the age (I still experiment with different classes of people, which is still a running experiment BTW)..

Cleverness is frowned upon, because it leads to Independent thought, actions, and abilities, it allows those that do "clever things" to break the bonds that bind ones mind into a single mold of "serfdom" designed by those that seek to control others.. it is part of the "balance" that is being attempted to remove from society, because "clever people" are unpredictable, and therefore "uncontrollable".. they are part of what those that seek to control fear "independence"..

Initiate

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 7:49 am » by Samael

I am a victim of the sorry state that schools are in, with no praise for intellect and only worship of hard work and keeping the blinders on. Schools now are designed to get you ready for a life of no questioning, just sitting at a desk and doing busy work with your brain carefully sedated via lack of constructive thought. I have 0 desire in this world when I left behind most of my teachers and became more knowledgeable about most of the information they tried to not teach you. I got in trouble for asking questions and refusing to do busy work.

Homeschooling is really the only choice now, a lot of teachers I spoke to when I went to alternative education were very real with me about the state of the world and education. It is too bureaucratically minded and with no child left behind and other state testing its all about keeping the grades up the funding higher and removing any real knowledge from schools.
A Poison of, or A Remedy for
The end never justify the means.
eliakim wrote:In the top right hand corner where my Spirit unicorn used to appear

eliakim wrote: Abba spoke and he said he would cut off the penis of Islam.

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 8:04 am » by Iwanci

This all depends on your own interpretation of cleverness. Intelligence, knowledge , cleverness all related but all different in my opinion. People show these in different ways, what society does is tell us to conform to norms, eg, if you do this test and you receive 99% you are more intelligent than someone who scores 60%. WRONG yet this is what we do.

Children (I have 3 of them) show their intelligence, cleverness and knowledge in different ways just as all humans do. It is the way the adult deals with the various displays that will help shape the child into the adult. My 3 children are all clever, intelligent and knowledgeable but yet all in different ways. I do not and in fact cannot treat the situations in the same manner.

Not to mention that we all have different cognitive abilities, biases, predispositions, egos and so many other influencing factors that make the whole debate virtually insurmountable. The ‘tall poppy syndrome’s alive and well in society, it’s ok to heap blame and disgust when the wrong behaviours are exhibited but not to heap too much praise when the good behaviours are displayed.
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 8:06 am » by Iwanci

For my part treat everyone as individuals and expect the best from them in the way they are able to show it. Look at always encouraging the good behaviours and nurture the fact that they are different beings. Standards set at a social level are benchmarks only and at the end of the day amount to not much really.
Fortes fortuna iuvat

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 12:37 pm » by Mediasorcerer

so stupids the new clever,

critical thinking,short supply.
with the power of soul,anything is possible
with the power of you,anything that you wanna do

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 9:40 pm » by 99socks

http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 10:04 pm » by Newdawnrising

The system has been broken for decades, it is near it's end. It was a one big systematic lie, imo if knowledge is power, then the system has held it back from the grand majority. We have not just been dumbed down, we have been controlled, and the grip has increased little by little. Right now we are in the information age, yet the information available is being tainted, by the same system who rules our childrens future with an iron fist. So how do we over come these obsticles? Well i have started by getting rid of the video games and the TV. I also question what is being taught to my child, at ever PTC. It is time we the parents take back the control of our childrens futures. The schools have way too much say into what our children learn, and how they are pushed to do so. It must start in the municipalities. :sunny:
I know the voices in my head aren't real, but man, sometimes they have some really good ideas.

Conspirator

PostThu Feb 17, 2011 3:21 am » by Eliakim

newdawnrising wrote:The system has been broken for decades, it is near it's end. It was a one big systematic lie, imo if knowledge is power, then the system has held it back from the grand majority. We have not just been dumbed down, we have been controlled, and the grip has increased little by little. Right now we are in the information age, yet the information available is being tainted, by the same system who rules our childrens future with an iron fist. So how do we over come these obsticles? Well i have started by getting rid of the video games and the TV. I also question what is being taught to my child, at ever PTC. It is time we the parents take back the control of our childrens futures. The schools have way too much say into what our children learn, and how they are pushed to do so. It must start in the municipalities. :sunny:

Indeed.

Good song...

Upload to Disclose.tv

Previous