Why is Cleverness Frowned Upon? the Dumbing Down of Children

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 4:42 am » by Eliakim

School children like to be like their peers and if you have very clever children then its best to see if you can get them a scholarship in an upgraded school.

Self-esteem is completely different to pride.

Pride can come from achievement if there is no self-esteem in place. Hence, the public school boys and military have pride.

Self-esteem is about LOVE and loving the self. Now many parents do shower their children in love. However, many children are not showered in love due to having to parents working to make ends meet.

Self-esteem and empathy are essential qualities that are part of their natural talents. If self-esteem is not in place. It co-creates teenage preganacies and a lot more besides. A child without high self esteem will allow the education system to bully them into taking career paths that is against their hearts desires and dreams. That then co-creates depressed youth and degree students, all because the governments decide they require more of this or that.

English is also an essential and I have advocated concentration on the three R's since my son started school a couple of decades ago. When I was a child we also had handwriting classes and I am blessed to write in italics due to that. Our English teacher also taught us italics in addition to the classics. Awesome!

One of the problems is that children are not learning how to WRITE in their own hand due to the use of computers at home and in school.

Sports are essential for good health. So is Music, Drama and Art because not all children are academic.

One can access the natural talents of a child by the age of seven. IMHV, these natural talents should be developed and the individuality of the child should be allowed to flourish.

So instead of upper, middle and lower streams there should be different streams appropriate for different natural talents.

Humanity have to start meeting the heart of essentials of the children, and not demand that the children meet the aspirations of parents, teachers or governments.

It is essential that parents come to know that they are only the guardians of the soul and that soul is not your possession or the governments of the day.

ELIAKIM

Initiate

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 5:21 am » by Animus131

What does that say about a world where it's cool to be dumb, and uncool to be smart.

I work with people who are some of the more ignorant people I've ever met. They pride themselves on being the opposite of me.

Everyone knows about something... right? Whether it be a personal interest, hobby, sports, movies, whatever... SOMETHING.

Apparently not. These guys don't know anything about anything. Ok a little bit about this and that but they have no intrests. Just no knowledge beyond the basics

They say I know 'everything about nothing'. Well, I just take that as an admission to them not knowing shit about anything.

I'm a wierdo to them, because I know a lot of random facts or just about random stuff in general. I don't consider myself especially smart by any means. But these guys are actually opposed to learning. Like WTF kind of way to live is that.

I guess what they are is the archetypal example of what some call 'sheeple'
If rain brings wind of change, let it rain on us forever

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 5:44 am » by Eliakim

As far as sex education in schools is concerned I have never ever agreed with it because children develop different emotionally, some mature emotionally faster than others. IMHV it is not appropriate for education to treat all children the same, in the same way as its not appropriate for the NHS to treat everyone the same. We are not machines.

Every child is UNIQUE.

Children and people are not products that can be packaged on a conveyor belt with a bar code, then sent out in truck loads to the workplace all competing for the same opportunities.

In my view, governments should butt out with the academics.

Stop telling teachers what to do and allow them to do their jobs without interference. Allow teachers to enhance their own natural talents by allowing them to teach and be pro-active and responsive to the children put into their care.

Allow schools and their staff to rise or fall on their merits.

Sex education contravenes privacy and governments and schools should get out of the personal lives of the people. If it is important to educationalists then provide a training course for parents on sex education and how it could be applied.

If I had my time again, I would send my son to a private school in junior years and let him go to state school for the senior years. At that time, I took the advice of professional teachers from both sectors and followed it.

Then when I found out how far behind he was, the local private school wouldn't take him to bring him up to speed.

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 6:09 am » by Eliakim

Basically governments and their consultant academics don't trust the natural flow of the cosmos. As such they try to control and organize it decades in advance. That then provides them with an overflow of students to choose from and loads of graduates that can't get jobs in their chosen field of work relating to their degrees.

This is what they've been doing at least since the 80's.

80's = Engineers
90's = Scientists
00 = Social Sciences

This decade its Human Sciences/Human Rights and I heard that teachers who are retraining to teach it are getting a pay rise.
Last edited by Eliakim on Wed Feb 16, 2011 6:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 6:12 am » by 99socks

eliakim wrote:Basically governments and their consultant academics don't trust the natural flow of the cosmos. As such they try to control and organize it decades in advance.

This is what they've been doing at least since the 80's.

80's = Engineers
90's = Scientists
00 = Social Sciences

This decade its Human Sciences/Human Rights and I heard that teachers who are retraining to teach it are getting a pay rise.

Yeah, but who will? I went into a teaching program a few years ago, and after looking at the state exam (Texas) for middle school social studies, there was no way in hell I was going to teach the lies that were in the curriculum. Just because "they" want to boost social studies in schools doesn't mean that kids will actually learn real history and geography.
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 6:31 am » by Eliakim

Indeed Socks and it reminds me of a massive EU grant that was given to Spain to build a college for goat farming. You should've this amazing place, marble floors, stainless kitchens, computer rooms, dorms, surrounding lands etc etc.

It stood empty for a couple of years. The children didn't wish to be goat farmers and cheese makers. In the end they rented it out to a commercial enterprise for a peppercorn rent to save face and the embarrassment of wasting so much EU money. Clearly, whoever managed to get that EU money had not done any research and we are talking millions.

It would have made an incredible eco/complimentary medicine college.

Going back to the teaching, they're having real difficulty recruiting teachers in the UK at the moment. They were even running a scheme paying teachers to train.

My hunch is that its because education in 20 years from now, will not exist in the way that people have known it.

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 6:46 am » by Eliakim

Also governments have made agreements on cutting emissions, they have handed out their marching orders in the UK to the local councils and housing associations and builders etc.
However, it did not occur to them that there are no eco builders, or teachers of eco building, or appropriate college courses to meet the demand.

The children are willing and have been ready to learn for ten years.

Where are the teachers of self-sustainability? Why are the eco warriors keeping the children waiting?

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 6:47 am » by 99socks

eliakim wrote:
Where are the teachers of self-sustainability?

Unemployed, and unable to pay the $5,000 it costs for the 3 to 5 day training (I know, a friend tried....).
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Conspirator

PostWed Feb 16, 2011 7:06 am » by Eliakim

99socks wrote:
eliakim wrote:
Where are the teachers of self-sustainability?

Unemployed, and unable to pay the $5,000 it costs for the 3 to 5 day training (I know, a friend tried....).

If he already knows his stuff why doesn't he just start teaching those that can afford to pay him? Michael Reynolds (USA) as got his architects license back now. Maybe its worth having a chat with him and/or Robert from Angels Nest.

Spiritual teachers didn't require government qualifications. They just started teaching when they felt confident that they could teach their subject.

AM as been working with the teachers of self-sustainability for five years.

Next