Why is the Muslim world so easily offended?

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 4959
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:45 pm

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 7:59 pm » by Phaeton


Spock wrote:Why is the Muslim world and Phaeton, so easily offended?



:D

Thats funny. Not true, as is your earmark, but very funny.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"


Upload to Disclose.tv


Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 1096
Joined: Sun Sep 16, 2012 1:21 pm
Location: "In life's litter tray......"

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 9:25 pm » by Webcat


Poooooot wrote:
Paradise Jones wrote:But I have to err on the side of 'lowsix' with a simple remark he made:
(but she made the dtv mistake of attempting to elaborate on the SOURCE to an audience that really isnt sincere about the issue...just being cute to score points and earn high-fives and such [and yes, i saw you delete that]

That's the problem right there, multiple postings of issues by people who really don't care about the subject except to raise their post value and be seen. I cannot understand that, I joined DTV because I thought I would learn something from people who cared about what they commented on.


Was this directed at me?! Please tell me that was not directed at me. :censored:


ETA
Someone better hold my earrings!
Image
:lol:


It wasn't directed at anyone in particular, just a general observation. Lowsix's quote came in handy. That's all.

:cheers:
Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 7400
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:09 pm

PostWed Sep 19, 2012 11:29 pm » by Mozi!!a


:flop:
PPL asked me what Type of Religion i have,
i said How Many Gods Are there.
- Mesa Selimovic

Conspirator
Posts: 1777
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 2:21 pm

PostThu Sep 20, 2012 2:09 am » by Nihilgeist


Phaeton wrote:
Webhead wrote:well you know what i mean flags bible burning its all to do with us, and now even poor old abama effigy,s are going up in smoke.

as for religion its all cock ,and i have no interest in it , this is why i say all religion must go or we will always be animals and will never get to a higher state.



Thats funny, I think the absolute opposite is true. Without religion, we will lower ourselves to 'the strong shall survive', lose ethics and morals. There is no afterlife, there is no judgement. Live life to the fullest, no matter how many backs you need to walk over. Concentration to the Self. Serving the Self instaed of serving others. Youalready see this happening in the Atheistic centres o/t world. Altruism is a nono.

Without religion, we will in fact be animals. We will believe we came from ape's, Darwinism.

Can you not see our enemy attacking religion? creating extremism for us to react ther way you do?

Open your eyes man. What do you truely know of religion lest what you see on the tube?

Open some books sometime, stop basing your opinion on what they feed you through that little black box.

Dont believe the hype. Truth is in the margin, not the masses. You should know this.

[Disclaimer: I was an Atheist myself, just so you know. Im not nor was I ever some indoctrinated religious nut. I identified the efforts of my enemy against [Abrahamic] religion, and started paying attention to it because of that. As should you, meaning; actually read the teachings, scripture - then form your opinion. Turn off the TV, it will save you. The TV is the true Weapon of Mass Destruction of our age.]


You know, for someone that doesn't like broad sweeping generalizations, you sure love to pigeonhole atheists as a happy bunch. Just because you were previously an Atheist and apparently felt that way about Darwinism doesn't mean every Atheist out there is even remotely close to dumbing it down to the simplistic notion of "Without God, we're just animals, so let's embrace our animalistic behavior from eons past!" That's pretty simplistic and stupid coming from someone like you.

While a level of self-awareness, consciousness, and compassion is present in various animals evidently, none of them have it to the extent that we do. The fact that we can look at another human being and empathize with them and say, "Hey I wouldn't want that happening to me, so I won't do it to them" is all the fundamental separation we need to show we're not 'animals' and don't need to follow Darwinism, or rather, natures ability to survive. We have the ability to thrive, and not just survive.

Now from my experience people have a hard time embracing that, or twist the thriving by ensuring only they and their family or themselves thrive while others merely survive, at some level most of us are guilty of that as there are a multitude of children and people dying everyday while the rest of us go about our lives, so from a cynical and bitter point of view I constantly blare from the rooftops that that's the way the world works, whether people are religious or non-religious, it's in our inherent nature from our past. That doesn't mean that humanity can't choose to change its ways (if you actually believe we're not just following our sub-consciousness anyways).

You sight whatever atheistic societies or leadership as source of your argument, whether it be current secular western powers or the communist centers of the past and present, but you totally disregard the corrupted political machinations these governments use in order to stay in power and benefit themselves that you so highly like to sight within your own arguments for Islam. You of all people who like to site the manipulation and control of people through the lack of education, yet you site atheism and the 'bad that it brings' as the big boogeyman that is inescapably around the corner lest we have religion in our lives.

If this is the primary reason for you to believe in a god and religious values because you believe humanity is lost without them, you're an even bigger nihilist than me.
Five Finger Death Punch
"I'd rather you hate me, for everything I am than ever love me, for something that I'm not."

Lowsix wrote:Seriously dude..you're trash.
Always have been.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 4959
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:45 pm

PostThu Sep 20, 2012 6:27 pm » by Phaeton


Nihilgeist wrote:
Phaeton wrote:
Webhead wrote:well you know what i mean flags bible burning its all to do with us, and now even poor old abama effigy,s are going up in smoke.

as for religion its all cock ,and i have no interest in it , this is why i say all religion must go or we will always be animals and will never get to a higher state.



Thats funny, I think the absolute opposite is true. Without religion, we will lower ourselves to 'the strong shall survive', lose ethics and morals. There is no afterlife, there is no judgement. Live life to the fullest, no matter how many backs you need to walk over. Concentration to the Self. Serving the Self instaed of serving others. Youalready see this happening in the Atheistic centres o/t world. Altruism is a nono.

Without religion, we will in fact be animals. We will believe we came from ape's, Darwinism.

Can you not see our enemy attacking religion? creating extremism for us to react ther way you do?

Open your eyes man. What do you truely know of religion lest what you see on the tube?

Open some books sometime, stop basing your opinion on what they feed you through that little black box.

Dont believe the hype. Truth is in the margin, not the masses. You should know this.

[Disclaimer: I was an Atheist myself, just so you know. Im not nor was I ever some indoctrinated religious nut. I identified the efforts of my enemy against [Abrahamic] religion, and started paying attention to it because of that. As should you, meaning; actually read the teachings, scripture - then form your opinion. Turn off the TV, it will save you. The TV is the true Weapon of Mass Destruction of our age.]


You know, for someone that doesn't like broad sweeping generalizations, you sure love to pigeonhole atheists as a happy bunch. Just because you were previously an Atheist and apparently felt that way about Darwinism doesn't mean every Atheist out there is even remotely close to dumbing it down to the simplistic notion of "Without God, we're just animals, so let's embrace our animalistic behavior from eons past!" That's pretty simplistic and stupid coming from someone like you.

While a level of self-awareness, consciousness, and compassion is present in various animals evidently, none of them have it to the extent that we do. The fact that we can look at another human being and empathize with them and say, "Hey I wouldn't want that happening to me, so I won't do it to them" is all the fundamental separation we need to show we're not 'animals' and don't need to follow Darwinism, or rather, natures ability to survive. We have the ability to thrive, and not just survive.

Now from my experience people have a hard time embracing that, or twist the thriving by ensuring only they and their family or themselves thrive while others merely survive, at some level most of us are guilty of that as there are a multitude of children and people dying everyday while the rest of us go about our lives, so from a cynical and bitter point of view I constantly blare from the rooftops that that's the way the world works, whether people are religious or non-religious, it's in our inherent nature from our past. That doesn't mean that humanity can't choose to change its ways (if you actually believe we're not just following our sub-consciousness anyways).

You sight whatever atheistic societies or leadership as source of your argument, whether it be current secular western powers or the communist centers of the past and present, but you totally disregard the corrupted political machinations these governments use in order to stay in power and benefit themselves that you so highly like to sight within your own arguments for Islam. You of all people who like to site the manipulation and control of people through the lack of education, yet you site atheism and the 'bad that it brings' as the big boogeyman that is inescapably around the corner lest we have religion in our lives.

If this is the primary reason for you to believe in a god and religious values because you believe humanity is lost without them, you're an even bigger nihilist than me.



??!

Either its becuase I havent had enough sleep, or because you have made your point so very diffuse - I find it very hard to identify your central point[s] in this piece of txt.

Where did I state all the bad comes from Atheism? I merely reacted to a member stating religion will demote us all to animals. To which I replied in the way I did - which is rather straightforward imo.

Religion isnt the one that states Man equals animal [lest maybe a certain interpretation of the Talmud > 'Goy' > animal, which is not part of the Abrahamic tree in my view].

Its quite clearly the Atheist platform that facilitates that notion, where Darwins theory is on of the best examples of an Atheistic theory that attempts to prove such.

I didnt mean Atheism is some sort of active evil cult, I meant Atheism is a step towards further loss of the safeguards that are present in the Abrahamic faiths. Thats not to say that the extremist elements do not do exactly thesame [lose ethics and morals], it is to say that if everybody accepts the Atheist school of thought, the concepts best described as 'do bad, and bad things will come to you in the afterlife' will be adhered to by nobody. Life will be regarded as a single instance, a game, a sort of virtual reality - where 'get what you can get' will be the main goal. No repercussions. This is my opinion.



PS. colorful sig you have there, very nice.

:cheers:
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"


Upload to Disclose.tv


Member
Posts: 6
Joined: Thu Sep 20, 2012 7:25 pm

PostThu Sep 20, 2012 7:28 pm » by BobbahFett


DEATH TO AMERICA,lol.
The muslims are fuckin crazy balls!

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 4959
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:45 pm

PostThu Sep 20, 2012 7:38 pm » by Phaeton


First post..

..And you produce that.



DontBelieveTheHype.


'Muslims' are just like me and you.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"


Upload to Disclose.tv


Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 7327
Joined: Tue Jan 04, 2011 4:05 pm
Location: ON A GIF: HUNT

PostFri Sep 21, 2012 12:54 am » by Fatdogmendoza


Phaeton wrote:First post..

..And you produce that.



DontBelieveTheHype.


'Muslims' are just like me and you.



Thats not quite true mate, it depends who you and me are... I dont take a pastiche on a character who believed in a fictional supreme being as anything more than satirical...I am not a fanaticist...didnt you mean 'some muslims'

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 4959
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:45 pm

PostFri Sep 21, 2012 6:53 pm » by Phaeton


Fatdogmendoza wrote:
Phaeton wrote:First post..

..And you produce that.



DontBelieveTheHype.


'Muslims' are just like me and you.



Thats not quite true mate, it depends who you and me are... I dont take a pastiche on a character who believed in a fictional supreme being as anything more than satirical...I am not a fanaticist...didnt you mean 'some muslims'


No you have your own personal beliefs. Does that make you different, better, worse than 'Muslims'? Hellno.

Thats my point. Im tired of people categorizing Muslims as some crazed cultish group of people.
Tired of the complete and utter conditioned polarisation.

Muslims are just like me and you Fatdog. Exactly like you and me.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"


Upload to Disclose.tv


Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2244
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:56 am

PostSun Sep 23, 2012 1:59 am » by Iwanci


Why is it that religious people are all the 'same' and all peaceful until something / someone disagrees with their religion?

Religion (imo) is another great discriminator. It is a tool used to control people (in god and bad) and an excuse used to encite whatever attrocity is deemed appropriate in that context.

I am NOT singling out Muslims, NO! I am putting ALL religions into the same category here. They serve a purpose but have a nasty by-product called 'hatred'. Love only those we tell you to love, or love everyone until we tell you it is ok to hate them.

I am also not saying that 'belief' is bad, on the contrary, the human species has come this far and will continue to progress due to its ability to believe and hope. Belief is a great human attribute. Religion is the commoditisation of the belief system, it is a business and a weapon of control.

Believe whatever you like, but do not allow your beliefs to be contained within the parameters of religious dogma.


That is my opinion.
Fortes fortuna iuvat


PreviousNext

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook