Why is the Muslim world so easily offended?

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 16, 2012 4:49 pm » by Mozi!!a

Phaeton wrote:
Webhead wrote:well you know what i mean flags bible burning its all to do with us, and now even poor old abama effigy,s are going up in smoke.

as for religion its all cock ,and i have no interest in it , this is why i say all religion must go or we will always be animals and will never get to a higher state.

Thats funny, I think the absolute opposite is true. Without religion, we will lower ourselves to 'the strong shall survive', lose ethics and morals. There is no afterlife, there is no judgement. Live life to the fullest, no matter how many backs you need to walk over. Concentration to the Self. Serving the Self instaed of serving others. Youalready see this happening in the Atheistic centres o/t world. Altruism is a nono.

Without religion, we will in fact be animals. We will believe we came from ape's, Darwinism.

Can you not see our enemy attacking religion? creating extremism for us to react ther way you do?

Open your eyes man. What do you truely know of religion lest what you see on the tube?

Open some books sometime, stop basing your opinion on what they feed you through that little black box.

Dont believe the hype. Truth is in the margin, not the masses. You should know this.

[Disclaimer: I was an Atheist myself, just so you know. Im not nor was I ever some indoctrinated religious nut. I identified the efforts of my enemy against [Abrahamic] religion, and started paying attention to it because of that. As should you, meaning; actually read the teachings, scripture - then form your opinion. Turn off the TV, it will save you. The TV is the true Weapon of Mass Destruction of our age.]

-no Master P We Dont Need Religion To tell us about Values Positive things and all the good stuff.
We All Know Them. we just have to remember them when Needed.

We all Tell Oure selfs We Are Good. But When It Comes To Beeing Good. We Act Like Bitches and Forget
the Values And All the Good Things. THATS THE BIG TEST :flop:

Cheers :cheers:

PostSun Sep 16, 2012 5:00 pm » by Logic Anreason

I am offended by this!

Upload to Disclose.tv

And we're the infidels? :shock:

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 16, 2012 5:28 pm » by Phaeton

Demobe wrote:
Phaeton wrote:
Webhead wrote:well you know what i mean flags bible burning its all to do with us, and now even poor old abama effigy,s are going up in smoke.

as for religion its all cock ,and i have no interest in it , this is why i say all religion must go or we will always be animals and will never get to a higher state.

Thats funny, I think the absolute opposite is true. Without religion, we will lower ourselves to 'the strong shall survive', lose ethics and morals. There is no afterlife, there is no judgement. Live life to the fullest, no matter how many backs you need to walk over. Concentration to the Self. Serving the Self instaed of serving others. Youalready see this happening in the Atheistic centres o/t world. Altruism is a nono.

Without religion, we will in fact be animals. We will believe we came from ape's, Darwinism.

Can you not see our enemy attacking religion? creating extremism for us to react ther way you do?

Open your eyes man. What do you truely know of religion lest what you see on the tube?

Open some books sometime, stop basing your opinion on what they feed you through that little black box.

Dont believe the hype. Truth is in the margin, not the masses. You should know this.

[Disclaimer: I was an Atheist myself, just so you know. Im not nor was I ever some indoctrinated religious nut. I identified the efforts of my enemy against [Abrahamic] religion, and started paying attention to it because of that. As should you, meaning; actually read the teachings, scripture - then form your opinion. Turn off the TV, it will save you. The TV is the true Weapon of Mass Destruction of our age.]

-no Master P We Dont Need Religion To tell us about Values Positive things and all the good stuff.
We All Know Them. we just have to remember them when Needed.

We all Tell Oure selfs We Are Good. But When It Comes To Beeing Good. We Act Like Bitches and Forget
the Values And All the Good Things. THATS THE BIG TEST :flop:

Cheers :cheers:

I know people can behave good without religion Demobe. But I also know how groups of people can be swayed into acting immorally on account of group pressure. The concepts of religion would act as a safeguard against that. If you think you will be punished for your actions when its all said and done, karma, afterlife, judgement day, whichever you choose to abide by, you will think twice when potentially hurting others - even if the group you want to belong to is doing so.

Having said that, this is also true in extremist religious groups. These people are convinced by such a group that killing others in a non self defence situation will get them a special place in the hereafter. Which is total bs ofcourse. But those people are just as much religious as anti religious Atheists are.
They either cannot read, have not read, or are told what to read [using scripture as an encyclopedia like Islam opposers do "look, this verse says so and so, it must be EVIL", never even attempting to grasp the whole message, or even the context in which verses arise].

Anyone who actually read scripture would know that to kill others in a non self defence situation is a dire crime which will be payed back in spades. So when dealing with these sort of people, you are dealing with misguided individuals who do not have the ability to understand the message.

It is therefor not surprising that certain 'religious hyrarchies' will try to keep scripture to themselves, so they can 'explain' it to their followers. To keep their followers illiterate and therefor unable to truely understand even snippets of it. Victims, in other words, just like the Catholics were [and are] misled by their hyrarchy, 'priesthood'.

Then you have the sort that are very literate and well aware of the lies they seed. These people are often related to political entities which use such priests to further their political goals. Like again, the Roman Catholic Church.

So when I talk of religion, I talk of scripture and the teachings it holds. I do not mean organised forms of religion, with its priesthood hyrarchy, dogma and centralized interpretations. Its a complex matter, I know, and I do feel where you are coming from.

Cheers
:cheers:
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 16, 2012 6:08 pm » by Constabul

Phaeton wrote:Thats funny, I think the absolute opposite is true. Without religion, we will lower ourselves to 'the strong shall survive', lose ethics and morals. There is no afterlife, there is no judgement. Live life to the fullest, no matter how many backs you need to walk over. Concentration to the Self. Serving the Self instaed of serving others. Youalready see this happening in the Atheistic centres o/t world. Altruism is a nono.

Problem is, it is 'the strong shall survive' even in a world where the majority of peoples believe in some higher being. There is no basis in which for you to have a 'learned opinion' as to claim it would be that way in a religious-less world, or society. Remember, a Lack of and suppression of, are two different things. While morals and ethics can come about from religious interaction it is not the only source, nor the the only conveyer of 'Good' morals or ethics. So while your written word/logic might sound good to you, it is not accurate. No one can claim there is or isn't an afterlife, and arguing it is a futile pursuit it is a matter of faith in which people determine how to struggle with the conception of the finality of death.

As to judgement, people who claim to be judgmental-less are the worse for being judgmental, it will never be something that is absent from the human experience. Hardly a result of a world or culture w/o religion. Again no basis in which to make this claim, more to the contrary.

In regard to a higher being 'passing' judgement ergo a fear mechanism to force/scare people into being moral or ethical? Really? I get the impression that is where you were really going in that comment but, this being the basis in which people abide by moral standards is a weak lame position. Not one I subscribe to, and in my humble opinion if you can not make the right decisions and be goodly without fear of reprisal by some unseen force your parents did you a disservice and you are not really a good contribution to the human species. Those who operate from the premise of, I have yearnings to do this act, but I am keeping myself in check due to a higher beings judgement in my action. Will eventually bend and break that standard to later seek 'forgiveness' after the fact. This is a directive to excuse actions, behavior or thought, with the all loving forgiveness of a God to later absolve such actions.

In fact we are animals with religious culture surrounding us. Darwinism has nothing to do with it, other then it seems to be something that threatens your perceptions.

Lack of education creates extremism, not some unseen enemies of religion.

Tv or media projections of a situation falls back to the last sentence.

Claiming to have insight over another in regard to religious understanding or education is a slippery slope. Generally leading to futile arguments where each party comes away a little dumber then before. most on this forum who engage in this, have suffered this. While walking away feeling the victor. Which is ego based non sense... Been there done that.

In your statement you imply living life to the fullest is a bad thing in the context of your comments.
I not sure where you were going with this, but You seem not to realize the importance of this concept in making a better world for everyone, not only in the here in now, but in the days yet to come, Not only for you and yours but others aswell. This is not accomplished thru living life for some unseen promise or premise , but if that is what gets you through your day. whatever, you're just one among many. It's about leaving it a little better then you found it.

Whether you were atheist, or not. The enemies of the Abrahamic religion are the followers of the Abrahamic religion. Buddhist, Taoist, Shintoist, Hindus, or the wide variety of other religions are not the ones warring on the TCFF (triangle of cluster fucked faiths - Christianity, Islam, Judea). They have their problems, don't get me wrong, but that is because they are made up of people. You remove religion there are still plenty of other issues to fight over.
There are good people everywhere as there are bad. At this point in my opinion Atheism is a branch of christianity as is satanism, as neither would be relevant if it were not of the other.

This is my opinion and critique of your comments, take it for what you will. Clarification is desired nor required. (ergo I'm not going to argue pages worth of material just to play forum jockey)
Otherwise hope you are well Phaeton

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 16, 2012 7:19 pm » by Phaeton

Constabul wrote:
Phaeton wrote:Thats funny, I think the absolute opposite is true. Without religion, we will lower ourselves to 'the strong shall survive', lose ethics and morals. There is no afterlife, there is no judgement. Live life to the fullest, no matter how many backs you need to walk over. Concentration to the Self. Serving the Self instaed of serving others. Youalready see this happening in the Atheistic centres o/t world. Altruism is a nono.

Problem is, it is 'the strong shall survive' even in a world where the majority of peoples believe in some higher being. There is no basis in which for you to have a 'learned opinion' as to claim it would be that way in a religious-less world, or society. Remember, a Lack of and suppression of, are two different things. While morals and ethics can come about from religious interaction it is not the only source, nor the the only conveyer of 'Good' morals or ethics. So while your written word/logic might sound good to you, it is not accurate. No one can claim there is or isn't an afterlife, and arguing it is a futile pursuit it is a matter of faith in which people determine how to struggle with the conception of the finality of death.

Atheism tends to lean towards 'the strong shall survive', as they tend to think there is nothing more than the laws of nature. Abrahamic religion teaches 'the strong shall defend the weak'. Now we could read scripture as an encyclopedia and search out individual verses that would possibly be interpreted as unclassifiable under that notion, but that would be pointless. Its about the message as a whole, not individual snippets here and there. I already stated that good morals and ethics are not only to be found in abiding to scripture, I said this would act as a further safeguard against losing it. Faith regarding what is told in that message would stop people from possibly losing their 'goodness'becuase they would understand that in the end, they themselves would be the ones to suffer the consequences of their immoral actions [that is if such a person is able to discern what is, and what is not immoral, ofcourse].

As to judgement, people who claim to be judgmental-less are the worse for being judgmental, it will never be something that is absent from the human experience. Hardly a result of a world or culture w/o religion. Again no basis in which to make this claim, more to the contrary.

I was referring to judgement by the maker, not individuals themselves.

In regard to a higher being 'passing' judgement ergo a fear mechanism to force/scare people into being moral or ethical? Really? I get the impression that is where you were really going in that comment but, this being the basis in which people abide by moral standards is a weak lame position. Not one I subscribe to, and in my humble opinion if you can not make the right decisions and be goodly without fear of reprisal by some unseen force your parents did you a disservice and you are not really a good contribution to the human species. Those who operate from the premise of, I have yearnings to do this act, but I am keeping myself in check due to a higher beings judgement in my action. Will eventually bend and break that standard to later seek 'forgiveness' after the fact. This is a directive to excuse actions, behavior or thought, with the all loving forgiveness of a God to later absolve such actions.

Well, how do we teach our children how to behave? Or used to anyway, I might sound like an old git, but I think children are getting more and more out of control [especially with the 'no spanking laws' we uphold these days - which I strongly oppose]. We, 'adults', normally knowing better what is right or wrong than our children, tell them they will be spanked or given some other penalty if they do not do as they are told. Just like we need penalties if someone murders another, or robs a bank. You can call that fear based logic, but thats rather simplistic and implies this tactic is undesirable, unnecessary. Its not. This is needed for entities that need to learn, need to develop. Provided ofcourse the one defining these rules and penalties is in a position to do so. You might remember from other posts of mine that I see the Human race as children on a macro level, children who need guidence by someone who knows right from wrong. I think G*d is the right One to tell us that.

In fact we are animals with religious culture surrounding us. Darwinism has nothing to do with it, other then it seems to be something that threatens your perceptions.

Thats your opinion, which is fine. Yet, the member I was talking to implied that religion will turn us into animals, while it is Atheism and its facilitating theories that does just that. The best example of that is Darwinism. Religion implies the direct opposite. This is a fact, not an opinion.

Lack of education creates extremism, not some unseen enemies of religion.

Completely agree. As you will find in my posts. I never stated 'some unseen enemies of religion' are the soul source of this. Lack of education is the prime source of extremism, although given you mentioned this, the ones striving for religion to disintegrate, to 'grow out of it' as it were, do play a big part in cultivating extremism.

Tv or media projections of a situation falls back to the last sentence.

Indeed, see my last comment above.

Claiming to have insight over another in regard to religious understanding or education is a slippery slope. Generally leading to futile arguments where each party comes away a little dumber then before. most on this forum who engage in this, have suffered this. While walking away feeling the victor. Which is ego based non sense... Been there done that.

We are here to give our opinions and personal findings. If we do not, whats the point of this forum? No one here is claming to hold absolute truth [I hope], not in the least me. I do not agree with 'coming away from a discussion dumber'. Thats almost impossible. New information will not make anyone dumber. It will at least - given the logic is sound - make you reflect and think. I will speak my mind though, without concession. And if someone proves me wrong, Ill be glad to accept it. It would have to be logical, unbiased and factual though.

In your statement you imply living life to the fullest is a bad thing in the context of your comments.
I not sure where you were going with this, but You seem not to realize the importance of this concept in making a better world for everyone, not only in the here in now, but in the days yet to come, Not only for you and yours but others aswell. This is not accomplished thru living life for some unseen promise or premise , but if that is what gets you through your day. whatever, you're just one among many. It's about leaving it a little better then you found it.

With 'living life to the fullest', I was referring to the popular notion live for today, dont think about tomorrow. Which is exactly why our 'elected' politicians are f*cking everything up. They will only do that which will make their period of rule the best. Let my succesor clean up the sh*t. Thesame is true on an individual basis. People NEED to look to tomorrow, not just today.

Whether you were atheist, or not. The enemies of the Abrahamic religion are the followers of the Abrahamic religion. Buddhist, Taoist, Shintoist, Hindus, or the wide variety of other religions are not the ones warring on the TCFF (triangle of cluster fucked faiths - Christianity, Islam, Judea). They have their problems, don't get me wrong, but that is because they are made up of people. You remove religion there are still plenty of other issues to fight over. There are good people everywhere as there are bad. At this point in my opinion Atheism is a branch of christianity as is satanism, as neither would be relevant if it were not of the other.

As we already established, the enemy of religion is lack of education, on both sides of the fence. Then we have those that are consciously striving against religion [Illumin / Internationalists], but thats another subject.

This is my opinion and critique of your comments, take it for what you will. Clarification is desired nor required. (ergo I'm not going to argue pages worth of material just to play forum jockey)
Otherwise hope you are well Phaeton

I had to react, as Im sure youll understand. Not looking for pages worth of argument, believe me.
Thanks for taking the time though Constabul, hope you are very well yourself.
May G*d be with you, even if you are an Atheist.

Salus Populi Suprema Lex

Cheers mate
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostSun Sep 16, 2012 11:54 pm » by SUKHOV

because their religion teaches intolerance?
The True Sons of Liberty are alive and well.
Мое сердце, мой спаситель, да будет свет.

Conspirator

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 6:20 pm » by Phaeton

Travvysavvy wrote:because their religion teaches intolerance?

2:256 Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in G*d hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And G*d heareth and knoweth all things.

2:257 G*d is the Protector of those who have faith: from the depths of darkness He will lead them forth into light. Of those who reject faith the patrons are the evil ones: from light they will lead them forth into the depths of darkness. They will be companions of the fire, to dwell therein (For ever).

60:7 It may be that G*d will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For G*d has power (over all things); And G*d is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

60:8 G*d forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for G*d loveth those who are just.

60:9 G*d only forbids you, with regard to those who fight you for (your) Faith, and drive you out of your homes, and support (others) in driving you out, from turning to them (for friendship and protection). It is such as turn to them (in these circumstances), that do wrong.

Who has taught you that Islam teaches intolerance, would be a more relevant question.
Could it be that little black box in the corner of the room?

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 7:47 pm » by 99socks

Demobe wrote:Modernity requires the willingness to be offended. And as anti-American violence across the Middle East and beyond shows, that willingness is something the Arab world, the heartland of Islam, still lacks.

I don't think it's actually about being "offended." All the stupid hate for the sake of hating America because America has done... what? Have we been any worse to "them" as we have to others? Are we the worst empire to invade and control?

No.

As Low once pointed out... The US saved Muslims in Bosnia. Helped Sunni Kurds in Iraq. Handed over Egypt to the Islamists.... They don't really have that much to bitch about, in that regard.

So, hating America for the sake of "something"... "something" that we "did"... is actually more naive than even hypocritical, which has been my usual train of thought these last few years.

The real answer is even more simple and psychologically darker than that...

I think we recognize that America is a symbol.. a symbol of what however, has not really been determined. A symbol of the West, or Christianity, or white people, or whatever...

We can get into the details of history, influences in pop culture, puppet masters controlling both Western and Islamic sheep.

Or, we can look at it and say simply... they are just like us. Their identity, like our identity, is created by defining what they are NOT. They are NOT Western. They are NOT Christian. Etc.

They hate US for the same reason we hate THEM; there is a deep psychological need to identity the tribe by defining who the outsiders are.

Dar-al-Islam. Dar-al-Harb. Haven't we heard that over and over?
But that is what it comes down to.

It has NOTHING to do with any reality of history- real reality, or perceived reality.
It has NOTHING to do with any crimes- real, or perceived.

It has everything to do with.... hating another group for the sake of creating solidarity and community within one's own group.

America is the Id. The irresistible Id. The Id that all of Islamic values and Islamic law and Islamic culture cannot fight...

They hate America, because they cannot resist America. No one imposes American culture on them. They devour it and ask for more. All the while.. hating America for that very same destructive culture.

They know that they cannot resist, and that lack of collective self-control will destroy them. They have been saying it for 30+ years. But still... they eat and eat and eat like a bulimic.

They eat movies, music, the internet, automobiles, cell phones, pornography... Then they hate us because we enabled them. If we didn't invent, produce, or provide these things, their society wouldn't get sick they say.

The huge irony in all of this... because they can't stop themselves, all of that hate and fear is projected on the symbol of the addiction they cannot beat... America. They think that stopping us will help them to save themselves.

But what has been proven on a micro level with individuals can also be applied in macro to hundreds of millions of people.... No one can save someone else from themselves.

Stopping or destroying America... will not save them from themselves. Indeed, the dirty joke of history is that if they ever win, they will simply turn and devour each other.

Eat, eat, eat.
Vomit.

The Clash of the Civilizations is really, the war between the Super Ego and the Id of the Collective Subconscious.
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014

I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!

Conspirator

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 8:27 pm » by Phaeton

As Low once pointed out... The US saved Muslims in Bosnia. Helped Sunni Kurds in Iraq. Handed over Egypt to the Islamists.... They don't really have that much to bitch about, in that regard.

Thats so effing rich. How can you utter these absolute fallacies with a straight face is beyond me.

"Saved the Muslims in Bosnia.."

Alija Izetbegovic was an Islamic extremist, you know this very very well. Of thesame creed used by Brzezinsky to battle the Russians, and create the Taliban and AlQaeda. Ie, assets they used to serve their cause, destabalize nations - form an extremist bloc - and implicate Islam as a whole.

Brzezinski's Interview with Le Nouvel Observateur
http://emperors-clothes.com/interviews/brz.htm#II

Brzezinski's interview has tremendous importance today. According to a Dutch intelligence report on Bosnia, in the early 1990s Pentagon intelligence worked with the Saudis and Iranians to bring weapons and mujahideen terrorists - the 'Afghan Arabs' - into Bosnia to indoctrinate and lead Alija Izetbegovic's Muslim extremists in fighting the Bosnian Serbs.
http://emperors-clothes.com/bosnia/izet.htm
http://emperors-clothes.com/docs/abdic.htm

The same terrorists had been used against the pro-Soviet side in Afghanistan. Once again the media lied, claiming the Bosnian Serbs were fighting to destroy the Bosnian Muslims (i.e., genocide) when they were in fact defending their communities from the mujahideen, and were allied with a large group of moderate Muslims.

Despite the hype in the Western media, Izetbegovic was not fighting to affirm (let alone reaffirm!) some supposed Bosnian nationhood. Rather, he called for:

"…the implementation of Islam in all aspects of individuals' personal lives, in family and in society, by the renewal of Islamic religious thought, and by creating a uniform Muslim community from Morocco to Indonesia. ..."

In other words, the Islamist takeover of Bosnia was intended as a step towards the creation of a unified Muslim world-state. Quite the opposite of preserving the nonexistent 'Bosnian nation'! And yet the fiction of a Bosnian nation, threatened by supposed Serb secessionists (the Serbs were in fact the people who didn't want to secede from Yugoslavia) was sold to ordinary people in the West.

"Helped Sunni Kurds in Iraq.."

The 1991 uprisings in Iraq were the simultaneous anti-governmental rebellions in southern and northern Iraq during the aftermath of the Gulf War in March–April 1991. The revolt was fueled by the perception that the power of Iraqi President Saddam Hussein was vulnerable at the time; as well as by heavily fueled anger at government repression and the devastation wrought by two wars in a decade, the Iran-Iraq War and the Gulf War. The United States government also played a role in encouraging the uprisings, which were then controversially not aided by U.S. forces that were present on Iraqi soil.

Although they presented a serious threat to the Iraqi Ba'ath Party regime, Saddam managed to suppress the rebellions with massive and indiscriminate force and maintained power while the rebels were ruthlessly crushed by the loyalist forces spearheaded by the Iraqi Republican Guard.
During the few weeks of unrest tens of thousands of people were killed and nearly two million Iraqis became refugees.

In the aftermath of the failed revolution, the Iraqi government intensified its forced relocating of Marsh Arabs and the draining of the Mesopotamian Marshes in the Tigris-Euphrates river system, the Coalition established the Iraqi no-fly zones over southern and northern Iraq, and the Kurds created the Kurdish Autonomous Republic in a part of Iraqi Kurdistan.

These people were massaged to revolt against Saddam by the USA, then when they did, were left out to fend for themselves. Resulting in an all out massacre.

...With 'help' like that, who in hell needs enemies.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1991_uprisings_in_Iraq

"Handed over Egypt to the Islamists.."

Lets see what the dictionary tells us about 'Islamists'.

Islamist [ˈɪzləmɪst]
adj
(Non-Christian Religions / Islam) supporting or advocating Islamic fundamentalism
http://www.thefreedictionary.com/Islamist

Islamists are the radical, fundamentalist element within Islam.

So again, using the placement of Islamic extremists in a prior stable country as some sort Samaritan act.

You shameless, raving hypocrite Sock.

Goddamn.

Lastly; I had to look thrice before I believed my own eyes on this one:
Europe has a Super-ego. America just has an Id.

'lol'.

Upload to Disclose.tv

Conspirator

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 8:56 pm » by Poooooot

Let me start by saying I know that my opinion is not a popular one here, considering that a good majority of you guys are racist/bigots/intolerant (which it is your right to be), but for fucks sake, guys. Comments like these:

Boatman wrote:Because they are Crazy Mother f*ckers, and they are one of the most intransigent religions going. Oh,and they are killing each other wholesale so we don't have to bother.

Themillz wrote:Small brains lack empathy and understanding.

Are so disgusting to me. Your ignorance of Islam is just highlighting your (more than likely hidden) racism, to be frank. The fact that you pick out extremists to represent the group as a whole is a shame.

No one peaceful religion is better than another. I highlight peaceful because Muslim is a peaceful religion. A few extremists do not define the doctrine, the same as a few nutty Christians killing gay youth does not define Christianity as a whole.

I am not defending violence, or violent attackers, or anything like that. But nor will I ever defend blatant intolerance. This attitude of "I am better than you / My religion is better than yours / The color of my skin is better than yours / etc" does not make your case, it makes "your oppositions' " case.

This comment was one of the few I saw that were actually made with a clear head:
Phaeton wrote:You dont see them buring Bible's do you. Strict Christians would react thesame as these Muslims if someone burned a Bible.

And this:
Phaeton wrote:
Travvysavvy wrote:because their religion teaches intolerance?

2:256 Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in G*d hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And G*d heareth and knoweth all things.

2:257 G*d is the Protector of those who have faith: from the depths of darkness He will lead them forth into light. Of those who reject faith the patrons are the evil ones: from light they will lead them forth into the depths of darkness. They will be companions of the fire, to dwell therein (For ever).

60:7 It may be that G*d will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For G*d has power (over all things); And G*d is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

60:8 G*d forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for G*d loveth those who are just.

60:9 G*d only forbids you, with regard to those who fight you for (your) Faith, and drive you out of your homes, and support (others) in driving you out, from turning to them (for friendship and protection). It is such as turn to them (in these circumstances), that do wrong.

Who has taught you that Islam teaches intolerance, would be a more relevant question.
Could it be that little black box in the corner of the room?

Deserves a fucking standing ovation. Bravo to you, good sir.

It's people like Phaeton that make dtv tolerable. I come and go here because I love the people (even if I don't agree with some of your ideology), but when I am bombarded by these negative attitudes and horrific statements, it drives me away.

Not that many of you care, and I fully expect to be ripped to shreds for stating my opinion, because my opinion conflicts with the opinion of the masses here. Hmmm.... Does that remind you of anything?
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

PreviousNext