Why is the Muslim world so easily offended?

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 2434
Joined: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:09 pm

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 9:03 pm » by Tjahzi


Poooooot wrote:Let me start by saying I know that my opinion is not a popular one here, considering that a good majority of you guys are racist/bigots/intolerant (which it is your right to be), but for fucks sake, guys. Comments like these:

Boatman wrote:Because they are Crazy Mother f*ckers, and they are one of the most intransigent religions going. Oh,and they are killing each other wholesale so we don't have to bother.


Themillz wrote:Small brains lack empathy and understanding.


Are so disgusting to me. Your ignorance of Islam is just highlighting your (more than likely hidden) racism, to be frank. The fact that you pick out extremists to represent the group as a whole is a shame.

Image
Image
Image

No one peaceful religion is better than another. I highlight peaceful because Muslim is a peaceful religion. A few extremists do not define the doctrine, the same as a few nutty Christians killing gay youth does not define Christianity as a whole.

I am not defending violence, or violent attackers, or anything like that. But nor will I ever defend blatant intolerance. This attitude of "I am better than you / My religion is better than yours / The color of my skin is better than yours / etc" does not make your case, it makes "your oppositions' " case.

This comment was one of the few I saw that were actually made with a clear head:
Phaeton wrote:You dont see them buring Bible's do you. Strict Christians would react thesame as these Muslims if someone burned a Bible.


And this:
Phaeton wrote:
Travvysavvy wrote:because their religion teaches intolerance?


2:256 Let there be no compulsion in religion: Truth stands out clear from Error: whoever rejects evil and believes in G*d hath grasped the most trustworthy hand-hold, that never breaks. And G*d heareth and knoweth all things.

2:257 G*d is the Protector of those who have faith: from the depths of darkness He will lead them forth into light. Of those who reject faith the patrons are the evil ones: from light they will lead them forth into the depths of darkness. They will be companions of the fire, to dwell therein (For ever).

60:7 It may be that G*d will grant love (and friendship) between you and those whom ye (now) hold as enemies. For G*d has power (over all things); And G*d is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.

60:8 G*d forbids you not, with regard to those who fight you not for (your) Faith nor drive you out of your homes, from dealing kindly and justly with them: for G*d loveth those who are just.

60:9 G*d only forbids you, with regard to those who fight you for (your) Faith, and drive you out of your homes, and support (others) in driving you out, from turning to them (for friendship and protection). It is such as turn to them (in these circumstances), that do wrong.



Who has taught you that Islam teaches intolerance, would be a more relevant question.
Could it be that little black box in the corner of the room?

Deserves a fucking standing ovation. Bravo to you, good sir.
Image


It's people like Phaeton that make dtv tolerable. I come and go here because I love the people (even if I don't agree with some of your ideology), but when I am bombarded by these negative attitudes and horrific statements, it drives me away.


Not that many of you care, and I fully expect to be ripped to shreds for stating my opinion, because my opinion conflicts with the opinion of the masses here. Hmmm.... Does that remind you of anything?


bravo :clapper:
Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 8940
Joined: Sun Sep 18, 2011 7:52 pm

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 9:06 pm » by Noentry


Poooooot

Image

You go girl.
:flop:
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 15836
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:12 pm

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 9:09 pm » by Spock


Phaeton wrote:Lastly; I had to look thrice before I believed my own eyes



Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 7664
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:14 am

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 9:11 pm » by 99socks


Poooooot wrote:
And this:

Phaeton wrote:Who has taught you that Islam teaches intolerance, would be a more relevant question.
Could it be that little black box in the corner of the room?





Actually, 10 years of of leading the MSA at a major US university, living in a fundamentalist community both in the US and in Saudi Arabia, teaching in a private school in Riyadh that was still controlled my the Riyaasa (Ministry of Girls' Education), and being married to a fundamentalist taught me that it's more that the little black box... The black box isn't the only thing that is influencing fundamentalist Islam, and it most certainly is NOT the only thing that has convinced me that intolerance is the very foundation of the public education system in Saudi Arabia, and that it is the foundation of identity for at least 15-20% of the Muslim population of the globe... and it is growing

While that 20% might be a "minority" in a mathematical sense, in a socio-political sense it is nearing a critical mass/tipping point. The other 80% is IRRELEVANT because they have in some ways CHOSEN to be irrelevant because of their silence, and in other ways because that's just the way the world works:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_m ... ynamics%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-third_hypothesis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tipping_po ... ciology%29
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014








I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!


Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 7664
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:14 am

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 9:16 pm » by 99socks


And another thing...

It has little to do with "Islam" and everything to do with sociology and psychology that is affecting all sides. Islam IS the Red Herring; it is fuel for the fire. I don't know how saying that can make me a hypocrite. But whatever.
http://www.thedailysheeple.com/obamas-doj-silent-as-new-black-panthers-leader-incites-violence-in-ferguson_082014








I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!


Image

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3085
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:35 pm

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 9:17 pm » by Poooooot


Phaeton, Tjahzi, Noentry, and Shendao... You guys are the best.
Image
Last edited by Poooooot on Mon Sep 17, 2012 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Super Moderator
User avatar
Posts: 15836
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2008 7:12 pm

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 9:20 pm » by Spock


99socks wrote:And another thing...

It has little to do with "Islam" and everything to do with sociology and psychology that is affecting all sides. Islam IS the Red Herring; it is fuel for the fire. I don't know how saying that can make me a hypocrite. But whatever.



GOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!

:pray:

Initiate
User avatar
Posts: 424
Joined: Thu Sep 23, 2010 7:59 pm
Location: United Kingdom

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 9:22 pm » by Shendao


Noentry wrote:Poooooot

Image

You go girl.
:flop:


That Poooooot has bigger kahunas than most people on this site, bravo Poooooot!
You are an immortal being, so stop freaking out about losing another body!

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3085
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:35 pm

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 9:36 pm » by Poooooot


Shendao wrote:That Poooooot has bigger kahunas than most people on this site, bravo Poooooot!


Thanks, bro! :cheers:

This is how I felt after I hit "submit"
Image

And if I'm being 100% honest, after that I was like this:
Image

lol! :lol:
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 4959
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:45 pm

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 9:38 pm » by Phaeton


99socks wrote:
Poooooot wrote:
And this:

Phaeton wrote:Who has taught you that Islam teaches intolerance, would be a more relevant question.
Could it be that little black box in the corner of the room?





Actually, 10 years of of leading the MSA at a major US university, living in a fundamentalist community both in the US and in Saudi Arabia, teaching in a private school in Riyadh that was still controlled my the Riyaasa (Ministry of Girls' Education), and being married to a fundamentalist taught me that it's more that the little black box... The black box isn't the only thing that is influencing fundamentalist Islam, and it most certainly is NOT the only thing that has convinced me that intolerance is the very foundation of the public education system in Saudi Arabia, and that it is the foundation of identity for at least 15-20% of the Muslim population of the globe... and it is growing

While that 20% might be a "minority" in a mathematical sense, in a socio-political sense it is nearing a critical mass/tipping point. The other 80% is IRRELEVANT because they have in some ways CHOSEN to be irrelevant because of their silence, and in other ways because that's just the way the world works:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Critical_m ... ynamics%29
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/One-third_hypothesis
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tipping_po ... ciology%29



Be that as it may, 'fundamentalist Islam' does not equate 'Islam'.

Thats the point.

And I didnt imply the little black box was or is influencing / furthering fundamentalist Islam, I implied the United States was and is. I also implied the little black box was and is influencing the Westerner to look at Islam as 'Evil', Intolerant, backward, demonic.

Now turn that up side down, and youll approach the truth.. Impo.

..Saudi Arabia you say.. Thats Wahabism, as you know. The facilitator of which, the House of Saud's powerbase, was cemented in place with the help of the USA. Its not a fluke that its your greatest allie in the ME.



@ Pooooooot
Greatly & humbly appreciated..

Thank you. You dont know how much that means to me. And for what its worth, before your comment here, I was always impressed with your posts.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"


Upload to Disclose.tv



PreviousNext

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook