Why is the Muslim world so easily offended?

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 4959
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2010 8:45 pm

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 9:46 pm » by Phaeton


99socks wrote:And another thing...

It has little to do with "Islam" and everything to do with sociology and psychology that is affecting all sides. Islam IS the Red Herring; it is fuel for the fire. I don't know how saying that can make me a hypocrite. But whatever.




Nono, you're a hypocrite because you lie through your teeth and know it.


Nothing personal.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"


Upload to Disclose.tv


Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 7313
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:14 am

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 9:55 pm » by 99socks


Phaeton wrote:

Be that as it may, 'fundamentalist Islam' does not equate 'Islam'.

Thats the point.

And I didnt imply the little black box was or is influencing / furthering fundamentalist Islam, I implied the United States was and is. I also implied the little black box was and is influencing the Westerner to look at Islam as 'Evil', Intolerant, backward, demonic.

Now turn that up side down, and youll approach the truth.. Impo.

..Saudi Arabia you say.. Thats Wahabism, as you know. The facilitator of which, the House of Saud's powerbase, was cemented in place with the help of the USA. Its not a fluke that its your greatest allie in the ME.




Read what I said again. I did understand that you meant that the black box was affecting the Western perception. What I pointed out, was that it affects THEM too.

And no matter how much you try to separate "fundamentalists" from the normal average every-day Muslims, the point I was making is that by virtue of "how things work," the normal average every-day Muslims are just plain out of the equation at this point. They were relevant and the argument was valid when fundamentalists made up 1%, but once they are at 15-20%... the argument becomes invalid; the critical mass is almost breached.

Just like you point out all the time that both sides are being played by TPTB, you have to admit also that the same social and psychological forces are affected both sides the same way. I have seen you too easy to defend Muslims against the red herring that both Muslim haters in the West as well as the fundamentalist Muslims themselves are debating about- whether or not Islam teaches intolerance or whatever... blah blah. WHAT Islam teaches is just as irrelevant as WHAT Christianity teaches. We are too far past that. Debating what Islam "really" teaches about anything is completely beside the point. The point is; both sides are being driven by the same primitive social drives of tribalism, survivalism, and US vs THEM. Islam is irrelevant.
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!


http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 10861
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:36 am

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 9:55 pm » by Lowsix


Phaeton wrote:
99socks wrote:And another thing...

It has little to do with "Islam" and everything to do with sociology and psychology that is affecting all sides. Islam IS the Red Herring; it is fuel for the fire. I don't know how saying that can make me a hypocrite. But whatever.




Nono, you're a hypocrite because you lie through your teeth and know it.


Nothing personal.


Point out the lie for me, please.

Just one...

from ANY of her posts on the issue.
Use the search feature if you have to.
Image
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 3085
Joined: Tue Oct 26, 2010 4:35 pm

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 10:25 pm » by Poooooot


99socks wrote:They were relevant and the argument was valid when fundamentalists made up 1%, but once they are at 15-20%... the argument becomes invalid



Socks, you know I like you, but this is just ridiculous.
Last edited by Poooooot on Mon Sep 17, 2012 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Conspirator
Posts: 3709
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:57 pm
Location: Scotland

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 10:30 pm » by Muchtyman


Not a fan of cats per se ; but this is taking offence just a wee bit far .


Muslim Youths In Nigeria Crucify A Cat On The Cross To Protest Anti-Islam Film

Image


http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/top ... -film.html

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 7313
Joined: Thu Dec 16, 2010 7:14 am

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 10:37 pm » by 99socks


Poooooot wrote:
99socks wrote:They were relevant and the argument was valid when fundamentalists made up 1%, but once they are at 15-20%... the argument becomes invalid


99socks wrote:WHAT Islam teaches is just as irrelevant as WHAT Christianity teaches.


Socks, you know I like you, but this is just ridiculous.



Explain why. Explain how/why the moderate majority matters when they aren't in power, are in general impotent as a bloc of any sort within any kind of democratic elections either here or there, and who either cower before the Fundamentalists or else are dependent upon them for aid (like Hezbollah giving out food packets).

If you can show me that moderate Muslims have any sort of say in the matter, and that the ranks of the fundamentalists are shrinking and will continue to shrink far below the critical tipping point, then I will agree with you.

But as far as I am concerned... Islam is an excuse, for both sides, and we need to look past it to what is REALLY driving what is behind the scenes. Pointing fingers at bankers and politicians isn't enough. Bankers and politicians are using something else... and that something else is the way we, as humans, are programmed deep in our psyches... and both sides are programmed the same way.

I have realized that to stop and say the problem is with Islam, or with colonialism, or with economic warfare or whatever, is to keep us one step closer from the truth. All of that shit is one big red herring that distracts from the fact that we are programmed to be tribal; the US is too individualistic to reap the benefits of real collective tribalism, and Western culture is too threatening to the Islamic way of life. So... both sides are desperately scrambling to unify within themselves, against the other, as a simple fact of US vs. THEM survivalism that has been the rule of life on earth for humans for hundreds of thousands of years. It is nothing more than that. Everything else is either an excuse or a justification.
I can't speak about how much of the Constitution is in effect anymore... But thank God we still somewhat resemble a Republic and not a democracy!


http://thethinkingapostate.ghost.io/

Conspirator
Posts: 3709
Joined: Sat Oct 18, 2008 9:57 pm
Location: Scotland

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 10:47 pm » by Muchtyman


Muchtyman wrote:Not a fan of cats per se ; but this is taking offence just a wee bit far .


Muslim Youths In Nigeria Crucify A Cat On The Cross To Protest Anti-Islam Film

Image


http://news2.onlinenigeria.com/news/top ... -film.html


Apart from cruelty to cats , Muslims only appear to be offended if denied the ability to take revenge .

Only religion which recruits by the convert or die philosophy .


Upload to Disclose.tv


Master Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 10861
Joined: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:36 am

PostMon Sep 17, 2012 11:00 pm » by Lowsix


Poooooot wrote:
99socks wrote:They were relevant and the argument was valid when fundamentalists made up 1%, but once they are at 15-20%... the argument becomes invalid


99socks wrote:WHAT Islam teaches is just as irrelevant as WHAT Christianity teaches.


Socks, you know I like you, but this is just ridiculous.


I'm really not sure why, but for some reason, neither of you seem to be able to understand what she is saying..because the attacks are sorta unrealistic. And her premise contains neither a single LIE, or anything resembling ridiculousness.

(Im going to do my best to clarify...although she was perfectly clear)..but what she is saying is that at a certain tipping point, the material in EITHER book, gets ignored once the percentage of fanatical members reaches a certain threshold. That at some point in the dialogue..BOTH SIDES get manipulated.

And you would be damn hard pressed to show me how that is a ridiculous statement. The hundreds of embassy burning protests that are occurring in the FACE of that oh so endearing photo of the Benghazi muslims apologizing you posted would SEEM to support that premise, right? Hundreds of protests, a few dead diplomats, in contrast to ONE photo op of apologetic muslims. Do you understand the word...RATIO?

IF HER premise were so "Ridiculous", there would be one embassy protest,
and HUNDREDS of photos apologizing for their fanatics getting out of hand.

Neither of you are able (or willing) to really recognize that in essence, she is agreeing with you.

...that manipulation is occurring on both sides.

(but she made the dtv mistake of attempting to elaborate on the SOURCE to an audience that really isnt sincere about the issue...just being cute to score points and earn high-fives and such [and yes, i saw you delete that])


Both sides are getting manipulated, above and beyond what is written in the books.

Theres the Premise Poot. Dispute it please...show me specifically what is ridiculous about her premise.
please..holy shit please...justify yourself. Dont just lob an attack and disappear.


(while we are waiting for Phaeton to show me where the lie is, that justifies HIS shiny nugget)

So The fact that you think her point is ridiculous says more about you than it does her..and that is a fact.
Image
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 7400
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:09 pm

PostTue Sep 18, 2012 1:07 am » by Mozi!!a


Good Conversation Guys And Girls :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

Me Like it. :flop:


Why is the Muslim world so easily offended? This i Always Wondered Why.

My Answer is Self Confident In What You Believe. the Weak and the strong

Conspirator
User avatar
Posts: 7400
Joined: Sat Aug 01, 2009 9:09 pm

PostTue Sep 18, 2012 1:13 am » by Mozi!!a




PreviousNext

  • Related topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
Visit Disclose.tv on Facebook