Why is the Muslim world so easily offended?

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 18, 2012 3:04 pm » by Poooooot

Spock wrote:Image

hahaha! Spock! This is why I love you.
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

Master Conspirator

PostTue Sep 18, 2012 3:06 pm » by Lowsix

Poooooot wrote:But like I said in the very first line of my original comment:

Poooooot wrote:Let me start by saying I know that my opinion is not a popular one here, considering that a good majority of you guys are racist/bigots/intolerant (which it is your right to be), but for fucks sake, guys.

While thats admirable and all, that doesn't have single thing to do with socks posts.
Nobody would fault you for thinking some of the over-simplified opinions around here are nauseating.

But you took a direct line of insult to one of the people here that NEVER does that at all..and in fact Spent considerable personal time elaborating on her positions for you..SO THAT she cant be accused of it...after you complained about all the Hoo-Raahing that goes on here...

And you wont even address it..

If youre going to condemn the negativity and hostility around here and then turn around and call one of o biggest supporters "Ridiculous" for an extrememly UN-ridiculous post and ( and rather well thought-out and thorough point of view), i was just looking for some clarification on what you thought was so out of line about her opinions.

Same goes for Phaeton who took it upon himself to call her both a hypocrite AND a liar (without having the balls to point out specifically what justifies saying that)..and your response was to high five him.....

So the crickets still roar.

ps..no pressure to get all heavy on this first thing in the morning.
The funny pics are a better way to start the day anyways..for sure.
Im not being ugly..or attacking you..

but at some point..come back to it..
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 18, 2012 3:15 pm » by Poooooot

Lowsix wrote:And you wont even address it..

Lowsix wrote:So the crickets still roar.

I did address it, although it was indirectly. If you want me to hold you hand and walk you through it, I will.

I said this:
poooooot wrote:Socks, you know I like you, but this is just ridiculous.

In response to this:
99socks wrote:And no matter how much you try to separate "fundamentalists" from the normal average every-day Muslims, the point I was making is that by virtue of "how things work," the normal average every-day Muslims are just plain out of the equation at this point. They were relevant and the argument was valid when fundamentalists made up 1%, but once they are at 15-20%... the argument becomes invalid; the critical mass is almost breached.

To say that because 15-20% (I am going to go ahead and assume that those figures are correct) of the followers of a religion have gone astray, that all followers of that religion as a whole are to blame, is ridiculous.

Or, like I said earlier, it's just plain ridiculous.

EDIT: And here's a funny pic for you, to lighten the mood this early (and rainy here - booo) Tuesday morning.
Matthew 7
“Do not judge, or you too will be judged. For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

PostTue Sep 18, 2012 3:45 pm » by Shango

Boatman wrote:Because they are Crazy Mother f*ckers, and they are one of the most intransigent religions going. Oh,and they are killing each other wholesale so we don't have to bother.

Marmite = Answer
Unlevened bread = no zinc
No zinc = angry mother fuckers

Master Conspirator

PostTue Sep 18, 2012 3:52 pm » by Lowsix

Poooooot wrote:
EDIT: And here's a funny pic for you, to lighten the mood this early (and rainy here - booo) Tuesday morning.

Perfect..hahahah

Thx.

have a good day. :)

AND RAIN FUCKIN RULES.
FUCK THE SUN.
warløckmitbladderinfection wrote:blasphemous new gehenna inhabitant makes god sad...

Super Moderator

PostTue Sep 18, 2012 3:54 pm » by domdabears

I wanna be a Warhol
Displayed on your wall
Still hung up on you

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 18, 2012 4:03 pm » by Poooooot

Lowsix wrote:AND RAIN FUCKIN RULES.

I agree - rain does rule. But I'm stuck inside my windowless office so I don't get to enjoy the sights or smells.

I noticed you didn't respond to my response.... probably because I made sense. ;)
Matthew 7

Master Conspirator

PostTue Sep 18, 2012 4:12 pm » by Lowsix

Poooooot wrote:
Lowsix wrote:AND RAIN FUCKIN RULES.

I agree - rain does rule. But I'm stuck inside my windowless office so I don't get to enjoy the sights or smells.

I noticed you didn't respond to my response.... probably because I made sense. ;)

I did make a response, but was gonna allow the good morning vibe to remain in the air..
The You Mad? thing inspired me to go ahead and post..

lol you are the queen of the gifs..i gotta admit..

Snip_________________retalia..i mean..response begins…

Fair enough.

It seems Her point just zipped right over your purty lil head.

When that dipshit Terry Jones and the Westboro Baptist church get busy, and the boneheads run around screaming Nuke Eye-Ran... ive always made a point to clarify for the rest of the world that they are indeed extremists, and that no, they dont represent a vast majority of christians. And if I and others DIDNT do it, in fact, leaving that perception that all christians think that way, WOULD INDEED be my fault..

And if they were running around stomping gays and jews, and lopping peoples heads off for converting to Unitarianism, and i didn't stop them..it would be my fault.

The misconception the world would hold...would be my fault, as would any damage or injuries inflicted in my presence or under my watch.. If i were around, condoning it, encouraging it or allowing it to happen..again, i couldn't escape responsibility locally or on the world stage. PARTICULARLY if i were the majority.

So If the moderates say nothing and more importantly do nothing, when women get the acid treatment for trying to learn to read, men and boys are killed in the street for insulting the prophet and inflicting sharia torture on their population, burning embassies over youtube videos, killing and dragging around the dead embassadors that JUST HANDED THEM THEIR FUCKING COUNTRY BACK....and cowering before the fundamentalists who ARE threatening to get some MORE fire tossed on EVERYONES heads, it is indeed their fault, and her point about critical mass, and world opinion are anything BUT ridiculous..

( i think my point differs slightly from Socks..i cant speak for her here)

I at least appreciate the reply and the adorable handholding thing.
and the bird flipping baby.

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 18, 2012 4:46 pm » by Poooooot

Lowsix wrote:lol you are the queen of the gifs..i gotta admit..

:D :cheers:

Lowsix wrote:It seems Her point just zipped right over your purty lil head.

Aw, shucks. I guess you can't have a pretty face/head and big ol' brain in there.

Lowsix wrote:When that dipshit Terry Jones and the Westboro Baptist church get busy, and the boneheads run around screaming Nuke Eye-Ran... ive always made a point to clarify for the rest of the world that they are indeed extremists, and that no, they dont represent a vast majority of christians. And if I and others DIDNT do it, in fact, leaving that perception that all christians think that way, WOULD INDEED be my fault..

And if they were running around stomping gays and jews, and lopping peoples heads off for converting to Unitarianism, and i didn't stop them..it would be my fault.

The misconception the world would hold...would be my fault, as would any damage or injuries inflicted in my presence or under my watch.. If i were around, condoning it, encouraging it or allowing it to happen..again, i couldn't escape responsibility locally or on the world stage. PARTICULARLY if i were the majority.

I hope you are using sarcasm when saying it would be "your fault" -- Each person is responsible for their own actions. To blame the whole for one person's wrongdoing is, well, wrong. To condemn an entire religion based on an extremest sect is wrong. That is what I am trying to say, and if I am correct in assuming you were using sarcasm, it seems we agree.

Lowsix wrote:So If the moderates say nothing and more importantly do nothing, when women get the acid treatment for trying to learn to read, men and boys are killed in the street for insulting the prophet and inflicting sharia torture on their population, burning embassies over youtube videos, killing and dragging around the dead embassadors that JUST HANDED THEM THEIR FUCKING COUNTRY BACK....and cowering before the fundamentalists who ARE threatening to get some MORE fire tossed on EVERYONES heads, it is indeed their fault, and her point about critical mass, and world opinion are anything BUT ridiculous..

( i think my point differs slightly from Socks..i cant speak for her here)

The mutilations and murders of innocent women and children are disgusting and down-right nauseating. And I know for a fact that peaceful muslims do not condone that behavior, in the same way that most Christians revile at WBC for protesting funerals, etc etc.

Honestly, to me, it feels like we are saying the same thing, only we have different viewpoints.

Lowsix wrote:I at least appreciate the reply and the adorable handholding thing.
and the bird flipping baby.

And I appreciate you, buddy.
Matthew 7

Conspirator

PostTue Sep 18, 2012 6:49 pm » by Phaeton

Spock wrote:
Demobe wrote:

Upload to Disclose.tv

Thanks Demobe, this was refreshing.

This is exactly my sentiment. This is what I keep telling those around me that adhere to the Qur'an.
Yet, Arabs are a proud people. Their sense of honor is baffling, approaching the ridiculous.

The number of Muslims though, that have been acting up on acocunt of the movie, is much much less than one would think given the media coverage.

This, again, underwrites one of my points.

That the media loves to portray Muslims as extremists. That there are no moderate Muslims.

Ive even seen some mods here state just that, 'there is no moderate, or non- extremist rather, Islam'.

Bullshit.
"Those who danced were thought to be quite insane by those who could not hear the music"
"All our science measured against reality, is primitive and childlike - yet, in contemporary consensus, its the most precious thing we have"

Upload to Disclose.tv

PreviousNext