Why It Took a Jury Five Minutes to Sentence Woman to 70 Year

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 16, 2013 10:50 am » by Malogg

Why It Took a Jury Five Minutes to Sentence Woman to 70 Years in Prison After She Stole Power Tools

When you get caught stealing power tools, it’s unlikely to earn you a 70-year prison sentence.

Then again, when you’re known as the county’s Christmas “Grinch,” the wheels of justice in this case turned a whole lot harder and faster.

Dana Brock (Image source: KXAS-TV)

Indeed it took a jury all of five minutes to hand down the sentence for Dana Brock, 44, on Thursday, KXAS-TV in Fort Worth reported.

“A 70-year sentence will knock the air out of your stomach,” said her attorney Raul Navarez. “She kept asking me, ’70 years? Are you serious? 70 years?’ Because 70 years is a pretty harsh sentence for this kind of a deal. And quite frankly, that’s what I argued to the jury. But the jury decided and we have to respect that.”

So why the harsh sentence?

Mainly because of Brock’s voluminous rap sheet, KXAS reported, but then there’s the “Grinch” factor.

Seems Brock became known as the Christmas “Grinch” after getting caught on surveillance video stealing Christmas lights from outside a home while the family slept last December.

Image source: KXAS-TV

Then when she was collared again in May for stealing a weed wacker and a power washer from a garage, a deputy recognized her on that surveillance tape, too. He said, “Hey, that’s the Grinch,” according to assistant Parker County district attorney Jeff Swain. “He knew right away who it was.”

The jury saw the video of her stealing Christmas lights, too. “When you’re known as the Christmas Grinch, people do remember you,” Swain said.

As far as her other misdeeds, Brock got started down a bad path at the age of 17 when she was convicted in Arizona of solicitation to commit murder, KXAS reported. Later she was convicted of credit card abuse, injury to a child, theft, assault, and drug possession.

Instead of two to 20 years in prison for burglary of a habitation, Brock faced 25 years to life under the “three strikes and you’re out” law, KXAS said.

Here’s a report from KXAS:

Video inside > http://www.theblaze.com/stories/2013/12 ... er-tools/#

Texas allows beastality behind closed doors and wife beating is also legal, yeap something well wrong eh. . .

And a woman gets 70 years for nabbing some tools, how bizarre indeed. . .

:o
Image :flop:

Super Moderator

PostMon Dec 16, 2013 12:03 pm » by Slith

Ridiculous.

Initiate

PostMon Dec 16, 2013 12:45 pm » by Crusader

She has a rap sheet as long as your arm and she is not likely to change so she is where she needs to be.Why allow her to be free just to inflict more misery on the innocent, she will appeal and get a reduced sentence 10 to 15 seems fair
Regular is not a unit of measure

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 16, 2013 1:42 pm » by Toxic32

Crusader wrote:She has a rap sheet as long as your arm and she is not likely to change so she is where she needs to be.Why allow her to be free just to inflict more misery on the innocent, she will appeal and get a reduced sentence 10 to 15 seems fair

The rule as I understand it is three strikes and your out. Whats hard to understand about that. Maybe they should offer her the option of having one of her hands removed. Or just change the rule to read three strikes and your without! 70 years will cost the taxpayer a fortune. Maybe it's time to set up a penal colony on the moon.
Invictus maneo

Super Moderator

PostMon Dec 16, 2013 1:48 pm » by Slith

Toxic32 wrote: Maybe it's time to set up a penal colony on the moon.

Long overdue

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 16, 2013 4:53 pm » by 99socks

I am more amazed actually, at how much the jury thinks Christmas "stuff" is sacred.

I mean, really... solicitation for murder, injury to a child...

... and the straw the broke the camel's back was that she shit on Christmas. :idea:

Ya know, there may be hope for this country still. :clapper:

When do we get to do the same to all the PC-Nazis out there who try to destroy every other piece of our culture?

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 16, 2013 5:01 pm » by Malogg

99socks wrote:I am more amazed actually, at how much the jury thinks Christmas "stuff" is sacred.

... and the straw the broke the camel's back was that she shit on Christmas. :idea:

When do we get to do the same to all the PC-Nazis out there who try to destroy every other piece of our culture?

Here in Scotland morons that break into folks homes etc at Christmas time will be given 5 years inside under indictment. . .

Lulzzz bet the f@cker that broke into my home and assaulted me on Christmas eve gets a fkn medal on the 19th , canni imagine why banhahahaha :lol:

Video inside >
http://news.stv.tv/scotland/256891-hous ... sentences/

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 16, 2013 5:30 pm » by 99socks

Malogg wrote:
99socks wrote:I am more amazed actually, at how much the jury thinks Christmas "stuff" is sacred.

Here in Scotland morons that break into folks homes etc at Christmas time will be given 5 years inside under indictment. . .

Lulzzz bet the f@cker that broke into my home and assaulted me on Christmas eve gets a fkn medal on the 19th , canni imagine why banhahahaha :lol:

Video inside >

I can't speak about the guy who assaulted you getting a medal... ( :? ) But I do think it's about time we bring back a sense of what is sacred and should not be screwed with.

There is not a culture out there that doesn't have a sacred month or week or holiday or whatever, that didn't increase its punishment for criminals during that time. Entire WARS would stop for a whole month in observance of something greater- even if the enemy didn't even share the same beliefs.

It's basic decency, IMO.

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 16, 2013 5:51 pm » by Malogg

99socks wrote:
Malogg wrote:

Video inside >

I can't speak about the guy who assaulted you getting a medal... ( :? ) But I do think it's about time we bring back a sense of what is sacred and should not be screwed with.

There is not a culture out there that doesn't have a sacred month or week or holiday or whatever, that didn't increase its punishment for criminals during that time. Entire WARS would stop for a whole month in observance of something greater- even if the enemy didn't even share the same beliefs.

It's basic decency, IMO.

Prolly his sisters or brothers Hardware store lol or maybe it belonged to family who knows but TEXAS is a place Ima nae wanna visit if Ima ever travel across the pond

WTF > http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... ?CMP=fb_us

Since 9/11 my childhood dreams of America have been diminished very much so that Ima almost detest the US gooberment as much as Ima detest the UK's and not because of all the austerity and WARS but for the cover-up of the worst crime a being can commit also the very fact that our pensioners are treated as if they are unwanted.

How can it hurt so much to see the pain caused to so many by the 1% for $£$£$£$£$ really brings the phrase ~ " SHEEPLE " really does relate with disgust for the lack of morality in the human race to allow themselves to comply, Ima be calling em blackbrained neverfknmind bluebrained as they are already as good as dead with no self awareness whatsoever to what is within.

To learn such is the concept of the power and the glory

Gotta Lulzzz at the Blackbrained morons bahahahaha
:lol:

Conspirator

PostMon Dec 16, 2013 6:08 pm » by Malogg

Slith wrote:Ridiculous.

Yeap

Upload to Disclose.tv

Next