Why Kids Don't Want to be Smart !

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 11, 2012 12:26 am » by Harbin

Antiwar.com

Super Moderator

PostSat Aug 11, 2012 12:32 am » by domdabears

They actually make a big deal about the spelling bee in America. It's on major networks (ABC, ESPN).

But most of what he says is true.

Writer

PostSat Aug 11, 2012 2:05 am » by dollar short

guys a moron, the great debate that stifled science was the big bang theory..since then scientist are told to hold to current dogma, anything outside the current mold is heresy..i still side with Hoyle on that one!

look at how they savaged the theorist on the FTL theory, which explains alot, but not all. Just like all the rest of the current science.

Because in every religion, there has to be a beginning--and an end!"big crunch" what a load.

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 11, 2012 2:11 am » by Harbin

dollar short wrote:guys a moron, the great debate that stifled science was the big bang theory..since then scientist are told to hold to current dogma, anything outside the current mold is heresy..i still side with Hoyle on that one!

look at how they savaged the theorist on the FTL theory, which explains alot, but not all. Just like all the rest of the current science.

Because in every religion, there has to be a beginning--and an end!"big crunch" what a load.

This deserves it's own thread. I and others have posted on this issue of the big bang theory, ( emphasize theory ), and it seems clear to me that it is indeed a dogma that stifles science.

As to the OP however, the man simply wasn't addressing any science topic in depth, but rather was offering a synopsis, in his usual ranting style, about how society encourages the great dumbing down of kids.

I'll try to find an old post, but it seems the upgrade to 2.0 dropped some threads, or that the new version is not searching well.
Antiwar.com

Super Moderator

PostSat Aug 11, 2012 2:12 am » by The57ironman

dollar short wrote:guys a moron, the great debate that stifled science was the big bang theory..since then scientist are told to hold to current dogma, anything outside the current mold is heresy..i still side with Hoyle on that one!

...dollar short , huh..?.... :mrcool: ...who dat..?

...you know it's autumn in New England
....when you have to run your air conditioning and heat...
in the same day..

Writer

PostSat Aug 11, 2012 2:20 am » by dollar short

The57ironman wrote:

Just a newbie, that finally found the site! should have found it years ago! i like's :cheers:

Super Moderator

PostSat Aug 11, 2012 2:24 am » by The57ironman

dollar short wrote:
The57ironman wrote:

Just a newbie, that finally found the site! should have found it years ago! i like's :cheers:

.........okay....... :mrcool:

:lol:

.... :hiho:
...you know it's autumn in New England
....when you have to run your air conditioning and heat...
in the same day..

Writer

PostSat Aug 11, 2012 2:43 am » by dollar short

Harbin wrote:

This deserves it's own thread. I and others have posted on this issue of the big bang theory, ( emphasize theory ), and it seems clear to me that it is indeed a dogma that stifles science.

As to the OP however, the man simply wasn't addressing any science topic in depth, but rather was offering a synopsis, in his usual ranting style, about how society encourages the great dumbing down of kids.

I'll try to find an old post, but it seems the upgrade to 2.0 dropped some threads, or that the new version is not searching well.

Agreed on thread! However, i do feel that the Georges Lemaître Vs Holye debates was the harbinger of the downfall of pure science. This was the turning point for professors to tow the line on what was acceptable and (newly consider established ideas) or fringe science to teach the new fledglings. After that, new ideas always were consider outlandish until proven correct or accepted by the current intengentsia! who is really in controll.

Hoyles constant universe still seems the most logical. There is a lot of evidence that the universe is flat which is ignored. Even now the main stream science is perverting this to prove the big band! still, what a load!

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 11, 2012 3:58 am » by Noentry

I like this fella.
He knows.
And he is right on most
except for his religion will save you over science.
In this he is wrong

dollar short :hiho:
"The third-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the majority.
The second-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking with the minority.
The first-rate mind is only happy when it is thinking."
A. A. Milne

Conspirator

PostSat Aug 11, 2012 8:01 am » by Iwanci

Most of the rich people these days are the equivalent to the court jesters of the past... entertainers.

Since when did we humans decide that it was more important to be entertained than it is to solve issues that affect society? Even our politicians train on end in the art of acting and posturing... It is more important to 'show' you care than to actually care.

So who has the dosh $$$$$$$? The court jester.

So who runs our counties? The court jester.

So who do we hold in high regard? The court jester.

So who do our kids want to mimick? What do we encourage them to be when they grow up?

Court Jesters...

Fortes fortuna iuvat

Next