Why Men Can't Bear To See Women Cry

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 08, 2011 3:06 pm » by Funnyman46

99socks wrote:I thought it was a cultural thing, that men couldn't bear to see women cry because it is something they cannot control. They literally are helpless when a woman cries, and that makes them very uncomfortable. As for those men who continue to abuse a woman even when she is crying, the tears themselves are a feedback mechanism for the male that he is accomplishing control.

In an abusive situation I would agree with you.
Sometimes, simple is better

Super Moderator

PostSat Jan 08, 2011 3:07 pm » by Slith

99socks wrote:I thought it was a cultural thing, that men couldn't bear to see women cry because it is something they cannot control. They literally are helpless when a woman cries, and that makes them very uncomfortable. As for those men who continue to abuse a woman even when she is crying, the tears themselves are a feedback mechanism for the male that he is accomplishing control.

Great point

Canubis wrote:

u fell for my missle tow.....its just a pek..... im perma banned 3 times for fags.... so smooch! it

SMAK ME BITCH on the lips....

xmass is coming hard...

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 08, 2011 3:20 pm » by Funnyman46

Could it also be a defensive mechanism for the lack of confrontational skills or self estem issues?
Sometimes, simple is better

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 08, 2011 3:47 pm » by Mozi!!a

gisgangusur wrote:
demobe wrote:Image

Ladies, when your husband says "Honey, you know I can’t stand to see you cry.” - Believe him. According to Neurobiologist Noam Seobel’s recent study on why women’s tears have such an affect on men;
It isn’t that men simply happened to be moved by those tears which we shed, it’s that their testosterone levels actually decrease. Also, according to the study, it isn’t the sight of tears but actually it’s the scent. It’s the same subtle pheromones which will either attract or repel the opposite sex.
Now, it’s not that the study proved anything, which women haven’t already known. It’s the oldest trick in the book. Our mother’s and grandmothers have shown us how well tears work and it’s become inherit in our making, so much so that modern and liberated women need to take extra measures to ensure we don’t resort to such manipulative maneuvers.
However, one thing women may not have known is that the scent of their tears is something, which can turn a man off. Therefore, if that’s not something you want to do, then I would suggest you doing your crying when he’s not around.
I would mention that Seobe also states:
“The scent may well be an evolutionary adaptation meant to protect women against aggressive or sexually charged men.”
However since it doesn’t explain why men continue to abuse women in spite of those tears, I would have to add some salt to that one.
Recently, a gentleman admitted that he can't stand to see anything worse than a lady cry. He’s seen horrendous assaults done to people and said that he was unaffected by it. But the one thing he said which he can’t understand is why it bothers him to see a woman cry. Had this study come out a few days prior to that conversation, I would have said, “Honey, it’s all about your testicles.”

WTF mobe,are u giving our heads to the chicks on a silver plate for good?!?!?! :lol:

:lol: :lol:

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 08, 2011 3:50 pm » by Svaha

It 'works' in two ways, both 'sides' try to keep controll, been doing that since baby.
What makes this so strong, keeps humankind in this circle, is the involvement of 'sexuality' and even more so 'intimacy'.
Follow your bliss(ters) - Joseph Campbell

Super Moderator

PostSat Jan 08, 2011 3:51 pm » by Slith

hehe. I knew someone was gonna say it

Canubis wrote:

u fell for my missle tow.....its just a pek..... im perma banned 3 times for fags.... so smooch! it

SMAK ME BITCH on the lips....

xmass is coming hard...

Conspirator

PostSat Jan 08, 2011 3:51 pm » by Mozi!!a

Conspirator

PostSun Jan 09, 2011 3:25 am » by Gisgangusur

Nothing like a 'lil fight to "heaten" things up,aye??? :flop: :cheers:
Now ye shall know that the chosen priest & apostle of infinite space is the prince-priest, the Beast; and in his woman, called the Scarlet Woman, is all power given.

"VISITA INTERIORA TERRAE RECTIFICANDO INVENIES OCCULTUM LAPIDEM."

Previous